James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | Page 14 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

Reaction Score
Good lord, you're quoting Randy Edsall.

Too funny. Watchdog quoting Edsall as a support for his/her point is like a mariner quoting Joe Hazelwood as a support for their seafaring prowess.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I agree, KO’s biggest issue was developing talent and running a program.
Some of the prospects he went after were questionable as well; Jessica Turberry for example.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
They are ripping Akinjo apart over on the Georgetown forum.

If he's not involved in any misconduct, how can you do anything but feel for the kid? Sees a team implode around him, sees his friends get tangled in criminality, stays out of it, and allegedly deals with an abusive coach talking about his dead mother, and you're upset he's leaving?

Jesuits, man.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
None of them have been great, it's basically a mix of some solid players and some busts. Akinjo is the best of the bunch and he's a fairly low percentage gunner. Enoch, Durham, Emmitt Matthews all decent rotation players. Vance regressing into a bust, Prince Ali kind of a bust. Turtle Jackson, MAL, Kisunas total busts. Zach Brown, don't even ask.

Kisunas has been alright this year when he’s gotten run (granted against inferior competition). I think he will be a solid piece for Stanford in 20 and 21.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would be supported by the tweet from his au

Kisunas has been alright this year when he’s gotten run (granted against inferior competition). I think he will be a solid piece for Stanford in 20 and 21.
Prince Ali is a definite bust

Reaction Score
Yeah PG is a big concern for me next year. Gaffney hasn't shown it (yet), and Cole may or may not pan out. Might the difference between being a good, and a great team.

The good news is that DH has the luxury of waiting until spring before making a decision on whether there is a need to a bring in a PG. He has 3 more months of practice and games to gauge the growth of Gaffney and Cole for that position. Of course this is assuming AG graduates and moves on. If he stays, PG is a moot point.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
None of them have been great, it's basically a mix of some solid players and some busts. Akinjo is the best of the bunch and he's a fairly low percentage gunner. Enoch, Durham, Emmitt Matthews all decent rotation players. Vance regressing into a bust, Prince Ali kind of a bust. Turtle Jackson, MAL, Kisunas total busts. Zach Brown, don't even ask.

I thought it was a terrible embarrassment that these guys decomitted?

Reaction Score
They are ripping Akinjo apart over on the Georgetown forum.

If he's not involved in any misconduct, how can you do anything but feel for the kid?

Depends on the veracity and severity of the rumored Ewing misconduct. Could be rumored misconduct just like it was rumored that Akinjo was "on a list" floated around campus. Could also be an ex post facto justification from a minor incident.

In that case, I'd be pretty pissed that he's bailing on the team mid-season because they booted his friend off the team for very legitimate reasons. He's entitled to do it, but doesn't mean fans can't think less of him for doing so.

Again, the above is based on a scenario in which his leaving was not especially provoked.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
People thought us firing Ollie was hard. Picture being GT and having to fire PATRICK EWING.....
GU: "Yeah, Patrick. We have to move in another direction.

Patrick: "I must defer to my friend."

Friend:
1575418062808.png

Reaction Score
I thought it was a terrible embarrassment that these guys decomitted?
Of course it was. We couldn't even field a basketball team, Ollie was recruiting off of youtube and insta.

We had three probable starters leave and our top recruit switched schools, this is after the previous seasons where he lost our top recruit because he stopped calling him and losing his top tecruit the next year to cross dressing and petty crime.

C

Chief00

Of course it was. We couldn't even field a basketball team, Ollie was recruiting off of youtube and insta.

We had three probable starters leave and our top recruit switched schools, this is after the previous seasons where he lost our top recruit because he stopped calling him and losing his top tecruit the next year to cross dressing and petty crime.
Steve Enoch is now the starting center on the nation’s #1 team. He’s averaging 10 Points / 8 Rebounds per game. A big body too. He was a huge loss.

Reaction Score
Steve Enoch is now the starting center on the nation’s #1 team. He’s averaging 10 Points / 8 Rebounds per game. A big body too. He was a huge loss.
Way more annoyed about Kofi but I like our squad. In retrospect it was good everyone left Ollie, it led to us getting rid of him.

Reaction Score

They gave him 19 minutes a game in the year he would have been a senior at UConn. If we could have redshirted him ourselves and kept him, I would have signed up for that.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

You can’t have it both ways. Either it’s embarrassing that the staff let someone get away, or they’re a disappointing bust who wasn’t good enough to come here.

Reaction Score
Steve would not help us this year. He would have graduated

Reaction Score
You can’t have it both ways. Either it’s embarrassing that the staff let someone get away, or they’re a disappointing bust who wasn’t good enough to come here.
What are you talking about? Those are the players he brought in and they all left him, he scrambled around bringing in worse players barely being able to fill out a roster.

mrl2016

better late than never
Reaction Score
The craziest thing I read was those players not showing up to hearings. I can’t believe they would be advised to no-show and if they were trying to hide it, it’s still very hard to believe Ewing, the AD and the whole school didn’t know about this.

From what I read on the Georgetown board- people are not always informed they are being summoned in a TRO case. I don’t know how true that is so I will defer to counsel on that @businesslawyer

Supposedly- since there is limited harm to the accused but the massive benefit to the accusers these TRO’s are routinely granted. Because of the routine nature- Georgetown didnt act on these until there internal investigation was complete or the courts made a non temporary determination.

The prevailing narrative on the Hoya board is one of the players broke the temporary restraining order which is why he was removed but others named in TRO were not- and akinjo was unrelated.

Again, this is all speculation- but it seemed like it could be plausible

Reaction Score
LMAO. Georgetown hasn't said a single bad word about Akinjo. The people who have defamed him are message board posters here who think it's fair to speculate anonymously where they have no basis to do so.
Yeah the first couple pages of this thread are rough

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom