Jalen Adams | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It is a new year, but he is still a down right horrible shooter.

If this team is going to go anywhere this year he needs to develop at least an average jump shot.

Reaction Score
Didn't really make much going to the rim either or do any creating, game was lost at the hands of him and Purvis. I pretty much expect this nonsense from Purvis by now but Adams has gotta be much better than this.

Reaction Score
Was hoping Adams practiced his shooting over the summer.

Reaction Score
Where was Rodney Purvis i can expect that from a sophmore because he can improve. But Rodney purvis is an upperclassmen, where was his leadership?? His IQ sucks and made alot of bad decsions

Reaction Score
Yeah Purvis has his own thread. Yeah, Jalen can get a pass but he was soft driving the ball period. And his perimeter D was even worse than his shooting.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Adams would assume the role of leader but he did nothing of the sort tonight.

Reaction Score
Jalens d was awful. That was the real killer. Opening the game giving up 2 off boards wasn't great either. Game one. And we have to win the AAC to get in.

Reaction Score
When Jalen chased down that loose ball of the opponent (backcourt violation) I almost threw my glass at the TV. Imagine if he touched it and the Wagner player gained possession. He lucked out but it was close.

Dumb play and I hope it was an anomaly and not indicative of his thinking skills, because he is our point guard.

Reaction Score
After watching tonight, he really isn't. I hope he is ok with that.

Yeah, I see AG moving into the starting PT spot. Jalen can fight with Purv for the 2 spot. And they better watch out for Vital because he played better tonight.

Reaction Score
It is a new year, but he is still a down right horrible shooter.

If this team is going to go anywhere this year he needs to develop at least an average jump shot.

How's this working out Jer? Horrible huh?;)

pj

Reaction Score
The Boneyard has become very stupid. Too much unwarranted negativity. As they say in the investment industry, past performance does not predict future performance. UConn teams always improve.

Reaction Score
How's this working out Jer? Horrible huh?;)
If I was as dumb as you I would dig my heels in and say "it is only been two games against D1 opponents that he has shot well and what that should erase the 30+ he has not over the last two seasons?" as you do in every AB thread you find your way into just to bash him.

But thank god I am not as dumb and ignorant as you.

Reaction Score
On the scale of embarrassing takes this board has generated, this one ranks pretty low. Not like this was an unreasonable thing to say after the first game.

Reaction Score
If I was as dumb as you I would dig my heels in and say "it is only been two games against D1 opponents that he has shot well and what that should erase the 30+ he has not over the last two seasons?" as you do in every AB thread you find your way into just to bash him.

But thank god I am not as dumb and ignorant as you.

Don't sell yourself all that short Jer you're much dumber I promise! Just this answer and your stalking proves you wrong, you're a major ! Happy day after Thanksgiving.;)

Reaction Score
On the scale of embarrassing takes this board has generated, this one ranks pretty low. Not like this was an unreasonable thing to say after the first game.

He shot 43% from the floor last year and was only 28% from 3. He showed a decent mid range game and some nice floaters especially towards years end. He had at least an average jump shot although the range was unknown, and actually still is. So while he already proved capable in 3 games he is at the very least an average jump shooter, he still hasn't gone the level of good or really good based on a small sampling.

In other words after one game at 4-15 to say he is a "downright horrible" is unreasonable but hey that's expected from OP. My bad for egging the dope on I apologize.

Reaction Score
Don't sell yourself all that short Jer you're much dumber I promise! Just this answer and your stalking proves you wrong, you're a major ! Happy day after Thanksgiving.;)
Thought you blocked me? Why I am not surprised a guy who has 20k posts on a message board also has the time to dig up old threads.

Prior to the OK State Adams was shooting under 33% from outside the paint in his career. But 2 games make a career, except when it comes to AB, right Mau? Ha

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thought you blocked me? Why I am not surprised a guy who has 20k posts on a message board also has the time to dig up old threads.

Prior to the OK State Adams was shooting under 33% from outside the paint in his career. But 2 games make a career, except when it comes to AB, right Mau? Ha

Read it again Jerry "he still hasn't gone the level of good or really good based on a small sampling" - I now it's tough. But what I said is "downright horrible" was just flat out wrong. But guessing that's just you.

Have fun!;)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
adams realized in maui it's his team and as he goes the team goes... Last year he barely got time and should've gotten more... he does need help from someone who is consistent with handling and scoring otherwise teams are going to do to him what OKS did the first half

Reaction Score
He shot 43% from the floor last year and was only 28% from 3. He showed a decent mid range game and some nice floaters especially towards years end. He had at least an average jump shot although the range was unknown, and actually still is. So while he already proved capable in 3 games he is at the very least an average jump shooter, he still hasn't gone the level of good or really good based on a small sampling.

In other words after one game at 4-15 to say he is a "downright horrible" is unreasonable but hey that's expected from OP. My bad for egging the dope on I apologize.

It was maybe an overstatement, but not much more in my opinion. 28% could be reasonably considered "horrible" and the floaters he hit in the lane last season don't typically qualify as jump shots.

But I see you two have a history so I'll stay out of it.

Reaction Score
It was maybe an overstatement, but not much more in my opinion. 28% could be reasonably considered "horrible" and the floaters he hit in the lane last season don't typically qualify as jump shots.

All good, see your points and well taken. But that's what Larrier shot too at VCU and we knew he wasn't a downright horrible shooter right? Again just a little too early to jump the gun from my perspective but you are correct, there is a "history".

Reaction Score

He got off to an awful shooting start last year, but limited his attempts later in the year and improved shot selection. Last 10 games he shot 50% from deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom