Jalen Gaffney to FAU | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney to FAU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
LOL, I was in the Villages in Florida for 1/2 a week last week. I kept calling it "Del Boca Vista" and kept getting kicked in the shin under the table. Or pinched, if the shin wasn't accessible.

What a totally wild place that is. I had no idea.

Anyway, congrats to Gaff, real good kid, hope he kills it there.
Uh, Florida is a big state! And from what I've read, there's some major differences between folks in the Villages and folks in South Florida/Boca Raton, etc.

Reaction Score
Good for him. His athleticism should play really well at that level and hopefully he can get that confidence back and show consistently what he showed flashes of here. Will be fun to watch him this season.

There are also plenty of worse places to spend a winter after 3 years in Storrs.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
All the best to him. I love his motor and fearlessness. He had swagger, too. But his skills, tho.

Reaction Score
Wishing Jalen all the best at FAU and beyond. Always a classy player who represented UConn well. I'm perplexed by the choice, but it seems he wanted to be sure he'd play a lot.
It's a good level for him. Big East was just too much for him. Hope he gains confidence in his ability at the lower level and puts up big numbers. He's a really nice young man.

Reaction Score
You got your football stadium, a coupla pools, volleyball, sets up nice for a Saturday afternoon.

Capture.JPG

Reaction Score
It's a good level for him. Big East was just too much for him. Hope he gains confidence in his ability at the lower level and puts up big numbers. He's a really nice young man.
I don’t really agree with that assessment. UConn ultimately did not work out for Jalen but Chief sees talent and potential that is not far away from being displayed in games. I wish Jalen the best and Chief thinks he can do very well.

Reaction Score
Jalen’s problem was confidence. I know the disappointment of last year caused many here to forget it, but he moved into the starting lineup as a freshman and made us a lot better during our end of season run. Was fine in a lesser role as a sophomore. And then last year, after a good start, fell apart.

Good luck to the young man. Wish him nothing but the best.

Last edited:

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'great choice Gaff."

in sooooo many ways.
Conference USA now, AAC next. legit.
hoops program, and school ('As of 2021, enrollment has grown to over 30,000 students representing 180 countries, 50 states,') starting to round into form as bigtime.

im thinkin he'll finish up there with a pioneer/foundational label hung on him by their fans. kinda like 'rj luv.'

big fun for us jmoney fans. im definitely going to watch him up close and personal like, after a day on the surf down there. given the locale and the dynamic, i wonder iffn some nil cash might roll his way after/during year one.

yo, jalen! what brand of sunscreen do you endorse?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
'great choice Gaff."

in sooooo many ways.
Conference USA now, AAC next. legit.
hoops program, and school ('As of 2021, enrollment has grown to over 30,000 students representing 180 countries, 50 states,') starting to round into form as bigtime.

im thinkin he'll finish up there with a pioneer/foundational label hung on him by their fans. kinda like 'rj luv.'

big fun for us jmoney fans. im definitely going to watch him up close and personal like, after a day on the surf down there. given the locale and the dynamic, i wonder iffn some nil cash might roll his way after/during year one.

yo, jalen! what brand of sunscreen do you endorse?
maxresdefault.jpg
Clif is 100% a character. #confirmed.
Either that or he went to a writing course & learned grammar/punctuation

Reaction Score
This lesser competition thing is so exaggerated.
Basketball is the Proples game in the US
There are 30 something D1 conferences and a lot more good teams and players than we believe .As we find out in March the Top teams in 60% of these conferences can compete pretty much anywhere.
The most important thing for his development is not who but how much he plays. You don’t normally get better sitting.
I think Akok should have followed that advise . If he sits at GT he wasted a great opportunity. I believe his goal is make some money in the future . Minutes and confidence are the best plan for furthering the goal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This lesser competition thing is so exaggerated.
Basketball is the Proples game in the US
There are 30 something D1 conferences and a lot more good teams and players than we believe .As we find out in March the Top teams in 60% of these conferences can compete pretty much anywhere.
The most important thing for his development is not who but how much he plays. You don’t normally get better sitting.
I think Akok should have followed that advise . If he sits at GT he wasted a great opportunity. I believe his goal is make some money in the future . Minutes and confidence are the best plan for furthering the goal.
Agree. Akok likely knew he should have played a lot more here, so he’s now seeking minutes elsewhere. He’s also a smart kid, and now gets a Georgetown degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom