James Bouknight playing at 4pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight playing at 4pm

Reaction Score
Is there a hidden reason why he slipped so far in the lottery ? Now he is riding the pine even though the Hornets have injuries?

Was there something the GM’s saw or knew that made them pass on him and now is the reason he is riding the pine?

Honest questions…

Reaction Score
Is there a hidden reason why he slipped so far in the lottery ? Now he is riding the pine even though the Hornets have injuries?

Was there something the GM’s saw or knew that made them pass on him and now is the reason he is riding the pine?

Honest questions…
He’ll be fine… a team like Charlotte wants to win games and make the playoffs very bad now. Office personnel have their jobs riding on it. Bouk is more a long term project, there is reason why playoff teams are littered with veterans bc they are pro pros. Kobe averaged 5 min a game his first 3 games and Jerry West had seen special with him.

Reaction Score
Really hope this doesn’t end up with Bouk spending most the year in the G-League

Reaction Score
They are probably fans of Kyrie the BB player who they think is needed for the Nets to win the Championship. Doubt they care about the politics. If he was the 14th player on the team, would they be marching? They could have used him today.
Really? Do you live under a rock? These people are just antivaxers. They and Kyrie should just go away. The faster the better.

Reaction Score
He’ll be fine… a team like Charlotte wants to win games and make the playoffs very bad now. Office personnel have their jobs riding on it. Bouk is more a long term project, there is reason why playoff teams are littered with veterans bc they are pro pros. Kobe averaged 5 min a game his first 3 games and Jerry West had seen special with him.
Bouknight is absolutely not a long term project. He can score at all 3 levels with ease. A long term project means he is a freak athlete with no skill set. He's a freak athlete with damn good skills.

Reaction Score
Bouknight is absolutely not a long term project. He can score at all 3 levels with ease. A long term project means he is a freak athlete with no skill set. He's a freak athlete with damn good skills.
Right now it’s about winning games and not worrying about the Boneyards feelings. If he was ahead of others he would have showed it in practice. He’ll be fine look for him to get some minutes later on in the year and heavy minutes next year. If he was in Orlando he would be starting probably bc they are looking long term and personnel have job security, not so much in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
They are probably fans of Kyrie the BB player who they think is needed for the Nets to win the Championship. Doubt they care about the politics. If he was the 14th player on the team, would they be marching? They could have used him today.

Keep telling yourself that

Reaction Score
That’s well and all if he was a raw and a project. Like when a QB waits in the wings a few years. In that scenario I have no issues.

While he’s far from a finished and polished product, he is not some raw player that would be harmed by playing. He dropped 16ppg in preseason and was very good in Summer League most games. He belongs on the court. I think he deserves to be out there. I don’t think he is going to benefit from riding the bench.

I honestly don’t see how he gets his shot. If he played when Rozier is hurt and doesn’t play when Rozier is healthy, sure. But clearly he won’t be cracking the rotation anytime soon. Rozier is signed long term. Oubre signed through next year. He’s not a PG so he’s not going to take Ish Smith’s minutes. Bridges is not going to go anywhere. Hayward too. Where do his minutes come in the next two years at this point?

Again, if he was some long term raw project — which I don’t see how you can see he is — then ride that bench. But he’s not. He needs to be playing.

What the Hornets are doing is great for them, but I don’t think it’s good for Bouk as of now. Even when they brought Melo along “slow” last year, he was at least playing 15 min per game at the start. Why shouldn’t Bouk get that?
Cody Martin played 32 min tonight with Rozier out (and 24 when Rozier played). Those are the minutes we assumed would be Bouk's after the draft. The organization might have assumed so too, but Martin maybe beat him out. Garbage time preseason points don't matter in the slightest. But either way, Martin is only signed through this season and the Hornets are invested in Bouk for a few years. It will work itself out at some point this season or heading into next. And if it doesn't? If he can't beat out Cody freaking Martin? Then he probably wouldn't have made it on any team even if he got PT. But he still got lottery paid, and some team may still give him a shot as a distressed asset, so the worst case possible scenario is still pretty good for him.

Reaction Score
Hornets are 3-0 with league’s best record and somehow people need to complain. Patrick Mahomes sat out his first year.

Reaction Score
That’s well and all if he was a raw and a project. Like when a QB waits in the wings a few years. In that scenario I have no issues.

While he’s far from a finished and polished product, he is not some raw player that would be harmed by playing. He dropped 16ppg in preseason and was very good in Summer League most games. He belongs on the court. I think he deserves to be out there. I don’t think he is going to benefit from riding the bench.

I honestly don’t see how he gets his shot. If he played when Rozier is hurt and doesn’t play when Rozier is healthy, sure. But clearly he won’t be cracking the rotation anytime soon. Rozier is signed long term. Oubre signed through next year. He’s not a PG so he’s not going to take Ish Smith’s minutes. Bridges is not going to go anywhere. Hayward too. Where do his minutes come in the next two years at this point?

Again, if he was some long term raw project — which I don’t see how you can see he is — then ride that bench. But he’s not. He needs to be playing.

What the Hornets are doing is great for them, but I don’t think it’s good for Bouk as of now. Even when they brought Melo along “slow” last year, he was at least playing 15 min per game at the start. Why shouldn’t Bouk get that?
He was a lottery pick, he will get his opportunity. Teams do not easily give up on lottery picks.

Reaction Score
Cody Martin played 32 min tonight with Rozier out (and 24 when Rozier played). Those are the minutes we assumed would be Bouk's after the draft. The organization might have assumed so too, but Martin maybe beat him out. Garbage time preseason points don't matter in the slightest. But either way, Martin is only signed through this season and the Hornets are invested in Bouk for a few years. It will work itself out at some point this season or heading into next. And if it doesn't? If he can't beat out Cody freaking Martin? Then he probably wouldn't have made it on any team even if he got PT. But he still got lottery paid, and some team may still give him a shot as a distressed asset, so the worst case possible scenario is still pretty good for him.
I don't think he's been given the opportunity to beat out Cody Martin. It's what the Hornets do -- it's a Spurs thing with Borrego. They just don't play rookies. The fact that Melo Ball didn't start until Game 20 and still ended up being Rookie of the Year is remarkable he wasn't starting Game 1. Like any coaching decision/philosophy, it can be up for debate. Like I said in my other post, I think there is absolutely a time and place to sit rookie players -- NFL QBs for example and "project players." I don't think Bouk is a project and I think he deserves to play 15-20 min today. The Hornets are doing what is best for the Hornets (and at 3-0 it's working) but they are not doing what is best for James. I struggle to see why people but so much faith into the HORNETS and don't want to see James play. People just love to attack me when all I've been saying is I want to see James play and the Hornets were not the best landing spot for him.

Reaction Score
As a UConn fan, my primary concern regarding Bouknight is that he generate buzz and hype for the program and credibility for Hurley in terms of getting guys into the League.

It's not hard to see Bouknight's career evolving somewhat like Jeremy Lamb. Lottery pick, but basically didn't play his first year, then was a backup, then grew into a somewhat bigger role, then signed elsewhere as a free agent. Respectable career, got paid, family set for life, etc. But no buzz.

Is that good enough to keep top recruits thinking that UConn/Hurley can get them where they want to be in the NBA? We'll see.

Reaction Score
NBA and NFL are totally different animals. NBA lottery picks don't generally sit this much.
It’s been 3 games smh … just be happy he’s around a winning culture. That’ll help him out more than minutes right now.

Reaction Score
It’s been 3 games smh … just be happy he’s around a winning culture. That’ll help him out more than minutes right now.

You think not playing is better for player development than playing... because of culture. Oh wow.

Also my statement was a statement of fact. Didn't provide any opinion regarding Bouk's sitting right now.

Might want to dial it back guy.

Reaction Score
You think not playing is better for player development than playing... because of culture. Oh wow.

Also my statement was a statement of fact. Didn't provide any opinion regarding Bouk's sitting right now.

Might want to dial it back guy.
3 games 3 games !!!! Right now he’s not part of the rotation bc the guys in front of him are better. Take it easy he’s not going anywhere. Borrego is worried more about winning than any rookie minutes.

Reaction Score
3 games 3 games !!!! Right now he’s not part of the rotation bc the guys in front of him are better. Take it easy he’s not going anywhere. Borrego is worried more about winning than any rookie minutes.

Nothing you're saying is addressing the fact that you think NOT PLAYING is better than PLAYING because of the "culture." Charlotte has a historically awful culture in the NBA. And that doesn't even address how ridiculous of a claim that is. No one gets better by not playing.

I'm not really that disappointed he isn't playing. It is what it is. I'm sure he'll get his minutes eventually. Maybe he isn't good enough to crack the rotation--it happens. One of the advantages of being drafted high is that guys can go to crappy teams where they get tons of playing time. For a normal Charlotte team, that would be the case. Obviously this time around, it isn't working out for Bouk that way.

I'm not sure why you're arguing here. It's weird.

Reaction Score
Nothing you're saying is addressing the fact that you think NOT PLAYING is better than PLAYING because of the "culture." Charlotte has a historically awful culture in the NBA. And that doesn't even address how ridiculous of a claim that is. No one gets better by not playing.

I'm not really that disappointed he isn't playing. It is what it is. I'm sure he'll get his minutes eventually. Maybe he isn't good enough to crack the rotation--it happens. One of the advantages of being drafted high is that guys can go to crappy teams where they get tons of playing time. For a normal Charlotte team, that would be the case. Obviously this time around, it isn't working out for Bouk that way.

My point was I rather have him winning games in a franchise that has always had a lousy record of doing it than have him playing and losing. The way you took it is up to you. Enjoy Charlotte basketball bc they are fun to watch even if Bouk isn’t playing right now.

Reaction Score

There's plenty of people on the football board who thought the UConn football team would get better by not playing an entire season.

Reaction Score
My point was I rather have him winning games in a franchise that has always had a lousy record of doing it than have him playing and losing. The way you took it is up to you. Enjoy Charlotte basketball bc they are fun to watch even if Bouk isn’t playing right now.

I understood your point completely. And what you're saying is you'd rather him not play on a winning team than get minutes on a losing team. That is ridiculous. You do realize that winning games doesn't mean he'll make money, have a legacy, etc. either right? You need to play to make a career in the league.

Reaction Score
There's plenty of people on the football board who thought the UConn football team would get better by not playing an entire season.

I think we all know whoever has stuck around with UConn football at this point isn't quite right in the head. Maybe a few too many whacks on the head in their HS glory days at defensive end.

Reaction Score
I understood your point completely. And what you're saying is you'd rather him not play on a winning team than get minutes on a losing team. That is ridiculous. You do realize that winning games doesn't mean he'll make money, have a legacy, etc. either right? You need to play to make a career in the league.
Do you realize him and Kobe are averaging about the same amount of playing time for their first 3 games? I don’t know what’s your obsession for him to have x amount of minutes. He has plenty of games left in his rookie contract. Porter Jr didn’t play his first year and just signed for $200m. Borrego is doing a great job w his rotation although you might be butt hurt that Bouks legacy is not going 100% now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom