Jalen Adams = Money! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams = Money!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, NBA scouts don't give a damn if a young kid coming into the league doesn't have particularly good handle? Meaning the ball IN A COLLEGE GAME might get away from him at times? Maybe you just mean scouts for the Knicks possibly?
I didn't say anything about a player's handle, I spoke specifically on turnover rate and a/to ratio.

Dunn, for example, had a sky-high turnover rate but also a great handle, and was the first PG off the board last year.

So the point is: Sure, I'm certain scouts would like to see Jalen tighten his handle up some. But they won't give much of a damn about his turnover % at all.

Reaction Score
I didn't say anything about a player's handle, I spoke specifically on turnover rate and a/to ratio.

Dunn, for example, had a sky-high turnover rate but also a great handle, and was the first PG off the board last year.

So the point is: Sure, I'm certain scouts would like to see Jalen tighten his handle up some. But they won't give much of a damn about his turnover % at all.
Thanks for the clarification.

Reaction Score

Neither Dunn nor Jalen have close to a great handle by NBA standards. Dunn was drafted so high because of his open court play, long wingspan/athleticism which can create havoc on the defensive end and enables him to guard a few postions. He still has a loose handle for the NBA, is too turnover prone, and needs to improve his jumper. Jalen has a lot of tools but his handle isn't tight enough yet for NBA standards. Another season of tightening his point guard game and leading the team to a big season will be huge for him.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
"I try not to rush," Adams said, "try to take my time and just read the defense. That just comes from watching NBA players who are really good at it."

It scares me to see Adams and NBA in the same sentence, especially coming from him. In a couple years, absolutely. But not yet. It's a huge win-win for everyone for him to come back next year.

Jalen Adams Drives It Home For UConn In Final Seconds At Temple

Reaction Score
"I try not to rush," Adams said, "try to take my time and just read the defense. That just comes from watching NBA players who are really good at it."

It scares me to see Adams and NBA in the same sentence, especially coming from him. In a couple years, absolutely. But not yet. It's a huge win-win for everyone for him to come back next year.

Jalen Adams Drives It Home For UConn In Final Seconds At Temple

I would hope Jalen is watching the best players in the world to see how they operate and try to learn from them...

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I would hope Jalen is watching the best players in the world to see how they operate and try to learn from them...

One would hope. But he's 20. My guess is he's watching, thinking, "I can do that."

Reaction Score
The game winner against Temple reminds me of Kemba and Shabazz. I like where Jalen's development is going. He's becoming the best player on the court and his teammates are starting to think it as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom