James Bouknight NBA scouting report | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight NBA scouting report

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Great analysis and linking video clips to add visuals is fantastic. If there is a season, I think his stock goes from the 20's to potential lottery pick.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's definitely possible and I'm not ruling it out if he hits a favorable outcome. I included "core" next to rotational player, which essentially means he has a chance to be a potential building block for a team. Has the tools to make it happen, so I'm looking forward to his development to see if he reaches that peak.

agree..also it’s important to remember that a player in the rotation on an nba team is one of the best 250 players in the entire world.

Reaction Score
No, he's not and Murray is significantly stronger but they both have those complete offensive games.

so comparisons to dinwiddie and jamal murray who are pretty much nba all stars not just rotation guys. ok

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
What NBA scout is concerned with perimeter defense? Boykin is a star. But should wait until after Jr. season if they’re still sleeping.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nicely done. OP alludes to it, but I think his mental game is off the charts. So often he made moves and created scoring chances that were not recognized by his teammates, who didn't see what he saw. He was frustrated with that at times. He sees several moves ahead, knows how the defense will react and how to exploit it.

Ultimately, what that means for Bouk is that he is going to be much better when surrounded by better players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nicely done. OP alludes to it, but I think his mental game is off the charts. So often he made moves and created scoring chances that were not recognized by his teammates, who didn't see what he saw. He was frustrated with that at times. He sees several moves ahead, knows how the defense will react and how to exploit it.

Ultimately, what that means for Bouk is that he is going to be much better when surrounded by better players.

Appreciate it. And that last sentence is pretty spot on. Hopefully he lands in a good situation in the NBA on a team that has at least one capable playmaker to pair with him on the perimeter. That or an offensive system that will reward him for those cuts and backdoors.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Dear Huskies fans,

Outsider that comes in peace here. First off just want to say I respect the hell out of what Dan Hurley is building there and I look forward to what should be a fun and competitive team next season.

I just finished a 2,000 word in-depth NBA Scouting Report on James Bouknight, hope you guys enjoy. Feel free to share it with other UConn fans if you like it! Happy to answer and feedback (good or bad) in the comments below. Thanks!

James Bouknight NBA Scouting Report
We accept your peace offering but your gonna have to go through a three week vetting process before being allowed around these parts again. Thank you for your interest in UCONN basketball.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Cole and Gaff will have a field day with our wing options this year.

Reaction Score
Not sure how many of you are die-hard CBB fans as well, but I just did another breakdown on Bones Hyland from VCU if you guys have any interest in it.

Posted this is on a VCU forum and let me tell ya, UConn fans >>> VCU fans reception-wise, lol. Don't tell them I said this. ;)

Bones Hyland Scouting Report

I'll probably eventually get to Akok Akok, but want to get another update on his health before diving too deep. Let me know if you want me to keep this thread updated with top returners scouting reports. If not, no worries. Just figure since ya'll are a high-IQ fan base you'd enjoy other prospect breakdowns possibly. Let me know if I'm out of place here. Thanks again.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not sure how many of you are die-hard CBB fans as well, but I just did another breakdown on Bones Hyland from VCU if you guys have any interest in it.

Posted this is on a VCU forum and let me tell ya, UConn fans >>> VCU fans reception-wise, lol. Don't tell them I said this. ;)

I'll probably eventually get to Akok Akok, but want to get another update on his health before diving too deep. Let me know if you want me to keep this thread updated with top returners scouting reports. If not, no worries. Just figure since ya'll are a high-IQ fan base you'd enjoy other prospect breakdowns possibly. Let me know if I'm out of place here. Thanks again.
Keep an eye on the 2 top 60 freshman we brought in this year Jackson and Sanogo. They both have NBA bodies and upside.

Reaction Score

We recruited Bones pretty heavily and a lot of us wanted him (but team took Cole as a transfer instead), so I'm sure a lot of us are actually interested in this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom