Jalen Adams NOT testing NBA waters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams NOT testing NBA waters

Reaction Score
Like 3/4 of the guys who leave early now - he's not there yet. So good on him for not being a rock head and understanding that.

And thanks to him for coming back to school and taking some reigns of leadership. About time someone did.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Via jalens instagram
This is an April Fools joke folks.:cool:

Great news and people are looking at the downside. I'd settle for casual fans right now.

The guy with the most playing time just announced his support for KO and he is by far and away the most important player we needed for next season. This could be 2013 2.0. The kids who bleed Husky Blue are staying and will be the nucleus for a positive future.

Now go to work coaches and reel in some winners.

Reaction Score
This is about making a statement. He could have tested without an agent, just to experience the whole process.

Since he knew he wasn't going to the NBA anyway, he's throwing down the gauntlet and probably subtlely sending a message to those spending their time on life rafts.

Reaction Score
I would like to hear his reason, not that he owes it to anyone. I wonder if he has made this announcement to try to help stabilize the current situation a little bit.

Probably. Whether he was encouraged to do it by Ollie or he did it on his own, it was a selfless move.

Reaction Score
Adams isn't on a single mock draft, Bentil was a fringe first round pick. Guess I should have just said nobody in Adams position has done it
Just stop your embarrassing yourself. Your excuse for lie is another made up statement to support your excuse.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
This is an April Fools joke folks.:cool:

Great news and people are looking at the downside. I'd settle for casual fans right now.

The guy with the most playing time just announced his support for KO and he is by far and away the most important player we needed for next season. This could be 2013 2.0. The kids who bleed Husky Blue are staying and will be the nucleus for a positive future.

Now go to work coaches and reel in some winners.
Exactly, the four most important players returning are Adams, Larrier, Gilbert, and Vital.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Also of note: this will be the first time since 2014 that we are going to return our best player from the previous year. That seems significant.

Next year, from day one there won't be any doubt who the alpha dog is.
Adams is the next Kemba/Shabazz.

Reaction Score
Just stop your embarrassing yourself. Your excuse for lie is another made up statement to support your excuse.
Nobody has gone from nowhere near a draft board, to a draft without an agent, to leaving lol just chill out man

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Huh I kind of wish he would. You're allowed more coach-on-player practice time if you declare
This is the first thing you think about with this news. At least acknowledge he's coming back and he has a good relationship with KO before going to point Z.

Reaction Score
This is the first thing you think about with this news. At least acknowledge he's coming back and he has a good relationship with KO before going to point Z.
I just don't see how everyone can say Ollie doesn't develop players and then be happy our best player turns down an opportunity for a good chunk of help in developing his game

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I just don't see how everyone can say Ollie doesn't develop players and then be happy our best player turns down an opportunity for a good chunk of help in developing his game
I understand your point but after a week with transfers and a recruit announcing he wants a release Jalens announcement is extremely positive to the program. It makes recruiting players to fill the voids a lot easier if the coaches can let those recruits know there is zero chance he's leaving. Not to mention that not every player is dissatisfied with KO.

Reaction Score

Sheesh, a lot of my and I in that statement. Eight in total. Somebody teach him the value of we.

In all seriousness, though, this is exactly what you'd want from your leader. He and the rest of the holdovers are clearly mad and ready to prove something next season. I really think this team is going to be a lot better than people think.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
UConn performs its best when there are low expectations and players are angry.
That's fine, people can leave the program. I'll take Jalen Adams and Kevin Ollie vs. the world.
Ten toes in.

Now let's just fill out this damn roster.

Reaction Score
Huh, Kemba was a terrible 3PT shooter in college

Jalen needs to be a PG, a 6-2 2 with avg shooting ability, can't defend will not be a big time NBA player

He's not even considered a top 100 prospect, so no idea what he'd be exploring exactly

He can do and D Ham and make $15k in the D league playing in front of 100 people

Love this kid. He works on his 3 pt shot in the off season and comes back hitting them the way Kemba and Bazz did watch out...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom