James Wiseman announcing tomorrow | Page 4 | The Boneyard

James Wiseman announcing tomorrow

Reaction Score
i don't think precious is a nice fit on that roster anymore.

Wiseman is joining five-star forward D.J. Jeffries (No. 21) and four-star center Malcolm Dandridge

Plus Memphis is the favorite for five-star forward Trendon Watford (No. 23)

They are good to go in the frontcourt. Hurley and Penny should make a deal- we won't recruit any more guards if they dont recruit any more forwards.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My biggest fear now is that UK pivots to Kofi at some point when they likely whiff on Stewart/Carey.

Very worried about this. Last minute Calipari swoop.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm very happy to get this talent in our league and hope it spurs others in his class. Memphis where I used to live loves their basketball even though it's a football area. They also like their ribs, biscuits and chicken.

We need to follow this with Kofi or Akok, to double down on the message that this is a basketball league. Really need Wichita State to bounce back, and the Cinci to keep things up. It should have a trickle down effect and improve recruiting for Temple, Houston, Tulsa, Tulane and UCF. I am not sure USF and ECU can be saved.

Reaction Score
Drummond is old school, wiseman is not. Andre is way bigger and more athletic.

I think that Drummond will be the better NBA player, but Wiseman will make more of a college impact. Just a gut feeling.
I don’t think Wiseman will dominate college. He’s a lot like Skal was a few years ago. If Memphis is going to be good, he shouldn’t be their first option on offense.

EYBL Stats: 15.2 PPG, 50.2 FG%, 55.4% FT, 14.8% 3PT, 6.6 REB, 0.7 AST, 1.9 BLK, 2.1 TO

Kofi has better numbers at everything but blocks, and he’s not even a consensus 5 star.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Torn on whether to be happy or not.

If you said the AAC is where all 12 members will be in 10 years, then sure, by all means.

If you said there is a conference realignment shake up in 2-3 years, I want everyone to tank in both sports.

Some good it for us rooting for teams like Louisville back in the day..

Reaction Score
For me it was Cuse. I took enormous pleasure in their crushing defeats year after year. 2003 was a tough time for me.

I always rooted for Pitt in the ncaa tournament, because it was a miracle when they'd make it out of the 1st weekend; As one of the perennial better OBE teams, they'd continuously make the conference look bad. I was always like come on guys, wtf.

Be more generous and caring. It's only their one championship that even allows us to compare their accomplishments (unfavorably of course) to those of Tyler Olander.

Reaction Score
Hurley needs frontcourt players. Now he has a nice selling point. Show your stuff vs this #1 kid. Make your name with us.

Also great for national exposure as we play Memphis at least twice a year. NBA scouts will be in attendance at most of Memphis' games next year as this is their second 5 star. Good opportunity for our guys and good selling point to Akok, Kofi, and Precious.

Reaction Score
Watford is the most likely to go to Memphis of those 3. No way Jeffries, Watford, and Achiuwa all commit to the same school. They’re all physical hybrid forwards that struggle to shoot the 3, and Memphis already has 2 other frontcourt commits now.

Besides, we’re better off having Achiuwa go to Memphis than anywhere else.

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
Very worried about this. Last minute Calipari swoop.

The UConn homer in me wants to believe that anyone who was a school's, at best, 5th or 6th option would rather go somewhere that they are valued but I'm also not a teenage kid with NBA dreams. "Hey, we missed on Wiseman, Tshiebwe, Carey, Bacot, Igiehon, Stewart, and McDaniels, so....here we are!" is quite the sales pitch.

Reaction Score
I look forward to the Wiseman-Jefferies-Watford vs Achiuwa-Akok-Cockburn matchups.

In all seriousness, if both schools can pull these classes off then man on man, the AAC image would be much improved rep-wise going forward.

Reaction Score
if matt hurt commits to kansas they prob Wont get precious

if zeke nnaji commits to kansas they prob Won't get kofi

if trendon watford commits to memphis they Prob Won't get precious

but kentucky still doesn't have ANY PFs/Cs committed yet...they remain the elephant in the room.

come april i think we get akok and mitchell and that's A-OK with me.

Last edited:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Great for the league. Yet yes it does worry me Kofi may get cultured by KY now.

Vultured, maybe, but nobody's ever been cultured by Kentucky.

Reaction Score
I look forward to the Wiseman-Jefferies-Watford vs Achiuwa-Akok-Cockburn matchups.

In all seriousness, if both schools can pull these classes off then man on man, the AAC image would be much improved rep-wise going forward.

Phenomenal matchups. Here's what the Watford camp is saying.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom