Jalen Lecque being visited by Duke today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Lecque being visited by Duke today

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
once the NCAA pays the kids, then the recruiting becomes an even playing field for all schools involved who have had past basketball success.

Nah, it'll just make it easier to funnel extra money to the best kids. Provides cover so to speak.

"You can get 10k like every other kid or....you can get 100k to go to Duke. What'll it be kid?"

Reaction Score
Hasn't Duke lost all its freshmen to the draft? If so, they too could be trying to get him to reclass to 2018. Same with Cal the snake oil salesman.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I’m guessing it wasn’t coach K?

Reaction Score
Hasn't Duke lost all its freshmen to the draft? If so, they too could be trying to get him to reclass to 2018. Same with Cal the snake oil salesman.
They did lose their whole starting lineup to the NBA, but already have 4 of the top 10 recruits committed

Reaction Score
once the NCAA pays the kids, then the recruiting becomes an even playing field for all schools involved who have had past basketball success.
Not sure about this. They can pay the players, but how does this stop someone from slipping $50,000 to mom so she gets junior to sign with a certain school?

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Not sure about this. They can pay the players, but how does this stop someone from slipping $50,000 to mom so she gets junior to sign with a certain school?

You realize this is the same argument people made in favor of prohibition.... it’s not a good one.

pj

Reaction Score
Not sure I understand your analogy.

His analogy is: If Prohibition had been replaced by a law that people could have one drink per day only, never two, then (he claims) no one would have been tempted to have a second drink. And those who say they might have been so tempted, were arguing for not letting them have that first drink. And that's a bad argument, therefore it's impossible that anyone would ever be tempted to have a second drink.

All clear now?

Reaction Score
I mean honestly though, ever since Hurley got the UConn job there hasnt been anything in the national news connecting UConn with Lecque.

It's not national news coming from the Boneyard? Dammit, Sports Illustrated thought so.

Reaction Score
I mean honestly though, ever since Hurley got the UConn job there hasnt been anything in the national news connecting UConn with Lecque.
Most of the major UConn news the last couple of yrs have started from rumors on the boneyard well before any national reporter even mentions it. Remember the boneyard had sterling Gibbs coming before he even announced he was transferring

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Most of the major UConn news the last couple of yrs have started from rumors on the boneyard well before any national reporter even mentions it. Remember the boneyard had sterling Gibbs coming before he even announced he was transferring

Remember when the Yard knew we were going to the ACC before anyone else too?

Oh, wait...

Reaction Score
Remember when the Yard knew we were going to the ACC before anyone else too?

Oh, wait...
The yard has been right far more than they’ve been wrong recently. I trust our insiders

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The boneyard knew Sterling Gibbs was coming to UConn before Sterling Gibbs knew.

Reaction Score
Yep I agree there are people on here that know what theyre talking about. My point was that an article from some other site probably is more likely to reference something from a national recruiting source than they are the boneyard.

Reaction Score
His analogy is: If Prohibition had been replaced by a law that people could have one drink per day only, never two, then (he claims) no one would have been tempted to have a second drink. And those who say they might have been so tempted, were arguing for not letting them have that first drink. And that's a bad argument, therefore it's impossible that anyone would ever be tempted to have a second drink.

All clear now?
No not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member