James Wiseman announcing tomorrow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

James Wiseman announcing tomorrow

Pgh2Storrs

In Hurley We Trust
Reaction Score
I think the most interesting thing in this whole deal is how Penny will do once the guys he worked with at the HS/AAU level have moved on. I'm sure they'll always have a strong hold on local talent as long as he's there, but to have this many top end guys in one class from the same area seems rare.

Does he start bringing in new assistants every few years that have deep ties to recruits? What happens if he gets these guys and they just aren't able to mesh together a team in time before some/most move on to the NBA? Will he still have the same hunger for recruiting when he starts really fighting UK/Duke for players that he doesn't have major in-roads with?

It's going to be a fascinating story to watch over the next few years.

Reaction Score
I think the most interesting thing in this whole deal is how Penny will do once the guys he worked with at the HS/AAU level have moved on. I'm sure they'll always have a strong hold on local talent as long as he's there, but to have this many top end guys in one class from the same area seems rare.

Does he start bringing in new assistants every few years that have deep ties to recruits? What happens if he gets these guys and they just aren't able to mesh together a team in time before some/most move on to the NBA? Will he still have the same hunger for recruiting when he starts really fighting UK/Duke for players that he doesn't have major in-roads with?

From what I read his current staff has a lot of tight ties to the AAU there, he prob won’t have to keep rotating aau guys. Mike Miller has family/friends running a real competitive program, penny has his connections too

Reaction Score
Huge get for Memphis and the league. Excited to see him play against us next year!

Reaction Score

If he wins? Given the local talent and his local rep, they'll be back to the Calipari days. Maybe not Rose-level Calipari, but like 2006-2009.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Outstanding news for the AAC. IF UConn and Memphis get their stuff back together again (and it looks like that both are), then the AAC has a much brighter long-term future than any other non-P5 hoops conference. Every conference needs its heavyweights to act like it and when UConn is down, so is the conference. Now that UConn has a pulse again, it's good to see the trickle down help out Memphis and hopefully others.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Is Wiseman a better prospect than Drummond was out of high school? We got our local superstar to stay home too.

Reaction Score
Is Wiseman a better prospect than Drummond was out of high school? We got our local superstar to stay home too.

Drummond is old school, wiseman is not. Andre is way bigger and more athletic.

I think that Drummond will be the better NBA player, but Wiseman will make more of a college impact. Just a gut feeling.

Reaction Score
I'm very happy to get this talent in our league and hope it spurs others in his class. Memphis where I used to live loves their basketball even though it's a football area. They also like their ribs, biscuits and chicken.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I never rooted for Syracuse under any circumstances. If they played Duke I rooted for Duke. Gross but true.

For me, this is a bomb scenario. I know it's not kosher in this day and age, but I root for a bomb to go off in the middle of the court.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They weren't exactly easy to root for but I was pulling for them to win it all. Aren't you from up that way?

This makes me ill. That was a dark time in my life.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom