Jalen Carey | The Boneyard

Jalen Carey

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Pat Lawless‏ @PatLawless_ 13m13 minutes ago
Jalen Carey's Final Ten Schools, per his Father: Syracuse, Notre Dame, Indiana, Kansas, Miami, Temple, Rutgers, UConn, Seton hall & Florida.

Glad he cut now. Kansas is probably the toughest comp, though I have heard Miami and Seton Hall have good position .

This list makes me like our chances. Including Seton Hall, Rutgers, Temple, and Syracuse (despite sanctions and Boeheim's age) suggests he is inclined to stay local. Including Rutgers suggests he likes the UConn coaching tree. The staff should push hard on this one.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Is it possible that Glen Miller has incredible hyper-focus to the point of discussing or being involved in nothing else but class schedules and giving a potential 1 and done player the most grueling, satisfying college curriculum there is to be offered?

I didn't think so either.

I engage in some of the more innocent goofiness, but really?

Reaction Score
Putting up huge EYBL numbers. Think he has to be a top 50 player, but he if he wants to play at a big name school it will be as a CG or SG rather than point.

EYBL Stats

8 GP, 22.9 MPG, 17.9 PPG, 49.5 FG%, 44.4 3P% on 4.5 3PA, 63.6 FT%, 3.4 REB, 1.3 AST to 1.7 TO, 1.1 SPG, 0.4 BPG

Kansas is a big threat, but next to Seton Hall nobody has been on him longer than UConn, and Kansas is in a good spot with a lot of other guards. Hopefully the staff continues to be there for all of his games.

pj

Reaction Score
Except for the free throw percentage and A/TO, those are great shooting guard numbers.

Reaction Score
The advantage if we don't get a kid like waters is we will be a MUCH more attractive spot for a high level 2018 guard. Obviously you don't turn down talent, but it could be an upside.

Sell these kids on being the shabazz to alterique's boatright

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Um assuming this is his dad? If so, that seems like a good sign

Non sequitur, but I just took a look at @uconnfan94's tweets. He has a track record of heckling recruits who commit to other schools and trying to get into online fights with some of the guys who transferred last month. I'm extremely nervous about someone who pulls that kind of stuff interacting with the parent of a current recruit.

Reaction Score
This is my 2018 version of David Beatty.. Seems to love Uconn, is a baller, and if we "hold out for something better" and dont prioritize him and lose him.. I'm gonna be so pissed.
But on the other hand, not prioritizing Beatty and trying to get Hami did really workout for us

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This is my 2018 version of David Beatty.. Seems to love UConn, is a baller, and if we "hold out for something better" and dont prioritize him and lose him.. I'm gonna be so pissed.
But on the other hand, not prioritizing Beatty and trying to get Hami did really workout for us
Except he's better, he'll be a top 50/priority recruit for everyone by the time he commits.

Reaction Score
Carey 2018

I know, but Waters is already concerned about a crowded backcourt with AG JA CV. Carey is listed as a PG and SG. I know he will probably play 2 here but can't imagine Waters would be eager about this.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This is my 2018 version of David Beatty.. Seems to love UConn, is a baller, and if we "hold out for something better" and dont prioritize him and lose him.. I'm gonna be so pissed.
This isn't going to be like that. If the top 3 guards in 2018 all said "We really want you to recruit us, we're thinking hard about going to UConn, but you have to stop recruiting Jalen Carey," we'd keep recruiting Jalen Carey.

He's the top back court target for 2018. Shittu is the top front court target.

Reaction Score
This isn't going to be like that. If the top 3 guards in 2018 all said "We really want you to recruit us, we're thinking hard about going to UConn, but you have to stop recruiting Jalen Carey," we'd keep recruiting Jalen Carey.

He's the top back court target for 2018. Shittu is the top front court target.
It makes it simpler that Quinerly and Quickley cut us from their lists, as well as having nothing positive from Brandon Williams or Elijah Weaver. Don't think there are many, if any, guys ranked higher than Carey at PG that are even considering us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom