Jalen Adams PG Comparison | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams PG Comparison

Reaction Score
Statistics can always be misleading, though... Bazz and Kemba, especially made everyone else around them better. They controlled the game and were able to lead the team. Jalen is not doing that. He can get 17 and 4 a game but it is a bit self-serving and I do not think in any way that he is "leading" this team and making others better. Furthermore, those three at least tried to play defense. Jalen is absolutely awful in that area.

What's sad is that he is arguably the most physically talented of the four...

pj

Reaction Score
That Kemba Walker would look pretty good right now. I think Ryan is a good equivalent level player for Jalen.

Reaction Score
I know Jalen has been shooting the 3 better lately but I still want him to go back to what he was doing last year when shooting the 3. He barely gets off the floor when he lets go now.

Reaction Score
I know Jalen has been shooting the 3 better lately but I still want him to go back to what he was doing last year when shooting the 3. He barely gets off the floor when he lets go now.
He literally does not use his legs in his set 3. It’s both ugly and not effective, he needs that leg power to shoot it better.

Reaction Score
Napier didn’t fully turn the corner till senior year. Maybe Adams is still a year away.
I hear this parroted a lot around here and it's simply not true, Shabazz was a stud as a junior.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I hear this parroted a lot around here and it's simply not true, Shabazz was a stud as a junior.

He did say "fully" and I don't know how you could argue that Bazz was as good as a junior as he was a senior ...

Reaction Score
Napier didn’t fully turn the corner till senior year. Maybe Adams is still a year away.

I have to disagree with this. Napier was All Big East First Team as a junior and was incredibly clutch scoring 55 points in 45 overtime minutes, leading the team to a 5-0 record in overtime. What more could he have done in a season with no post season?

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Really hope JA stays his senior year

Reaction Score
I have to disagree with this. Napier was All Big East First Team as a junior and was incredibly clutch scoring 55 points in 45 overtime minutes, leading the team to a 5-0 record in overtime. What more could he have done in a season with no post season?

Shabazz had a very good junior season scoring 17.1 pts/game, but he had 4.6 assists and 2.4 TO per game which for a point guard is just OK. Sure, he had Boat playing with him, but some of the criticisms of Adams are similar to the criticisms of Shabazz at the time. And, during Shabazz's junior year, he had 5 other players that he had played with at least one season, whereas Adams has 1 this year.

All that said, Shabazz was a point guard where Adams is more of a combo guard. On the current team (both this year and last year), Gilbert was supposed to be the PG. Adams is holding down the PG spot because he has to.

Reaction Score
Really hope JA stays his senior year
Oz recently said that the team is starting to think they won’t have a scholarship available for 2018. That would mean one of Adams or Larrier staying. If both were to stay, there would need to be a transfer out, too. Larrier may be able to grad transfer depending on how he’s doing in the classroom, too.

Reaction Score
If Adams and TL come back, I think we have a great nucleus for a very good team in 18-19. Ollie doesn't get one and dones. He gets very good players, that benefit from the full four years of college. Think Kemba his senior year, Napier, Boatright. Also think- Hamilton and Daniels would have benefited from staying.

Reaction Score
Look at the level of competition between 2011 kemba , still in big east, playing kentucky, wichita state, michigan state preseason compared to Jalen.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
That Kemba Walker would look pretty good right now. I think Ryan is a good equivalent level player for Jalen.
Boatright was not the focus of the team his junior year. He played superior defense as well. UConn's perimeter D right now is sub-par at best.

Reaction Score
That’s been my thought since his freshman year. UConn is about alpha dog senior guards. Aside from Marcus who left early. Kemba graduated early. One more year of kea would have been great for us

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The biggest differences between Adams and those three players is that Adams is working with an absolute tire fire of a roster and he’s not actually a point guard.

Square peg, round hole.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The biggest differences between Adams and those three players is that Adams is working with an absolute tire fire of a roster and he’s not actually a point guard.

Square peg, round hole.
What about the defense though?

Reaction Score
Look at the level of competition between 2011 kemba , still in big east, playing kentucky, wichita state, michigan state preseason compared to Jalen.

Over the course of that season yes, but in the first nine games it's not that different.

Kemba 2011: Stony Brook, Vermont, Wichita State, Michigan State, Kentucky, New Hampshire, UMBC, Farleigh Dickinson, Coppin State

Adams 2017: Colgate, Stony Brook, Boston University, Oregon, Michigan State, Arkansas, Columbia, Monmouth, Syracuse

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
Over the course of that season yes, but in the first nine games it's not that different.

Kemba 2011: Stony Brook, Vermont, Wichita State, Michigan State, Kentucky, New Hampshire, UMBC, Farleigh Dickinson, Coppin State

Adams 2017: Colgate, Stony Brook, Boston University, Oregon, Michigan State, Arkansas, Columbia, Monmouth, Syracuse

You could argue 2017 is tougher

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom