Jalen Adams = Money! | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams = Money!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The layup slicing though traffic in the first half, the FT line pull up J where he fell on his arse in the first half, the attempted tomahawk that drew a foul were all NBA moves.

Best move of the night was a behind the back dribble in the first half where he just exploded through three players like they were standing still.

Reaction Score
I thought people said he could not go left? He just won a game doing so....

Still can't go left very well. He finished with his right hand. He was able to because they overplay him so far to his right he's able to get far enough ahead of his man to finish with his right hand still. Watch the replay. Not uncommon for college guards, but developing his left would make him THAT much more of a threat.

He did have a finish in the first half with his left hand though! Honestly may have been the first I've seen--definitely first I've noticed-- in a uconn uniform.

His left hand, and lack of 3 pt shooting volume may just keep him out of the draft this year.

So Jalen if you're reading this: DO NOT PRACTICE LEFT HAND LAYUPS UNTIL APRIL

Reaction Score
The layup slicing though traffic in the first half, the FT line pull up J where he fell on his arse in the first half, the attempted tomahawk that drew a foul were all NBA moves.

Best move of the night was a behind the back dribble in the first half where he just exploded through three players like they were standing still.
Also like the pull up three when the defender went for the steal. Another pro move.

Reaction Score
Still can't go left very well. He finished with his right hand. He was able to because they overplay him so far to his right he's able to get far enough ahead of his man to finish with his right hand still. Watch the replay. Not uncommon for college guards, but developing his left would make him THAT much more of a threat.

He did have a finish in the first half with his left hand though! Honestly may have been the first I've seen--definitely first I've noticed-- in a uconn uniform.

His left hand, and lack of 3 pt shooting volume may just keep him out of the draft this year.

Thought he layed that up with the left???

Reaction Score
Thought he layed that up with the left???

The game winner? Definitely his right. Look for his shooting sleeve on the replay. He turns his back to the defense to defend the ball from being blocked and sort of half-reverses it. That's the best way to make layups from the opposite side if you're not good with your left. Same form as a true euro-step.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Had that running lefty floater over Fall vs UCF last week. Ollie joked it was the first time in his life he hit a shot lefty.

Reaction Score
The game winner? Definitely his right. Look for his shooting sleeve on the replay. He turns his back to the defense to defend the ball from being blocked and sort of half-reverses it. That's the best way to make layups from the opposite side if you're not good with your left. Same form as a true euro-step.
You're right just saw it again.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Also like the pull up three when the defender went for the steal. Another pro move.

I did too, but there's enough high level college players who can make that shot. Some of the others he just explodes to create space. Looks like a premier running back who just moves with the pile, see a hole and is gone.

Reaction Score

He went left multiple times last game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Adams can go left with the dribble and get to the hoop.

He almost always finishes with his right when he gets to the rim.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
There was zero doubt, Jalen was dead set on baptizing thaTwnple defender during that attempted tomahawk. Shame he hit the front end of the rim, no one really seemed to get a finger on it. Would have been a SportsCenter top play without a doubt.

Reaction Score
He went left multiple times last game.

Went left or finished with his left? He's got a solid handle with the left, just can't finish with the hand.

If he finished left, I'll stand corrected.

I sound like a jerk I guess, but I want him to be a superstar and he has the potential if he can polish up some of these things.

Reaction Score
Went left or finished with his left? He's got a solid handle with the left, just can't finish with the hand.

If he finished left, I'll stand corrected.

I sound like a jerk I guess, but I want him to be a superstar and he has the potential if he can polish up some of these things.

More than anything, I want him to learn how to get to the line. Shooting and getting better with the left hand will certainly help, but if he could learn to get to the line like Kemba could..man...he'd be unstoppable. Seems like he tries to avoid contact as much as possible as it is right now.

Reaction Score
More than anything, I want him to learn how to get to the line. Shooting and getting better with the left hand will certainly help, but if he could learn to get to the line like Kemba could..man...he'd be unstoppable. Seems like he tries to avoid contact as much as possible as it is right now.

He started the season off slow, but in-conference he's shooting something ridiculous like 93% from the line. I'd be okay with it.

Problem is he's really good at those wild acrobatic finished 2-7ft from the hoop!

Quite the problem to have ;)

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to watch today's game, just caught the highlights. That was a bigtime move and finish by Jalen for the game winner. Good road win and Purvis has really been coming on the past few weeks. We are certainly playing better, if we win down in Houston there will be some serious excitement for the home tilts with Cincy and SMU.

Reaction Score
He started the season off slow, but in-conference he's shooting something ridiculous like 93% from the line. I'd be okay with it.

Problem is he's really good at those wild acrobatic finished 2-7ft from the hoop!

Quite the problem to have ;)

I meant getting to the line. His percentage is fine, but he doesn't get to the line enough for someone who drives as much as he does. He needs some acting lessons from Kemba. :p

Reaction Score

He's not ready for the NBA yet, one more year, and maybe even the year after that. Has to improve his handle, the ball gets away from him sometimes. Scouts see that and they would ask "what's his assist to turnover ratio"?

Reaction Score
Handle is suspect at times, you're correct. But I think his 3+ TO per game (way too many) mostly come from making lazy or unsafe passes.

Just my impression though I could be wrong

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Handle is suspect at times, you're correct. But I think his 3+ TO per game (way too many) mostly come from making lazy or unsafe passes.
Scouts don't really give much of a damn about a/to ratio or total TOs per game for college PGs. Historically speaking it hasn't been particularly predictive of anything on the next level.

Kemba, for example, averaged 2.9 to/game as a senior, and had a poor a/to ratio for a starting PG. But as a pro he's had an exceptionally low TO %.

Reaction Score
Scouts don't really give much of a damn about a/to ratio or total TOs per game for college PGs. Historically speaking it hasn't been particularly predictive of anything on the next level.

Kemba, for example, averaged 2.9 to/game as a senior, and had a poor a/to ratio for a starting PG. But as a pro he's had an exceptionally low TO %.
So let me get this straight, NBA scouts don't give a damn if a young kid coming into the league doesn't have particularly good handle? Meaning the ball IN A COLLEGE GAME might get away from him at times? Maybe you just mean scouts for the Knicks possibly?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom