Jalen Gaffney to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney to UConn

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hmmm, we need a poll:

How many signed recruits will it take to silence the Chaters?
Let Chaters vote as many times as they like. It'll be more fun that way.

Reaction Score
Corey Evans of Rivals posted this on TOS.

Very, very good start for the Huskies this fall. Look for them to place a greater priority on their frontcourt in the months ahead, that being Achiuwa, Akok, Wahab and Cockburn.

Best part about the two guard commitments is that each can play on and off of the ball and, more specifically, each can really shoot the basketball.

The last part is music to my ears.
Bigger boat and bazz

Reaction Score
We'd need to hit on all five for this to be true. I take your general point, but let's not overstate the class yet. Frankly, it almost certainly needs Achiuwa on it for it to be even close.

We had a class of Drummond-Daniels-Boat in Calhoun's last year. 247 has Drummond ranked oddly low (I remember him being consensus Top 5), but if my memory is right, they had two players (Daniels and Drummond) who are ranked higher than anyone we're after except Achiuwa (who would be equivalent to Drummond), in addition to Boatright, who is ranked higher than either of our guards.

I think this class has potentially to be very good. But UConn has had very good recruiting classes before.
Drummond dropped after reclassifying. Should have been second behind Davis.

Reaction Score
247 has Drummond's page screwed up. Drummond was the #1 recruit in 2011 by a couple of services and #2 behind Davis in the other services.

Historically when kids committed to UConn sites would drop their rankings

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Banana2.gif~c200

Reaction Score
I'm not calling you a liar.

I'm just saying that your posting record is terrible and I could easily imitate it. Given that I never pretended I was with Andre Drummond when he was demonstrably elsewhere, I could do better.

Watch: my sources are suggesting that we may get one of these three recruits this weekend. Or maybe a mystery one that is none of them. I won't tell you which, and we may not, but watch out for beavers--they'll be fleeing the flood.

Hopefully your sources are only watching out for beavers.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm not too concerned about the ranking. Hurley and the staff targeted him as one of the kids they wanted in the fall. You have to believe they see something in him. This is not like taking leftovers and transfers in the spring. The kid has a lot of potential and hopefully the new staff can get the most out of him.

FWIW here is where he is ranked by the major recruiting services.

ESPN: 97. ESPN Basketball Recruiting - Player Rankings

247Sports: 133. 2019 Top Basketball Recruits

Rivals.com: Not ranked in the top 150. #26 ranked point guard which would put him around 160.

Also more meaningful to hear how strongly his AAU coach, Rice, states he's a great player and future star for UConn.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If precious comes, definite chance to one of the most important recruiting classes ever. Almost as important as boat and bazz deciding to stay at uconn even after post season sanctions were handed down in 2012/13. Don’t underestimate the importance of those guys sticking it out in a lame duck year and coming back to win a title in 2014. I will be forever grateful to those 2. Whereas other guys bounced(oriakhi, roscoe) , these two stayed. Much props to boat and bazz. I kno a bit off topic just thought I’d mention that. Can’t wait for this season to start.

Giffey

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Starting pg for the next title team

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members