James Bouknight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Really want this guy and 247sports Dain Ervin still has the crystal ball for us.
I want him too. I think his style fits well with what Hurley is looking to do. Kamani Young could be a huge factor here. I think we get him. Makes too much sense.

Reaction Score
Looks like an under the radar type kid, really nice athlete. Wouldn't be upset to see him choose the Huskies that's for sure.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Looks like an under the radar type kid, really nice athlete. Wouldn't be upset to see him choose the Huskies that's for sure.
Not really under the radar. 4 star top prospect in Massachusetts. He’s just missed some AAU games. Future150 has him as like the 70th ranked prospect.

Reaction Score
Has offers from Minnesota, Temple, Rhode Island, Saint Louis, DePaul, and Kansas State

Except for KSU not much of a list
Where's the top guys that most thought were going to throw themselves at Dan Hurley's call? This guy is right now one of the skinny dudes that we all talked about - including me - UConn needs to be getting away from signing
I want UConn to be getting more of the junkyard dogs not the flash and dash
I have all the hope that Dan Hurley is leading UConn to a more physical, in your face team
C'mon coach - let's get them!!!
See you at the Rent on 4/30
Stop

Reaction Score
I love the 6'5 / 6'6 athletic players who can handle the ball, play with energy, have a knack to score, and are basketball players with a solid BB IQ. Having 2-3 of these players on the team makes a team really versatile. Sid Wilson is that type and Bouknight could be another. In Bouknight's case he seems to have the added defensive instincts and will. We would still need the knockdown deep shooter, (Quinones), who at the same size and position, plays quite differently.

It would be great to get the Hurley era off on a strong foot for 2019 with early summer commitments from Bouknight and Delaire, If we could follow that up with Akok, the nucleus of a strong team would be in place. That leaves fighting the wars for Quinones, Watts, and Cockburn. Each of those players is a 'difference maker' in different ways. Quinones - Deep Knockdown Shooter, Watts - skilled playmaker, and Cockburn - powerful low post presence. Crossing my fingers any of this talent comes our way, and, I do think it would be a black mark if none of this talent commits to us and we fill our roster with lesser players.

I prefer this mix of players vs Precious (Ach?). and the Irish forward (Ing?), because I see these players as 1 and dones. Tre Mitchell looked better in his mixtape than the reports from people who have seen him play, but I would have no problem with his low post power game if Cockburn is not a reality. Akok can protect the rim.

Aah, perchance to dream. What's a Friday a.m. for

Reaction Score
I love the 6'5 / 6'6 athletic players who can handle the ball, play with energy, have a knack to score, and are basketball players with a solid BB IQ. Having 2-3 of these players on the team makes a team really versatile. Sid Wilson is that type and Bouknight could be another. In Bouknight's case he seems to have the added defensive instincts and will. We would still need the knockdown deep shooter, (Quinones), who at the same size and position, plays quite differently.

It would be great to get the Hurley era off on a strong foot for 2019 with early summer commitments from Bouknight and Delaire, If we could follow that up with Akok, the nucleus of a strong team would be in place. That leaves fighting the wars for Quinones, Watts, and Cockburn. Each of those players is a 'difference maker' in different ways. Quinones - Deep Knockdown Shooter, Watts - skilled playmaker, and Cockburn - powerful low post presence. Crossing my fingers any of this talent comes our way, and, I do think it would be a black mark if none of this talent commits to us and we fill our roster with lesser players.

I prefer this mix of players vs Precious (Ach?). and the Irish forward (Ing?), because I see these players as 1 and dones. Tre Mitchell looked better in his mixtape than the reports from people who have seen him play, but I would have no problem with his low post power game if Cockburn is not a reality. Akok can protect the rim.

Bouknight and Wilson are both very good shot blockers for their positions which is nice, especially in college.

Mitchell has a solid stroke and can pass. He has more finesse to his game than any of our current bigs. But he probably isn't a year 1 contributor IMO.

Igiehon is a "next" and Akok is close to being one too (I've heard the staff wasn't happy with his frame/rebounding ability and low volume scoring).

Reaction Score
Bouknight and Wilson are both very good shot blockers for their positions which is nice, especially in college.

Mitchell has a solid stroke and can pass. He has more finesse to his game than any of our current bigs. But he probably isn't a year 1 contributor IMO.

Igiehon is a "next" and Akok is close to being one too (I've heard the staff wasn't happy with his frame/rebounding ability and low volume scoring).
Not to be annoying, but who do you think is either still in play for us or even possibly a lean towards us at this point?

Reaction Score
Not to be annoying, but who do you think is either still in play for us or even possibly a lean towards us at this point?
I'd say Delaire is a clear lean. I think the staff is in a good spot with Cockburn, Quinones, Achiuwa, Watts, Harris, Mitchell, and if we want them Bouknight, Lorca-Lloyd, and Dawes (Dawes just an assumption). I wouldn't say that any of them are a lean at this point because I haven't explicitly heard that, but I think a good number of those guys will take OVs.

I'm in the dark with Kira Lewis, Liddell, Patrick Williams, Omar Payne and Sam Williamson. No info on them. Less has gotten out in general from this staff, but I'm happy that they're offering a lot of good players in the 35-115 range and not wasting half of their time chasing 5* guys that show no love or are pipe dreams like Reddish and Shittu last year. Everyone in the know has heard good things about the staff, if that makes anyone feel better.

Reaction Score
I'd say Delaire is a clear lean. I think the staff is in a good spot with Cockburn, Quinones, Achiuwa, Watts, Harris, Mitchell, and if we want them Bouknight, Lorca-Lloyd, and Dawes (Dawes just an assumption). I wouldn't say that any of them are a lean at this point because I haven't explicitly heard that, but I think a good number of those guys will take OVs.

I'm in the dark with Kira Lewis, Liddell, Patrick Williams, Omar Payne and Sam Williamson. No info on them. Less has gotten out in general from this staff, but I'm happy that they're offering a lot of good players in the 35-115 range and not wasting half of their time chasing 5* guys that show no love or are pipe dreams like Reddish and Shittu last year. Everyone in the know has heard good things about the staff, if that makes anyone feel better.
Good to know, appreciate it my man.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Great stuff as always. Thanks so much.

Reaction Score

My top choices for this class based on that are for sure Delaire, Cockburn, Achiuwa, Watts, and Bouknight. We get 3 of those 5 and mix in some lower radar guys or something.. Ten TOES in

Reaction Score

Kenya has been liking tweets about Kira Lewis lately. Does it mean nothing? Probably. Could it mean something? Maybe.

Reaction Score

I really want Delaire so it's nice to hear we're still in good shape.

Reaction Score

ah .. all good info - thanks !

Reaction Score
I really want Delaire so it's nice to hear we're still in good shape.
He's the Cole Swider of this year's class. Big time scorer and underappreciated despite having great length. Hurley needs to seal the deal with Delaire.

C

Chief00

Watch the plays he makes on defense...

Quite frankly, Chief was discussing the Celtics recently with someone you would recognize and one of the things that stood out in their playoff victories was their defense producing turnovers on critical possessions. There is a lot to be said for someone with length and athleticism, who is active on defense.

C

Chief00

Cockburn would be a game changer and move Hurley's Rebuilding schedule up a year.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
This guy is right now one of the skinny dudes that we all talked about - including me - UConn needs to be getting away from signing
He could fill out.
I graduated HS at 6-3, 168.
3 years later I weighted 220.
We won't go to the part about 4o something years later weighing 323. (I'm back down within 15 pounds of my 20 year old self)

But aside from that, I want skills over body type, every time. I'll take Rip, Lamb, etc. over Big Daveo and Cobb any day of the week.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He could fill out.
I graduated HS at 6-3, 168.
3 years later I weighted 220.
We won't go to the part about 4o something years later weighing 323. (I'm back down within 15 pounds of my 20 year old self)

But aside from that, I want skills over body type, every time. I'll take Rip, Lamb, etc. over Big Daveo and Cobb any day of the week.

It's not just frame or skills either. It's also mentality and strength. A lot of our thin guys were really tentative (Larrier, Durham, Facey...) and not at all strong. Daniels was a thin guy who became aggressive and strong. Sydney Wilson is a beanpole but apparently is a really aggressive kid who plays bigger than his size.

You don't want to start writing off guys just because they don't fit a strict physical profile. It's important, sure, but you'll miss out on a lot of talent if you do that. Not to mention guys will mature physically. You just don't want an entire team of beanpoles.

A lot of this stuff is contextual.

zepfan

I'll make it.
Reaction Score
Really want this guy and 247sports Dain Ervin still has the crystal ball for us.

Judging from the video, this kid looks like he has advanced offensive skills and athleticism. Maybe Hurley's got a great eye for talent! That's 75% of a winning team - get the right players and coaching gets a hell of a lot easier. :)

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score

I agree. Better player than Quinones. His defensive footwork is a thing of beauty. Let's get this kid.

UconnU

Reaction Score
It's not just frame or skills either. It's also mentality and strength. A lot of our thin guys were really tentative (Larrier, Durham, Facey...) and not at all strong. Daniels was a thin guy who became aggressive and strong. Sydney Wilson is a beanpole but apparently is a really aggressive kid who plays bigger than his size.

You don't want to start writing off guys just because they don't fit a strict physical profile. It's important, sure, but you'll miss out on a lot of talent if you do that. Not to mention guys will mature physically. You just don't want an entire team of beanpoles.

A lot of this stuff is contextual.
He doesn't have the frame of Daniels or Wilson. He has a frame that can fill out nicely. Some of the pictures they use of him online are from when he was younger making a name for himself in NYC. This kid is the classic case of a kid simply being under-recruited. Probably because he missed some time, plays alongside Cole Anthony and his class is so deep. I love his game. The fact that he lives in NYC and plays in New England probably means that he's pretty familiar with us, he's even loosely affiliated with #jellyfam. I like our chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom