Jamal Mashburn Jr. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jamal Mashburn Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I hate these former player's kid prospects for a number of reasons. The parent is typically overly involved, the parent is often well connected and the kid may not have had to work as hard to make teams may get more minutes, they can be overrated based on the name, the parent sometimes become the center of attention on the team.

Reaction Score
Guess it means we're old. Figured he was still a household name though.

Shows how young some of these BYers are as he didn't play all that long ago. Yeah we're old too.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I love that you formatted this like an e e cummings poem.

Thanks. You just forced me to devote about
50 seconds to E E Cummings. That’s the beauty of The Bone Yard.

Reaction Score
I hate these former player's kid prospects for a number of reasons. The parent is typically overly involved, the parent is often well connected and the kid may not have had to work as hard to make teams may get more minutes, they can be overrated based on the name, the parent sometimes become the center of attention on the team.
Mashburn, Pippen, and Martin Jr. have all been really good playing with kids who are older than them this year. They're all the real deal. Mashburn in particular has averaged almost 20 PPG on the UAA circuit.

Chely's Home

Bring back the whalers
Reaction Score
His 3 best offers were DePaul, Nevada, and Texas Tech. He averaged 4.9 PPG as a freshman at Ball State.

No, we shouldn't have.

texas tech and nevada both were pretty decent last year. wouldve destroyed us. Think he'll be ok. At least ollies gone

Reaction Score

Means Coach Hurley (and Coach Moore) will have a few trips to Lake Winnipesaukee to schedule. Tough break for them.

I saw Mashburn Sr play AAU at Central CT which used to host the tournament which is now I believe the tourney held at Albertus Magnus (?) in New Haven. I may even have the program still. My recollection is that he played for the Gauchos or Panthers back then. Since I catch a few Brewster games I'll be interested to see the new version at the same age. Based on being a guard vs prototype power forward, obviously not much is likely to be the same.

Pass the word that any of the staff can stay at the house when their up. Only charge is the inside scoop that I will of course pass on to my boneyard companions as 'Confirmed' info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom