Jalen Gaffney OV 9/21 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Gaffney OV 9/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

A: Gaffney
B: Dawes.

I think that's really how this is narrowing down.

We'll learn a lot about Hurley's feelings on Dawes after this visit. If he's willing to let him walk to wait for Gaffney, I think that speaks volumes. Would show the staff has confidence in Adams and Rique's shoulder as well.

If we get a Dawes commitment (which I think he would like. He set up an official within hours of the Gaffney announcement), it shows Hurley thinks he can make an impact.

My gut tells me Hurley waits for Gaffney with a conditional Dawes offer. Though I would prefer to take any commitment after recent headaches recruiting. Dawes could be a good off the bench stabilizer. Gaffney is super skinny, but his speed and shooting fit the strategic mould the staff seems to be building.

Plus, we've had good news with rique recently, Hunter's kid is actually very talented, and there's been positive rumblings about Adams coming from work outs. It wouldn't be the WORST thing to go for a higher-rated 2020 guard if we strike out on Gaffney and Dawes has moved on. Would put us one rolled ankle from devastation though.

I agree on Adams.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let the visits begin!! We're gonna land some good players!! I'm confident that most of the players we have been paying attention to are going to take OVs. Much respect to the coaching staff for being on point.

I think we are in really good shape. From a few sources.

Still doomed.

(Thanks '99, always appreciate your insights.)

Reaction Score
This probably isn't new thread worthy, but Gaffney moved into ESPN's top 100 after the Delaire and Lewis reclassifications. Well deserved after a big spring and summer.

Rivals is the only site that doesn't list him as a 4 star now.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Most people in the know had him as a Florida lock and his OV there was going to be the decision announcement
His decision to visit UConn has many Gator fans very nervous and has me thinking that the kid has 2nd thoughts and liked what UConn had to say and offer
Let's hope

Reaction Score
Didn’t Florida get a 5-star pg nembhardt last cycle that isn’t a one and done?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Didn’t Florida get a 5-star pg nembhardt last cycle that isn’t a one and done?
Yes they also got Locke a 4 star PG. they are loaded with guards.

Reaction Score
Conversation between former NBA’er Kenny Anderson and Gaffney’s dad where Kimani chimes in too:
D04CEB80-F69F-4EEE-A3C5-0C4ED3068C8B.png

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A: Gaffney
B: Dawes.

I think that's really how this is narrowing down.

We'll learn a lot about Hurley's feelings on Dawes after this visit. If he's willing to let him walk to wait for Gaffney, I think that speaks volumes. Would show the staff has confidence in Adams and Rique's shoulder as well.

If we get a Dawes commitment (which I think he would like. He set up an official within hours of the Gaffney announcement), it shows Hurley thinks he can make an impact.

My gut tells me Hurley waits for Gaffney with a conditional Dawes offer. Though I would prefer to take any commitment after recent headaches recruiting. Dawes could be a good off the bench stabilizer. Gaffney is super skinny, but his speed and shooting fit the strategic mould the staff seems to be building.

Plus, we've had good news with rique recently, Hunter's kid is actually very talented, and there's been positive rumblings about Adams coming from work outs. It wouldn't be the WORST thing to go for a higher-rated 2020 guard if we strike out on Gaffney and Dawes has moved on. Would put us one rolled ankle from devastation though.

While that sounds ideal, I don't think we are in a position for conditional offers at this point. jmo though

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I think thats probably what happened when dawes visited. Not sure how I feel about it. Trust in hurley

If so, that takes a big set for sure. What with no commitments on the table.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Gaffney, Bouknight, Akok, and Kofi is an insane class, but also seems realistically possible. Especially if Kofi doesn't get that Kentucky offer.

Reaction Score
If so, that takes a big set for sure. What with no commitments on the table.

Hurley might think he isnt athletic enough for high major basketball. I'm not sure what's going on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom