James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown | Page 10 | The Boneyard

James Akinjo Leaving Georgetown

Reaction Score
Wow, not a good look for Ewing if this turns out to be the case.
2200D338-3B56-4F29-B1C1-B7CFE157D85F.jpeg

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Because that has become the life cycle of all threads on the BY...
Original topic -> Ollie -> Vance -> Vance's dad.

Vance replaced Dyson

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
There has to be some sort of larger issue going on under Ewing at GT. Remember 2 years ago Chris Sodom was also dismissed from the team for off the court conduct.

Reaction Score
What in the world?

Is College Hoops Alert a reputable source?
They're definitely a good follow on instagram, have close to 60k followers. They've never been ones to break news though so this is somewhat new.

Reaction Score
Significantly better than Cole? Really? He must be pretty good - and I don't deny it. But - significantly? Cole is tremendous talent - from what I seen. But again, I'm just a fan - no basketball scout. Significantly - huh?
This is the Boneyard where hyperbole rules.
AZ ‘s law of interpretation of hyperbolic posts : Take the adjective or adverb and divide by a factor of 2-10 to arrive at the posters true intentions.
substantial/3= a little better

Reaction Score
I remember when jeffg transferred from the Boneyard for a similar reason.

jeffg wow a blast from the past, good one!!! Wonder how he's doing, good dude?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Profanity Friday set the bar reeeally low.

#RIPBucky

Let's all hope those posts are not cached somewhere.

Reaction Score
Even though we can’t get him, if Ollie wanted him...I don’t really want him. His eye for talent and developing said talent left ummmm a little to be desired.

Akinjos shooting 33% on 2FGA and 24% on 3FGA...sounds awfully similar to someone this board couldn’t stand until the Maine game.

His shooting percentages weren't great last year except for FT's, and his FG and 3 Point shooting numbers are off this year, but the kid sure had swagger from day one. I know it's a different sport, but if RE was asked he'd likely say Akinjo has "it".

And what do we do if Wahab enters the portal? His early stats look good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Still so weird it was in the beginning of the season and not after the year is over

Why he wants to play as soon as possible with a new school. Makes total sense he wouldn't burn a half year of eligibility on a dumpster fire

Reaction Score
His shooting percentages weren't great last year except for FT's, and his FG and 3 Point shooting numbers are off this year, but the kid sure had swagger from day one. I know it's a different sport, but if RE was asked he'd likely say Akinjo has "it".

And what do we do if Wahab enters the portal? His early stats look good.
We also don’t go after him because of the Big East rules that we agreed to abide by when we signed to join the Big East. Please refer to page 3-10 for this being referenced a mind numbing amount of times.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The kids good so put away that eye for talent part. And the kid Matthews that was heading here too from the top 200 area is getting 10 and 5 under Huggins. Vital is pretty good. Carlton is pretty good. Polley is pretty good as is Gilbert. So let's leave that alone because you're wrong. Having said that, development you're not wrong on and actually getting recruits who were rated higher, not enough of them.

Reality mau, is that you don't really want any of those guys starting on a good UConn team. They are all role players. We need Bouknight level players. Now that's evaluating talent.

And pre injury, everybody knew Gilbert was really good. He was an AA for god sake.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Not only Big East rules, but we don't have a scholarship to give. Not sure why people don't realize that.

You find a way. He could still pay for half a semester and make it work.

And yes, I realize this is all moot in Akinjo's case.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom