Jamir Harris (Transfer Minnesota) | The Boneyard

Jamir Harris (Transfer Minnesota)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Hearing from my friend who's on the staff of Minnesota that Coach Young is like a father figure to this kid. Like he even helped raise the kid in some capacity. Kid can shoot! He has that NYC grit/toughness too. I LOVE this kid's game! Would fill a shooting need too!

Reaction Score
Hearing from my friend who's on the staff of Minnesota that Coach Young is like a father figure to this kid. Like he even helped raise the kid in some capacity. Kid can shoot! He has that NYC grit/toughness too. I LOVE this kid's game! Would fill a shooting need too!

And with a 3.9 gpa he can play right away?

Reaction Score

What’s your friend say about Isaiah Washington?

pj

Reaction Score
Jamir Harris only made 6 free throws all season, in 394 minutes played. Washington played about 1.6 x the minutes and had 9 x more made free throws, 3.5 x more rebounds, 4.3 x more assists. The only good statistic for Jamir Harris is his 3 pt shooting percentage.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And with a 3.9 gpa he can play right away?
Jamir Harris only made 6 free throws all season, in 394 minutes played. Washington played about 1.6 x the minutes and had 9 x more made free throws, 3.5 x more rebounds, 4.3 x more assists. The only good statistic for Jamir Harris is his 3 pt shooting percentage.
Not saying take Jamir but “the only” is what is desperately needed.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
A spot up shooter is something we desperately need.

Reaction Score
Not really sure we need to recruit every person who has ever met Kimani Young.

The roster needs a talent upgrade - this isn’t how you do it.

Had to laugh out loud at your observation. It'll be hard to find enough uniforms for all these players if this keeps up.

Reaction Score
Not sure if that will go into effect this year.

His numbers with Minn don't tell the whole story. He was clearly a more effective guard than Washington; their fan base was calling for him to play more minutes than Washington.

Is Jamir Harris the more valuable Minnesota freshman?

I liked the idea of a late bloomer coming to UConn, etc. but jumped off the Harris bandwagon when I looked at minutes and stats for the last ten games of the year.
If Harris is the better player, compared to Washington (per the article about who is the best freshman), why such a drastic drop in Harris' minutes and production vs. Washington?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom