James Bouknight aka Effortless James | Page 2 | The Boneyard

James Bouknight aka Effortless James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Isn't verbal commits known for underrating kids/not updating their ratings? He's top 100 on all the other sites. 24/7 has him with almost a .97 composite
I don't know about their reputation but I have noticed that their ratings tend to me much more "conservative" than some of the others. I like them for the offer list. It seems to be more accurate than their ratings. I'm not sure how information gets reported to them for them to update. Anyway, though I am the first to admit that ratings for the top 50 with most of the services tend to be a decent indicator I think people put too much weight on stars and ratings when it comes to lower four star, three star and two star kids. If you look at their offer lists and see how what programs are involved it can give you a much better indication I think of the ability of the player.

Reaction Score
Akok, Delaire, Nickelberry, Cockburn, Mitchell, Martin are all 2* on VC. I think you are right. I was under the assumption that they are not watching and ranking kids, just collecting data.

Isn't verbal commits known for underrating kids/not updating their ratings? He's top 100 on all the other sites. 24/7 has him with almost a .97 composite

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Kid elevated like Ryan. Anyone know his vertical.

Any stats on this kid. Love the kids hustle on d.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
What I like most about him is that he has the footwork, foot speed and coordination of a 6 foot guard but he's 6'5. That's hard to find, even most top 6'5 high school guards have kind of slower feet and look kind of goofy while growing into their body.

Reaction Score
I don't know about their reputation but I have noticed that their ratings tend to me much more "conservative" than some of the others. I like them for the offer list. It seems to be more accurate than their ratings. I'm not sure how information gets reported to them for them to update. Anyway, though I am the first to admit that ratings for the top 50 with most of the services tend to be a decent indicator I think people put too much weight on stars and ratings when it comes to lower four star, three star and two star kids. If you look at their offer lists and see how what programs are involved it can give you a much better indication I think of the ability of the player.
There are so many kids who play high school ball. I agree that when you get around low 4 star, 3 star and 2 star, how can they possibly rate them correctly. A lot of it is politics and what AAU team or coach they play for. A list of what offers they have is much more of an indicator to how good they are.

Reaction Score
There are so many kids who play high school ball. I agree that when you get around low 4 star, 3 star and 2 star, how can they possibly rate them correctly. A lot of it is politics and what AAU team or coach they play for. A list of what offers they have is much more of an indicator to how good they are.

Past the top 75 or so kids, I agree. At that point, it becomes more about skill set because these are the athletes with less-than-elite athleticism or skills. A good coach is looking for a certain type to fit the system.

Obviously, a 2* is sometimes just a 2*. They suck. But from 100-200, those 3* guys can help a program a lot, but only if you find the right kind of kid who works hard, buys in, and fits the system.

I what what Hurley's "type" is going to be? I didn't watch enough of him at URI to know.

Reaction Score
His "type" as far as I can tell is long athletic guards that can shoot and run in transition. First thing I thought of when watching the videos on this guy are that he fits the mode perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom