Jalen Adams | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams

Reaction Score
Gilbert won't play all of his minutes off the ball. Let's say they try to hold Adams to 32 minutes per game. Those 8 minutes likely go to Gilbert. At least some of the time, Gilbert and Adams will be on the court together and Gilbert may spell Adams on the ball for some of that time, and will be off the ball for others. So Gilbert gets minutes due to his versatility. That still leaves rougly 25 minutes for Vital.

My guess is that they better learn to play together, because they'll both be on court a lot. I actually believe AG can play game-changing defense like Boat use to and KO will keep him on the floor. I think AG will play at least 25 mpg and Adams doesn't need to come out often, i predict 35 mpg. That would give us at least 15 mpg when they're playing together.

I for one, think they can be a dynamic duo a la Shabbaz & the Boatshow. I also expect we'll see plenty of 3 guard line-ups so Vital and MAL will get their opportunities.
()

Reaction Score
Then I'd guess you imagine Gilbert will be a more effective scorer off the ball than Vital? I can't see it.
Yeah, I do think that. Gilbert can take on players, Vital is not a penetrator, at least at this point. And Gilbert can and will be an adequate to good 3 pt shooter. AG was averaging 11 ppg in the short time he played, he is a better scorer than Vital.

Reaction Score
It was a black screen that said something like "I just wanna go home , CT ain't for me."

I'm surprised there isn't an entire thread for this. I have been out of the country since the New Year so I haven't seen the "good Vance" (it seems like Vance has made a big leap). The thread would probably be instalocked or deleted, but interesting nonetheless. He seems like a good kid and will be a good player so I hope he remains a Husky.

Reaction Score
Didnt see the Vance snap but don't read into it. 99.9% of his snaps are of him having fun with his teammates. Isn't exactly groundbreaking for a freshman college kid to get homesick, I'm sure we all felt the same at one point or another.

Reaction Score
Didnt see the Vance snap but don't read into it. 99.9% of his snaps are of him having fun with his teammates. Isn't exactly groundbreaking for a freshman college kid to get homesick, I'm sure we all felt the same at one point or another.

Is it homesickness or is he angry about his last two games? I didn't see anything wrong with his fit in the offense the last couple games, it was just him not forcing his shot.

FWIW, Vance also said Diallo was coming to UConn in some social media facebook thing, according to a poster here.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Jalen will be the alpha no matter who has the ball. The defenses thrown at us will enable KO to make a game-to-game decision on where to put his best offensive backcourt weapon and how to utilize him the best, whether it's with the ball or coming off of screens. We are arguing over nothing but good here, if Alterique is healthy we have 2 PG's and a couple on the bench who can play there also, this is all a really good thing. Jalen won't always be the guy with the ball because he can score it in so many ways. So KO can use him with the ball because they are doubling him, to assure he gets the ball to the open people OR he can play him off the ball so he can use picks to get open because we need him to score the ball more from the wing. It will be Jalens mostly, but there will be times it won't be because its best for the offense.

Everyone's right here!:eek:

Kumbaya? Mau going soft? I completely agree with you that it's all a really good thing. I would love to see Jalen helping AG and MAL and all the new and returning guys get involved, but I also want him to get some more Khalid El Amin in him in the sense that Khalid knew when to take charge and personally change the momentum. Sometimes Jalen seems to try to get others involved and sometimes does not push his own offense when needed.

Reaction Score
Kumbaya? Mau going soft? I completely agree with you that it's all a really good thing. I would love to see Jalen helping AG and MAL and all the new and returning guys get involved, but I also want him to get some more Khalid El Amin in him in the sense that Khalid knew when to take charge and personally change the momentum. Sometimes Jalen seems to try to get others involved and sometimes does not push his own offense when needed.

Me soft? LOL

Agree on KEA analogy but it's a lot to ask to have that's guys demeanor, so good at leading it was crazy. But he could use pieces of KEA's leadership for sure.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Vance leaving would make me sad
After his dad's tweets earlier in the season, and the AZ State assistant reaching out to him almost instantly, I assumed Vance would be the type who needs in house recruiting. It's a pain and it's worrisome, but one would think KO is aware and will do what he needs to do to keep Vance here. We need him.

Reaction Score
After his dad's tweets earlier in the season, and the AZ State assistant reaching out to him almost instantly, I assumed Vance would be the type who needs in house recruiting. It's a pain and it's worrisome, but one would think KO is aware and will do what he needs to do to keep Vance here. We need him.

An Arizona St assistant reached out to him? Say what?

Reaction Score
Seems like too much maintenance is involved with the Belmont Shores kids...

Reaction Score
With his dad tweeting that, you would assume other schools would be like sharks smelling blood. A talented freshman finding success already? Vance will be targeted most likely. It's KO's job to fend that off.

Hopefully this was just about the weather, but you can't be too sure.

Seems like too much maintenance is involved with the Belmont Shores kids..
Maybe, but we're not in a position to get too mad about it. Losing Jackson would be terrible.

Reaction Score

I agree it is def something that's worrisome especially after what his father said earlier this season. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up transferring but at the same time I doubt he will.

Reaction Score
IMG_4460.jpg
Vance Jacksons dads twitter profile

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm going with its a cold weather thing. CT heats up in March. Stick around Vance !
Seriously. I grew up in Ct, lived in NYC for a decade then moved to California in 2011. And I will NEVER go back, 99% because of the weather.

I can't believe anybody from California decides to go to college in the East. It's so much better out here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom