James Bouknight NBA scouting report | The Boneyard

James Bouknight NBA scouting report

Reaction Score
Dear Huskies fans,

Outsider that comes in peace here. First off just want to say I respect the hell out of what Dan Hurley is building there and I look forward to what should be a fun and competitive team next season.

I just finished a 2,000 word in-depth NBA Scouting Report on James Bouknight, hope you guys enjoy. Feel free to share it with other UConn fans if you like it! Happy to answer and feedback (good or bad) in the comments below. Thanks!

James Bouknight NBA Scouting Report

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I think you’re generous on Bouk’s defense. But another year from injury and another year with Hurley should improve some of that.

Hoping that last few games were Bouk getting used to new 3 line compared to hs.

Reaction Score
Dear Huskies fans,

Outsider that comes in peace here. First off just want to say I respect the hell out of what Dan Hurley is building there and I look forward to what should be a fun and competitive team next season.

I just finished a 2,000 word in-depth NBA Scouting Report on James Bouknight, hope you guys enjoy. Feel free to share it with other UConn fans if you like it! Happy to answer and feedback (good or bad) in the comments below. Thanks!

James Bouknight NBA Scouting Report

Really great analysis. Thanks. The synergy info is particularly useful. Seeing how our best player the 2nd half of the year still barely played in the iso shows how far we've come since the Kevin Ollie days.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all the nice words, might have to adopt UConn as my east coast team haha. Thanks for reading!
Are you an ASU fan? Since my in-laws moved to Arizona two years ago, I've gotten into GCU basketball too.

Reaction Score
Are you an ASU fan? Since my in-laws moved to Arizona two years ago, I've gotten into GCU basketball too.
You present a well written report. Maybe you could someday, if not already, be an agent for a prospective pro player. You know how to analyze the facts and coherently support them with video evidence.

Reaction Score
Appreciate all the nice words, might have to adopt UConn as my east coast team haha. Thanks for reading!
Come to a game at Gampel. Hopefully we put on a good show for you and you see what we're passionate about. :cool: (Thanks for your words in adavance, I've not read the piece yet but from what I see, well done!)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great write-up. The only area I'll disagree with (and I'm obviously biased) is that I think James has a great chance to be better than a rotational player in the NBA, and if he blows up this year like we expect I think he's a definite lottery pick.

Reaction Score
I grew up a University of Arizona fan, but lived in the Phoenix/Tempe area for some time so I've seen both sides of things. Have stepped away from repping teams to focus on analyzing the game in a non-biased way, so I'm at the point where I'll root for all AZ teams which is sacrilegious in these parts, haha. I enjoy following the Pac12 closely in particular, but also do a lot of scouting across the country. GCU has an incredible environment btw, if you haven't already you should definitely experience a game there sometime. That student section is something else.

Reaction Score
You present a well written report. Maybe you could someday, if not already, be an agent for a prospective pro player. You know how to analyze the facts and coherently support them with video evidence.

Thank you! Appreciate the kind words. That's the plan. Have done some scouting part-time and worked w/agents and what not, but turning into a full-time thing would be ideal. Tough industry to break into.

Reaction Score
Great write-up. The only area I'll disagree with (and I'm obviously biased) is that I think James has a great chance to be better than a rotational player in the NBA, and if he blows up this year like we expect I think he's a definite lottery pick.
Yeah it's definitely possible and I'm not ruling it out if he hits a favorable outcome. I included "core" next to rotational player, which essentially means he has a chance to be a potential building block for a team. Has the tools to make it happen, so I'm looking forward to his development to see if he reaches that peak.

Reaction Score
Last thing I'll shamelessly plug, I promise. Here's the link to the tweet with the article. Not sure how many of you are on twitter, but if you could like or share it on there that would mean a lot. Would love to get as many UConn fans' eyes on this thing as possible, so far you guys have been incredible and I really appreciate all the positive feedback. Was not expecting this, haha.

James Bouknight Scouting Report- tweet

Reaction Score
Great write up.

Nicely worded under the Strong Finish header regarding his confidence>swagger= no stopping him.
Also a perfect choice for the headline picture. Husky fans will recognize that as the and one dunk against Memphis that almost brought the roof down in Hartford.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Spot on scouting report. I see him as a Jamal Crawford type in the NBA. Streaky scoring piece with above average athleticism and feel, needs to be motivated to play D.

Reaction Score
Spot on scouting report. I see him as a Jamal Crawford type in the NBA. Streaky scoring piece with above average athleticism and feel, needs to be motivated to play D.
I also like the other Jamal comparison, Jamal Murray.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom