James Madison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Madison

Reaction Score
Can you provide a link that shows the endowment is “now at $116 million” when the link I gave you shows it is @ $154.7m @ end of FY21.
Sorry, no link, do what I did, Google “what is James Madison’s present endowment”. What popped up was $116 million.

Reaction Score
Can you provide a link that shows the endowment is “now at $116 million” when the link I gave you shows it is @ $154.7m @ end of FY21.
I also checked Wikipedia which also said it’s $116 million.

Reaction Score
Sorry, no link, do what I did, Google “what is James Madison’s present endowment”. What popped up was $116 million.
I also checked Wikipedia which also said it’s $116 million.

Well if Google & Wiki sez it’s true it must be true (from the direct JMU link back in post #10):
008.png

It didn't drop 30% because they went from FCS to FBS.

Reaction Score
After quick Costco refill pit stops in Harrisonburg, I've driven by the JMU stadium on several occasions. Without specific details, Virginia's population's continues growing, and friends with current JMU students including athletes confirm JMU's enrollment's growing, and the school's athletic facilities and stadium have been enhanced and expanded in recent years.

Unclear what prompted a comparison of private Villanova and its' Main Line NIMBY-neighborhood limited growth and public JMU in Harrisonburg, but JMU's 25K-ish current capacity stadium appears well suited for JMU's upgrade to the Sun Belt. If demand warrants, I strongly suspect public JMU's capable of issuing revenue bonds and fundraising sufficient capital for further expansion.

th-1566179746.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we've learned anything over the last 20 years it's that while money is certainly important, smart leadership and a singular commitment to succeed are what really matter. If the boosters, legislators, the JM President and Board are all in for FBS--why not them? Plus, they're on our schedule. We need to be competing against an FBS rather than FCS James Madison. Our FCS opponents should be local.
They're FBS now... and they just shallacked FBS (G5) Middle Tennessee, the team that smashed us 44-13 last year... just sayin.

Reaction Score
That program seems to be ready for FBS football already
They're FBS now... and they just shallacked FBS (G5) Middle Tennessee, the team that smashed us 44-13 last year... just sayin.
Oops. Never mind—lol. I guess your first post threw me off. My bad.

Reaction Score
Oops. Never mind—lol. I guess your first post threw me off. My bad.
Yeah that's where this thread seemed to go a little of the rails, since JMU has already moved up from FCS to FBS into the Sun Belt this year with 3 C-USA teams ( Marshall, S. Miss and ODU).

While C-USA will have to move up 2 more FCS teams ( JAX St. and Sam Houston St) into their conference to stop from imploding. Once 6 more C-USA teams move to what's left of the AAC in 2023.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JMU is does have an excited fan base. And they believe in the Sun Belt.

"SB, MWC, and the AAC are going to fight for the one auto and it will be rare someone picks off an at-large from that group. Not saying it's right, but it's probably reality."

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
"SB, MWC, and the AAC are going to fight for the one auto and it will be rare someone picks off an at-large from that group. Not saying it's right, but it's probably reality."
JMU is positioned nicely, I’m happy for them… but that statement makes me really really grateful that UConn is independent!

Reaction Score
JMU is positioned nicely, I’m happy for them… but that statement makes me really really grateful that UConn is independent!

Right. Basically making it impossible to get in.

Reaction Score
During the hiring process I thought we should have made a run at Curt Cignetti for HC. No idea what he’s being paid at JMU or what his aspirations are but he’s definitely shown he can coach.

Reaction Score
The Sunbelt is a sneaky good conference as evidenced the past two weeks. Plenty of good coaches and a ton of southern football talent with massive chips on their shoulders for not being offered by the schools they are hanging losses on.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Can the school afford it???? Maybe another Villanova “let’s think about this”. With an endowment of $116 million, I think they’ll think it over. It’s like Marist fielding an FBS football team.
I lectured there years ago in a new program called ISAT Integrated Science and Technology. My old boss was a Dean. Beautiful campus, up and coming town in Harrisonburg. It’s a state school and well funded. ISAT students were pulling in good paying jobs at a very high rate.

TJT

Reaction Score
JMU's athletic dept is heavily subsidized by student fees which the VA legislature had put a cap on just a few years ago so as to to overburden those enrolled. It was already operating in territory challenging that cap. The move to FBS may make things worse as it requires more money.

Reaction Score
The Sunbelt is a sneaky good conference as evidenced the past two weeks. Plenty of good coaches and a ton of southern football talent with massive chips on their shoulders for not being offered by the schools they are hanging losses on.
You ain't kiddin' and getting paid......have a day Sun Belt !

Reaction Score
Living close to Appalachian State University I have a word of advice for UCONN, and actually also any power five conference teams, don’t schedule the Sun Belt. (ASU beat #6 Texas A&M, Marshall over Notre Dame, GS over Nebraska, all yesterday)

Reaction Score
Down 28-3 in the 2nd quarter AT App State, who knocked of Texas A&M on the road.....they come all the way back and win it 32-28....

FCS move to FBS done right....

Reaction Score
How is James Madison able to do that and uconn is so horrendous at football I barely care about the sport anymore?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
How is James Madison able to do that and uconn is so horrendous at football I barely care about the sport anymore?
Because they care at a leadership level

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom