Jalen Gaffney to FAU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney to FAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uh, Florida is a big state! And from what I've read, there's some major differences between folks in the Villages and folks in South Florida/Boca Raton, etc.
Yeah. Believe it or not, unprotected sex is safer in South Beach than in The Villages.

Florida is an interesting place. You really can’t generalize it. It ranges from horse country and cattle ranches to world class resorts to fishing villages to bright lights big city. It even has rolling hills of ancient forest, most of which northerners never see as they head to the beach or Disney. I always delight in the ignorance of people that are so simple minded about all things Florida.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Agree. Akok likely knew he should have played a lot more here, so he’s now seeking minutes elsewhere. He’s also a smart kid, and now gets a Georgetown degree.
I’m feeling like you are pretty down on Hurleys personnel decisions last season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m feeling like you are pretty down on Hurleys personnel decisions last season.
Yep. Lousy. He thought he could make a run with a very veteran team and ignored the fact that the most experienced guys were very limited players. So he left more talented guys on the bench.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Yeah. Believe it or not, unprotected sex is safer in South Beach than in The Villages.

Florida is an interesting place. You really can’t generalize it. It ranges from horse country and cattle ranches to world class resorts to fishing villages to bright lights big city. It even has rolling hills of ancient forest, most of which northerners never see as they head to the beach or Disney. I always delight in the ignorance of people that are so simple minded about all things Florida.

I concur about Florida, with the exception of "rolling hills"

Reaction Score
Agree. Akok likely knew he should have played a lot more here, so he’s now seeking minutes elsewhere. He’s also a smart kid, and now gets a Georgetown degree.
Please. Stop polluting threads with this strawman narrative.

Akok likely knew his skill set (damaged by his Achilles injury) was not good enough to play high level UConn ball. When he had opportunities this year, he underperformed (which bums me out, I love the kid). Spot 3s and weak D aren’t going to cut it for lots of PT at UConn.

Next season, talent level will be even higher…which would bury him deeper on the bench.

I’m sure he and Hurley came to the painful mutual decision that if he wanted significant PT, it would have to be elsewhere.

I wish him nothing but the best!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

1652615673263.png

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I concur about Florida, with the exception of "rolling hills"

Nah. You get up on the I-10 corridor and it gets hilly through Tallahassee and to the west. It does require a definition of "rolling" and "hills" since highest elevation is oy 300'-400' above sea level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom