Jana back for the tournament? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jana back for the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
If I misunderstood him that's on the way he phrased it. He specifically said if they get _____back by March. If Patterson is coming back in the next week then why would we think he's referring to her in this instance?
Well Geno has been know to use ...Sarcasm

Reaction Score
Rodgers had a totally different kind of surgery, one that is fairly new and not commonly used. Perhaps Jana should’ve had the same surgery, but she did not. With the traditional type of surgery, a rehab of more than nine months is typical.
Rodgers had a totally different kind of surgery, one that is fairly new and not commonly used. Perhaps Jana should’ve had the same surgery, but she did not. With the traditional type of surgery, a rehab of more than nine months is typical.
Just wondering how you know what type of surgery she had? I have only seen she had surgery.

Reaction Score
Just wondering how you know what type of surgery she had? I have only seen she had surgery.

I don't know for a fact, but it's pretty easy to infer. Prior to the surgery, UConn announced she would be out for the year. If the plan was for her to have a type of surgery where a number of athletes have recovered within six months, I doubt they would have been so quick to say she wouldn't play this year. Also there are reportedly only a handful of surgeons/hospitals using the technique that was used on Aaron Rodgers, i.e. the speed bridge technique. I haven't seen the UConn Health Center linked to that procedure. Dr. Neil ElAttrache, who is based in Los Angeles, has been the most notable surgeon to use this innovative procedure.

Reaction Score
Jana and Paige yesterday at the game:

Jana and Paige.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don't know for a fact, but it's pretty easy to infer. Prior to the surgery, UConn announced she would be out for the year. If the plan was for her to have a type of surgery where a number of athletes have recovered within six months, I doubt they would have been so quick to say she wouldn't play this year. Also there are reportedly only a handful of surgeons/hospitals using the technique that was used on Aaron Rodgers, i.e. the speed bridge technique. I haven't seen the UConn Health Center linked to that procedure. Dr. Neil ElAttrache, who is based in Los Angeles, has been the most notable surgeon to use this innovative procedure.
Thanks. Appreciate your response

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He says if we get Jana/Yannah back. That's the only name he uses in terms of being "back." That's why I don't think it makes sense that it's Patterson.
This thread has too many legs. I guarantee he is not going to waste a full year of Jana for some games at the end of the season. He was talking about Patterson and has called her Yanna before. His reference to March was only that she will be part of the tournament front court rotation, not that she won’t be ready until then,

Reaction Score
Listened twice. Geno never mentioned Jana. He talked about Ayana Patterson.

Misleading thread title.
calm down, it was taken out of context most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
His reference to March was only that she will be part of the tournament front court rotation, not that she won’t be ready until then,

You got that out of "And if we get Yanna back....?"

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
You got that out of "And if we get Yanna back....?"
I got that out of he said Yanna not Jana. It would be utter malpractice for him to use up a full year of eligibility for a promising freshman just to win some games at the end of the year. And he already said Jana is gone for the year. Use logic for crying out loud. The OP poster probably forgot Ayanna and that she isnt immediately available at the start of the year.

Reaction Score
They could have totally different injuries. Jana is also playing in a game that is way more stressful on your feet and ankles and she can redshirt so no reason to hurry back. Rogers in what, 115 years old and needs to stay ahead of father time. I would also add that throwing a 5 yard pass doesn't mean you care close to ready to return.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I got that out of he said Yanna not Jana. It would be utter malpractice for him to use up a full year of eligibility for a promising freshman just to win some games at the end of the year. And he already said Jana is gone for the year. Use logic for crying out loud. The OP poster probably forgot Ayanna and that she isnt immediately available at the start of the year.

I'm not sure questioning what Geno'stalking about, which made little sense, is worth telling me to use logic. But maybe that's just me.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I'm not sure questioning what Geno'stalking about, which made little sense, is worth telling me to use logic. But maybe that's just me.
You asked me how I concluded it was Ayanna. I told you. And on top of that, it makes zero sense that he was talking about Jana either from an availability point of view or using up her eligibility. Seriously. Besides, he said. “Yanna”.

Reaction Score
Paige is definitely coming back! Azzi back and she makes more $$ staying in college! She will b back next year for her redshirt and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she decides to take her Covid year to!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You asked me how I concluded it was Ayanna. I told you. And on top of that, it makes zero sense that he was talking about Jana either from an availability point of view or using up her eligibility. Seriously. Besides, he said. “Yanna”.

So, you still have not answered why he would say "If we get Jana/Yanna back" perhaps by March if he was referring to Patterson. Why not just admit his comment was confusing and made little sense?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
So, you still have not answered why he would say "If we get Jana/Yanna back" perhaps by March if he was referring to Patterson. Why not just admit his comment was confusing and made little sense?
Oh geez. Quit. it. He said Yanna. As in Ayanna Patterson Can you just accept that?. He never once said Jana. Email him and ask him and if has suggested Jana will possibly be playing in March? Ask him If would blow a year of her eligibility for a fee games in March. If you can’t figure that out i don’t know what to say. Take a look at this thread and notice how many posters actually heard him and agree he did not say Jana Im out of this thread based on a misheard comment. Have a nice day.

Reaction Score
The situation was confusing to be sure, because if it was Yanna being back by March, that is inconsistent with what we were led to believe.

It might be that player and coach are on very different timelines regarding their expectations. Sometimes with Geno you don't know if his comments are meant to speed up the process of recovery, or to slow it down as in don't try to do too much too soon.

If I remember right he said something along the line of Yanna saying she expected to be ready to go by Wednesday, almost as if he thought that was a pie in the sky unrealistic expectation. His comment of March at the other extreme might be more of his expectation, if so that is pretty discouraging because I didn't expect her to miss much if any of the season.

Regardless, we don't really know much about the seriousness of her injury, or with much confidence about the recovery timeline. Wednesday and March are miles apart so it is easy to see how many could interpret that to be about two different players. The only scenario I can come up with is one was a player's projection, and the other was the coaches, but we could certainly use some clarification on Ayanna's timeline.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's not clear what Geno meant by his statement in question. Today he said that Ayanna is out tomorrow, but has begun individual workouts and hopefully will participate in regular practices soon. He looks forward to her return.

Reaction Score
I believe Geno's implying that coming off surgery, Patterson has a long "ramp" to be a significant contributor to this year's team. He'll probably limit her minutes initially and then hope she can get to a form so that she can be a significant contributor come March. Its still not good news since the clear weakness of this team is the frontcourt., physical play and rebounding. I cant imagine what would happen if AE went down.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
It's not clear what Geno meant by his statement in question. Today he said that Ayanna is out tomorrow, but has begun individual workouts and hopefully will participate in regular practices soon. He looks forward to her return.
Listen to the interview. He said Yanna moreover, why would he list Ice, Amari, and AAliyah, include the remote possibility of Jana and totally exclude Yanna. Makes zero sense.

Reaction Score
Anyone watch all access after the game?? Jana said she is out for the season.

PvP

Reaction Score
Rodgers had a radical procedure that was designed to speed up recovery with an aim towards the playoffs. It is hardly guaranteed and, given Zack Wilson's inept performance, the chances of the Jets making the playoffs makes his choice of procedure immaterial in my opinion.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Will someone tell me if Jana is as talented as Toomey? She looked really good in the tourney she played in before getting hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom