James Bouknight OV today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight OV today

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
willet-creek-dam.gif

Reaction Score
Coach Calhoun used that narrative effectively for many years.

And he was a master at shifting the narrative about the location of Storrs. He would sell recruits on the ability to get away from distractions to help improve their game to get to the league, but also we had marquee games in big cities, so still maximum exposure.

pj

Reaction Score
And he was a master at shifting the narrative about the location of Storrs. He would sell recruits on the ability to get away from distractions to help improve their game to get to the league, but also we had marquee games in big cities, so still maximum exposure.

That's just salesmanship. When I was visiting the University of Illinois and commented on the lack of things to do, they told me that was an advantage for faculty recruitment. It was a great place to get work done. Whereas their competitors on the faculty of the University of Chicago had a lot of distractions.

Reaction Score
That's just salesmanship. When I was visiting the University of Illinois and commented on the lack of things to do, they told me that was an advantage for faculty recruitment. It was a great place to get work done. Whereas their competitors on the faculty of the University of Chicago had a lot of distractions.

I would not make fun of this logic. On a campus interview at U. Miami, I saw bikini and surfboard shorts wearing students sitting at a tiki hut drinking pitchers of beer, right next to a liberal arts building, at 12 in the afternoon on a weekday, with a giant swimming pool a short walk away, so I blurted out without thinking, "How do you people get any work done around here?" I thought for a second that I had just sunk myself, but they were certainly laughing.

Reaction Score
Hopefully. We are going to need good news after we lose to URI at the rent.

I hope y’all that are going at least have some clever chants/trash talk developed for the URI fans re: taking Hurley

Reaction Score
The Hartford Hilton/Marriot is a lot nicer than Nathan Hale. Maybe they plan on showing him around the XL and grabbing lunch at Capital Grille or something before heading to campus.
From the NCAA recruiting rules:

"A prospect on an official visit shall live and take meals as regular students normally do. Local commercial facilities may be used but at a scale comparable to that of normal student life and only within a 30-mile radius of the institutions campus. [ B 13.7.4]"

So I think Capital Grille is out. Now as for Ted's and Electric Blue...….

Hartford is within 30 miles. Is it possible that staying and dining in Hartford is to eliminate the notion that you are stuck out in the middle of nowhere on campus?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I hope y’all that are going at least have some clever chants/trash talk developed for the URI fans re: taking Hurley
"WE GOT HURLEY!!!" [clap, clap, clap, clap] "WE GOT HURLEY!!!"

Reaction Score
It's close to the airport.

I'm not positive, but staying at Hale might start the 48-hour clock.
I know for the women, the parents (used to) stay at the Hale overnight on the visit, but don't the night before. This is probably right

Reaction Score
There's an article up on the front page of 247Sports with the title, "UConn in control of Crystal Ball for James Bouknight". I can only read the first sentence but for anyone that has a subscription, is there anything of substance in there?

Heading into his official visit to Connecticut this weekend, 2019 four-star James Bouknight has the Huskies at 100 percent in his Crystal...

College Basketball Recruiting News

Reaction Score
There's an article up on the front page of 247Sports with the title, "UConn in control of Crystal Ball for James Bouknight". I can only read the first sentence but for anyone that has a subscription, is there anything of substance in there?

Heading into his official visit to Connecticut this weekend, 2019 four-star James Bouknight has the Huskies at 100 percent in his Crystal...

College Basketball Recruiting News
That's pretty much it - not missing anything.

pj

Reaction Score
I would not make fun of this logic. On a campus interview at U. Miami, I saw bikini and surfboard shorts wearing students sitting at a tiki hut drinking pitchers of beer, right next to a liberal arts building, at 12 in the afternoon on a weekday, with a giant swimming pool a short walk away, so I blurted out without thinking, "How do you people get any work done around here?" I thought for a second that I had just sunk myself, but they were certainly laughing.

I was not making fun. I got more work done in a year as a visiting scholar at the Univ of Illinois than any other year. I enjoyed the place, but you have to like work.

Reaction Score
It's close to the airport.

I'm not positive, but staying at Hale might start the 48-hour clock.
Here is the rule.

A. Length of Official Visit
The official visit shall not exceed 48 hours, measured from the time the prospect first reaches campus or is entertained in any manner by the institution whichever comes first, to the time of the prospect’s departure from campus. [B 13.7.2.1]
If the prospect remains in the locale in which the institution is located beyond the 48-hour period for reasons unrelated to the visit, the institution may not pay his/her expenses to return home. [B 13.7.2.1]

Reaction Score
Visited a friend in March of freakin' 1981 at The U for spring break. Just so happened it was open cheerleader tryout so the girls were lined up to cheer on the following fall's football team. There must have been 2000 people watching. Mostly guys (duh). Memory burned in brain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom