Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks | The Boneyard

Jalen Out 4-6 Weeks

Reaction Score
Yeah just saw that here(see link). So effectively his UCONN career is over like the poster said last night. Too bad as he is one of my favorite UCONN players sticking with the team at one of the lowest points in school history. He deserved better and will be missed. He could play in the AAC tournament but I don't really see the point of risking injury just before camps.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The AAC tournament is 5 weeks away. There's a chance he plays.

I'm disappointed Jalen is done for the season, but I'm happy the injury isn't worse. Dude deserves a chance to play in the NBA summer league this summer. He has a long pro career ahead of him.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
So he'll be fresh for the AAC tourney, which is really our only chance of making something of this season anyway. I suppose that's as good news as we can get, right?
Well, not really. Let's say he's back in 5 weeks. That puts us right at the start of the tournament, optimistically. And he certainly won't be fresh after recovering from an MCL strain and not playing for more than a month.

Reaction Score
That’s it. Feel so bad for Jalen as much as he drove me crazy. Welp I guess he comes back for aac tourney and leads us to promiseland as our young squad grows leaps and bounds over the next month from increased playing time!!! Lol

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Medial Collateral Ligament Injury of the Knee (MCL Tear)

"
  • A grade 2 MCL injury means that your ligament has been partially torn. This usually causes some instability in your knee joint.
"

At least it wasn't the worst one for him, but not likely we'll see him in UConn uniform in March ... unless he recovers on the quicker estimate.

Reaction Score
So he'll be fresh for the AAC tourney, which is really our only chance of making something of this season anyway. I suppose that's as good news as we can get, right?
He's done, we didn't really have any chance of making something of this season before his injury but still not the way you want your college basketball career to end.

Reaction Score
Yeah just saw that here. So effectively his UCONN career is over like the poster said last night. Too bad as he is one of my favorite UCONN players sticking with the team at one of the lowest points in school history. He deserved better and will be missed. He could play in the AAC tournament but I don't really see the point of risking injury just before camps.

How about this?

Let's remember that his probable last play with UConn was a hustle play diving for a loose ball.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Would be best to shut Gilbert down also. Why risk him with this disaster. Anyway, I think Gilberts shoulder is more injured, than just sore. These are tough kids.

Not sure I agree with that. If Gilbert can go then at least he can start prepping for next year in the next few weeks . It will always be a risk to play any game, so can't look at it that way. Everyone else needs to start stepping up.

Reaction Score
Love this guy. May not have had the best attitude or work ethic his whole career but he loves this university and stuck with us during a disastrous stretch. His buzzer beater against Cincy is one of my all-time favorite UConn basketball moments.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Not sure I agree with that. If Gilbert can go then at least he can start prepping for next year in the next few weeks . It will always be a risk to play any game, so can't look at it that way. Everyone else needs to start stepping up.
This read like a response to one of the very few remaining Ignoreds, so I checked. Not surprised that I like your take better.

Reaction Score
Would be best to shut Gilbert down also. Why risk him with this disaster. Anyway, I think Gilberts shoulder is more injured, than just sore. These are tough kids.
This would make absolutely NO sense. The kids already missed damn near 2 1/2 years. He needs all the reps he can get

Reaction Score
Well, not really. Let's say he's back in 5 weeks. That puts us right at the start of the tournament, optimistically. And he certainly won't be fresh after recovering from an MCL strain and not playing for more than a month.
Exactly. He will be way out of shape and will only be able to play at full speed in very short bursts. To put him out there for 30+ minutes would be foolish. He would be risking injury and he would be taking a lot of plays off. What's the point? Give the guys that will be here next year more PT to develop their game.

Reaction Score
Deff don’t shut Gilbert down for year. If u have to, Then what’s the point? Same thing can happen at any moment again next year coming across a screen. Plus Gilbert needs to get more games under his belt otherwise pretty much back at square one starting for next year. Was not a good sign though he didn’t start the temple game I thought for sure He d be back by then

Reaction Score

From what I've picked up from some of the Gilbert news seems a lot of it is mental with him. Gotta get him back out on the court (granted he's cleared by medical staff).

Reaction Score
UConn career ended without really accomplishing anything. I really doubt he was expecting this when he committed. sad.
We won the AAC Tounrnament and also got in the tourney his Freshman year. I wouldn't say that is accomplishing nothing even if you don't like the American conference. Jalen will always be remembered by that almost full court heave to get us into OT against Cincy. Will be sorely missed.

Friendship

Filled With My Husky Friends
Reaction Score
We won the AAC Tounrnament and also got in the tourney his Freshman year. I wouldn't say that is accomplishing nothing even if you don't like the American conference. Jalen will always be remembered by that almost full court heave to get us into OT against Cincy. Will be sorely missed.
Crazy having a full court shot define your career.. But to expand on previous message. To UConn standards, a lot of nothing.

Although in today's world, a first weekend exit in the tourney is good for us. Unfortunately.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom