Jana back for the tournament? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jana back for the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
He was referring to Patterson in the context of her being part of a group of bigs available for the end of season run, not when she becomes available. In the other interview he mentions that SHE says she’ll be ready for the opener Wednesday.

He says if we get Jana/Yannah back. That's the only name he uses in terms of being "back." That's why I don't think it makes sense that it's Patterson.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Do we have any details on Ayanna Patterson's injury? Is it possible that she will be out for 3 months?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do we have any details on Ayanna Patterson's injury? Is it possible that she will be out for 3 months?
Ayanna had knee surgery during the offseason. It was never specified exactly what the procedure was for: ACL, MCL, meniscus, etc.? The only thing that was indicated is that Ayanna’s injury was similar to Morgan Tuck, who I believe suffered from micro fractures in her knees.

Some BY’ers have commented that Ayanna’s vertical elevation was nowhere near the same as what we all watched on videos when she was in HS. That’s certainly consistent with the type of injury that Tuck dealt with. When Ayanna comes back, and whether or not her game will ever get back “above the rim” or not remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ayanna had knee surgery during the offseason. It was never specified exactly what the procedure was for: ACL, MCL, meniscus, etc.? The only thing that was indicated is that Ayanna’s injury was similar to Morgan Tuck, who I belief suffered from micro fractures in her knees.

Some BY’ers have commented that Ayanna’s vertical elevation was nowhere near the same as what we all watched on videos when she was in HS. That’s certainly consistent with the type of injury that Tuck dealt with. When Ayanna comes back, and whether or not her game will ever get back “above the rim” or not remains to be seen.

Yanna is putting in work

Reaction Score
He says if we get Jana/Yannah back. That's the only name he uses in terms of being "back." That's why I don't think it makes sense that it's Patterson.
Dropping the "A" in Ayanna=Yanna, which is what Geno generally does when referring to Patterson

Reaction Score
He was referring to Jana! I’m pretty sure Ayanna ias expected to be ready very soon.

Reaction Score
Jana is pronounced with a hard J as in judge. In rehab for an Achilles it’s 6-9 months until she starts running and jumping. And then starting to practice to get in BB shape and in synch with playing . Not to mention she has no experience in a college game. There’s no way that GA would burn a year of her eligibility for a couple of games of mop up PT.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jana is pronounced with a hard J as in judge. In rehab for an Achilles it’s 6-9 months until she starts running and jumping. And then starting to practice to get in BB shape and in synch with playing . Not to mention she has no experience in a college game. There’s no way that GA would burn a year of her eligibility for a couple of games of mop up PT.

Well I agree with these thoughts, but then it makes no sense to act as if Patterson might not be ready to play by March.

Reaction Score
I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who apparently believe Geno & his staff would rush a recruit back before she is ready! You can bet that any player stepping on the court after an (any) injury, has been cleared by multiple medical sources, her parent, a gradual pre return regimen, and the recruit in question. If Jana recovers completely, is cleared by all concerned, and wants to play, then the medical question is settled. The only remaining question would be as to the advisability of burning a year of eligibility!

Reaction Score
I’m constantly amazed at the number of posters who apparently believe Geno & his staff would rush a recruit back before she is ready! You can bet that any player stepping on the court after an (any) injury, has been cleared by multiple medical sources, her parent, a gradual pre return regimen, and the recruit in question. If Jana recovers completely, is cleared by all concerned, and wants to play, then the medical question is settled. The only remaining question would be as to the advisability of burning a year of eligibility!
Thank you for providing the voice of reason.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Yanna is Ayanna's nickname given to her by her father and used by the team. Jana was not mentioned.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
He was referring to Jana! I’m pretty sure Ayanna ias expected to be ready very soon.
nope. Jana pronounces the J Yanna is Ayanna's nickname

sun

Reaction Score

The closed captioning displayed "Jana" but it makes mistakes all of the time.
Geno did not enunciate the letter J, but very clearly enunciated the letter Y.
Do you think that Geno pronounces Jana's name as if he were speaking Spanish?

Reaction Score
Had I not known better, I’d thought you were being serious. But, I do know better.

Reaction Score
Why would he be talking about Patterson when he says "if we can get Jana/Yanna back" by March? Referring to El Alfy is the only thing that makes sense.
Except, of course, the fact that you are wrong. "Yanna" and "Johna" are two different players. The previous posts in this thread made that completely clear. Ayanna is the only injured player with a chance of playing this year. This thread needs to be locked by a MOD,

Dogstar

Of course I'm Sirius
Reaction Score
So basically Patterson could be out for the season? March is pretty much the whole season. This is news to me. If she is gone for season this hurts big time!! Something doesn’t feel right with this statement. There is no way she could be back by March. That seems way to long. If that is the case she should just redshirt. Why waste a full season for a month of basketball. She had a minor procedure done on her knees over the summer. Something doesn’t seem right. We would have heard this news by now. I think we are reading into this.
Translation....THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Reaction Score
According to the Pre-game Ayanna is planning on being ready for Dayton on Wednesday, but Geno said it like he is not expecting her to play in four days, when he said, "sounds like something a veteran would say..."

I am pretty sure Patterson will see her first action against Minnesota to see how it goes before going to the Cayman Islands and going against UCLA.

Reaction Score
What I heard was Yanna told Geno she’d be ready on the 8th for Dayton. Now granted I have hearing aids. But that’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
You having hearing aids most likely makes you hear better than most of us in the 'Yard.

I heard the same thing...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Except, of course, the fact that you are wrong. "Yanna" and "Johna" are two different players. The previous posts in this thread made that completely clear. Ayanna is the only injured player with a chance of playing this year. This thread needs to be locked by a MOD,

I'm wrong that it makes no sense to suggest Patterson might not be back until March if that? Odd.

Reaction Score
I'm wrong that it makes no sense to suggest Patterson might not be back until March if that? Odd.
You completely misunderstood his comments. What doesn’t make sense is even suggesting that the program would waste a whole year of eligibility by activating a Freshman for the tournament who had never played a college game. He was just hoping that by next March Ayanna would be a productive player. He did mention Jana in his post game presser and pronounced her name correctly. This thread is just a waste of space.

Reaction Score

Rodgers had a totally different kind of surgery, one that is fairly new and not commonly used. Perhaps Jana should’ve had the same surgery, but she did not. With the traditional type of surgery, a rehab of more than nine months is typical.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
You completely misunderstood his comments. What doesn’t make sense is even suggesting that the program would waste a whole year of eligibility by activating a Freshman for the tournament who had never played a college game. He was just hoping that by next March Ayanna would be a productive player. He did mention Jana in his post game presser and pronounced her name correctly. This thread is just a waste of space.

If I misunderstood him that's on the way he phrased it. He specifically said if they get _____back by March. If Patterson is coming back in the next week then why would we think he's referring to her in this instance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom