James Madison | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Madison

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
One of the best FCS football programs on the east coast? Yeah they can come in. Would be a good addition from a football perspective. That photo of their football stadium is actually only half of their “unfinished” stadium. I think it fits 25k right now with potential to expand with better conference to over 40k.
Today we didn’t build our stadium with the ability to contract to 25k for a worse conference

Reaction Score
Today we didn’t build our stadium with the ability to contract to 25k for a worse conference

Ok... doesn’t neglect the fact that they’ve had success with football. Not exactly as open minded as me which is fine.

Reaction Score
Bad stadium, bad town, mediocre team, no history at high level. Don’t we have enough of those already??

arch

Reaction Score
Bad stadium, bad town, mediocre team, no history at high level. Don’t we have enough of those already??

Isn’t UConn one “of those already”?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
9028803180_b174831df6_b.jpg

Wow, nice facility....

4a3779af-269e-4e41-9082-ae9d2b0a20b9-png.34026

Oh...

Reaction Score
Isn’t UConn one “of those already”?

You don’t get ahead in life surrounding yourself with people at or below your level. We understand how this would be good for JMU. We’d like to hang with some cooler kids too. We promise if we get the call to move out of the trailer park we will put a good word in for you to take our spot.

Reaction Score
One of the best FCS football programs on the east coast? Yeah they can come in. Would be a good addition from a football perspective. That photo of their football stadium is actually only half of their “unfinished” stadium. I think it fits 25k right now with potential to expand with better conference to over 40k.

Them and Nova...let's add Delaware too...heck, let's just take the whole CAA while we are at right? Lol

Reaction Score
Them and Nova...let's add Delaware too...heck, let's just take the whole CAA while we are at right? Lol
It is possible that UConn will be joining THEM in the future if economics dictates such.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One of the best FCS football programs on the east coast? Yeah they can come in. Would be a good addition from a football perspective.

No, they can't and no, they wouldn't.

It's not happening now or ever.

Reaction Score
Idiot.
Not an informative response. Let's wait a couple of years and see what happens! I hope that I am wrong and an idiot.

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not an informative response. Let's wait a couple of years and see what happens! I hope that I am wrong and an idiot.

It was a descriptive response.

Reaction Score
Temple has no argument. Sure, let 'em in! More regional rivalries.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Nice win for Nova today, and JMU gave NC State a good game. I’d say “keep your eyes on the CAA,” but Elon’s down by about 30 against USF as I write this...

Reaction Score
Nice win for Nova today, and JMU gave NC State a good game. I’d say “keep your eyes on the CAA,” but Elon’s down by about 30 against USF as I write this...

Don't need Elon...just Nova and JMU. That will make the AAC a power conference for sure.

Reaction Score
Don't need Elon...just Nova and JMU. That will make the AAC a power conference for sure.
We'd be fine with Appalachian State.

Oh wait, we have a team in North Carolina...

Reaction Score
We'd be fine with Appalachian State.

Oh wait, we have a team in North Carolina...

We do? I mean what football team is from North Carolina that could beat App State? Lol.

Reaction Score
The current configuration is a bit odd. Of the 25k seats, 20k seem to be on the west side. Adding a similar structure to the east side is going to be more involved/expensive. There are existing structures to deal with.

JMU has been pretty successful the last few years although the renovation that got them from 15k to 25k was done in 2011. It seems to be a good capacity for them right now.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I love this thread. If there's a JMU board, someone should start a UConn thread and see if they become as OCD about us. :)

Reaction Score
The current configuration is a bit odd. Of the 25k seats, 20k seem to be on the west side. Adding a similar structure to the east side is going to be more involved/expensive. There are existing structures to deal with.

JMU has been pretty successful the last few years although the renovation that got them from 15k to 25k was done in 2011. It seems to be a good capacity for them right now.
Correct on the east side vs west side. Their long term plan is to take down the competition pool/volleyball/gymnasium structure you see there and build a similar seating structure to the west side -giving it close to 50k seats. My daughter swam there and we of course were hoping it would happen before she graduated in '14 but of course that did not happen... But, what a campus of new and old (not too disimilar to Storrs)! They are now completing a new 10k bball arena and have a new Fit/Rec facility. They certainly are building for the future in an impressive way. :)

Reaction Score
Correct on the east side vs west side. Their long term plan is to take down the competition pool/volleyball/gymnasium structure you see there and build a similar seating structure to the west side -giving it close to 50k seats. My daughter swam there and we of course were hoping it would happen before she graduated in '14 but of course that did not happen... But, what a campus of new and old (not too disimilar to Storrs)! They are now completing a new 10k bball arena and have a new Fit/Rec facility. They certainly are building for the future in an impressive way. :)

Interesting overall; but, where is all of the money going to come from? Virginia already has a pair of P5 schools in UVA nad V-Tech along with a public Ivy in good old W&M while it looks like they are investing heavily in both JMU and Old Dominion, plus I know that they have aspirations for George Mason due to its location inside the beltway.

Reaction Score
Interesting overall; but, where is all of the money going to come from? Virginia already has a pair of P5 schools in UVA nad V-Tech along with a public Ivy in good old W&M while it looks like they are investing heavily in both JMU and Old Dominion, plus I know that they have aspirations for George Mason due to its location inside the beltway.

Have been to George Mason? They would have to build structures off campus in order to do anything at all. It's really squashed with old houses around the campus. I almost rented a house down there a few years back.

James Madison however...it is a beautiful campus with plenty of room to grow and it is right on an interstate. IMO its smart to invest in JMU...long history, can recruit players to the area and the campus is pretty darn amazing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom