Jana back for the tournament? | The Boneyard

Jana back for the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Well...I heard that he DID include Jana regarding March play...my guess
is that he misspoke. Does make you wonder.

Reaction Score

6:15 mark, did he just say it’s possible to get Jana back by the time the tournament rolls around??? Maybe he misspoke?

It sounded like " YANNA" to me...... However, the context was originally about " no longer playing like Freshman."
But Geno did also mention: "Amari, ...... etc. " My guess is he was discussing what players may contribute
to success in March and April.... Not easy to clearly know .... anyhow.... March is a Long Time away!!!

Reaction Score
I think Geno is well pleased with this team and the progress they have made. He had an air of confidence when talking about them. Geno now has 10 solid players he can put into the mix toward his 12th NC.I thought at a recent time, he said this year will be a fun year. I really pray that they all stay healthy and no injuries. GO HUSKIES!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
He was referring to Yanna. However, I did notice, in the video of the team standing in a circle after practice, that Jana was wearing workout clothes, two sneakers and standing upright on both legs. My guess is that she has begun rehabbing her Achilles tendon. While I don’t expect to see her this season, much like Ice Brady, I expect that she will be fully healthy and ready to go next season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He was referring to Yanna. However, I did notice, in the video of the team standing in a circle after practice, that Jana was wearing workout clothes, two sneakers and standing upright on both legs. My guess is that she has begun rehabbing her Achilles tendon. While I don’t expect to see her this season, much like Ice Brady, I expect that she will be fully healthy and ready to go next season.
In the recent interviews, I think it was Carol who noted that Jana is out of the boot. That's progress!

Majic Hands

https://www.neumi.com/jkvetter
Reaction Score
Listened twice. Geno never mentioned Jana. He talked about Ayana Patterson.

Misleading thread title.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think Geno is well pleased with this team and the progress they have made. He had an air of confidence when talking about them. Geno now has 10 solid players he can put into the mix toward his 12th NC.I thought at a recent time, he said this year will be a fun year. I really pray that they all stay healthy and no injuries. GO HUSKIES!!!!
Yup. That is the vibe I am getting as well. Coach seems pretty pleased with this squad and their level of play and development. Also, there is no reason to rush Jana back this year. Let her fully recover and go through the process of rehab so that she is ready next year. No point of rushing her back and run the risk of reinjury or another injury.

Reaction Score
So basically Patterson could be out for the season? March is pretty much the whole season. This is news to me. If she is gone for season this hurts big time!! Something doesn’t feel right with this statement. There is no way she could be back by March. That seems way to long. If that is the case she should just redshirt. Why waste a full season for a month of basketball. She had a minor procedure done on her knees over the summer. Something doesn’t seem right. We would have heard this news by now. I think we are reading into this.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Patterson but if Jana somehow managed to be ready by March, wouldn't she burn a year of eligibility if she did play in even one game?

Reaction Score
So basically Patterson could be out for the season? March is pretty much the whole season. This is news to me. If she is gone for season this hurts big time!! Something doesn’t feel right with this statement. There is no way she could be back by March. That seems way to long. If that is the case she should just redshirt. Why waste a full season for a month of basketball. She had a minor procedure done on her knees over the summer. Something doesn’t seem right. We would have heard this news by now. I think we are reading into this.
agreed......I thought Patterson would be ready for the regular season.........losing her and Jana would be a serious blow to the front court....

Reaction Score
She doesn't need to red shirt. She has 4 years left to play 3 seasons. She could just take the year off if she has a significant injury.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he was talking about Patterson but if Jana somehow managed to be ready by March, wouldn't she burn a year of eligibility if she did play in even one game?
Yes

Reaction Score
Why would he be talking about Patterson when he says "if we can get Jana/Yanna back" by March? Referring to El Alfy is the only thing that makes sense.
He was referring to Patterson in the context of her being part of a group of bigs available for the end of season run, not when she becomes available. In the other interview he mentions that SHE says she’ll be ready for the opener Wednesday.

sun

Reaction Score
Why would he be talking about Patterson when he says "if we can get Jana/Yanna back" by March? Referring to El Alfy is the only thing that makes sense.
I think that Geno simply mispoke by using the word if instead of saying when Yanna comes back.
UConn publically announced that Jana "will miss the entire season."
Geno wouldn't ignore Yanna when she's close to returning & Jana isn't.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

6:15 mark, did he just say it’s possible to get Jana back by the time the tournament rolls around??? Maybe he misspoke?

It was announced that Jana would miss the season. There is no possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky