Jalen Adams Game-time Decision Friday | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams Game-time Decision Friday

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It's not a shot at his character. JUCO guys are JUCO guys for a reason.

Sometimes it's academic. Sometimes it's financial. Sometimes its character issues. Sometimes its discipline. Sometimes it's long-term goals. But there's always a reason.

Usually it's a character/academic thing - and in about 80%+ of those cases, it's that. He's 23 right now and it took a while for anyone to jump in again. There's probably a reason for that. Could just be the credits. Could be something else.

Either way - a 23 year old JUCO player who barely plays isn't going to have much cache in the leadership department, I wouldn't think.

Selvie was Juco. Argument debunked. Long live King Selvie.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
It’s also on the older players.

Bazz and boat didn’t let this crap fly.

He is the older player. haha

but not actually funny.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Well, you have Scooter Adams, Cobb who's a few months removed from basically getting thrown off the team and then Yakwe and Smith - both of whom are transfers. After that it's Williams, who is also a JUCO guy (sorry, JUCO guys are JUCO guys for a reason - always), a walk-on and Christian Vital who has great fire, but isn't the most disciplined guy in the world.. Mix in the fact there's been zero leadership there in years and well...

Shouldn't be surprising that there's a leadership deficit here.

Not arguing any of that. I agree.

But the fact that they don’t have anyone to set the tone like that is a problem beyond Ollie, which was where the dig about adults was heading.

I don’t care if Adams is a “leader” or not. Not everyone wants that mantle. But you gotta be willing to at least just do it by example. Just go out there and focus on your game and go 100 every time. But someone in the locker room has to be the one who doesn’t let that fly either. Can’t just be DH.

Reaction Score
Chief called this one too! In the Sid thread he said there'd be another surprise that would be good. Game time decision is better than indefinite suspension!

These guys are doing an awesome job destroying the positive traction (at least in the minds of fans) that the program had for the past few months. We're due for a season-ending injury and an arrest followed by a loss to a low major.

Reaction Score
Chief called this one too! In the Sid thread he said there'd be another surprise that would be good. Game time decision is better than indefinite suspension!

These guys are doing an awesome job destroying the positive traction (at least in the minds of fans) that the program had for the past few months. We're due for a season-ending injury and an arrest followed by a loss to a low major.

Easy there Chuck, not sure why anyone would feel the need to type that prophecy.

Reaction Score
Hurley said he wasn't sure how long the suspension was for prior to the game against Harvard so this is simply telling us and Jalen he still wants more, expects more. Even if he's improved on whatever the situation was that made this mess, he's not going to tell him until the next game which is tomorrow. Pretty simple in the Hurley Laws set up I would say. So if he's been doing what he's been asked he will be playing if not, all on Jalen. This is by no means an Ollie thing, Jalen should be worried about himself and playing hard no matter how he was coached. I know I've pointed out his disregard for the defensive end has hurt us the last 2 years and while we certainly can point to KO and the staff for not sitting him when the effort wasn't there he's a really good basketball player and should be playing hard on both ends just to be the best he can be. It will hurt like hell if he rebels instead of understanding the Dan is not only worried about the team but he wants him to be the best he can be for his future as well.

Grow up kids, geezus.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley said he wasn't sure how long the suspension was for prior to the game against Harvard so this is simply telling us and Jalen he still wants more, expects more. Even if he's improved on whatever the situation was that made this mess, he's not going to tell him until the next game which is tomorrow. Pretty simple in the Hurley Laws set up I would say. So if he's been doing what he's been asked he will be playing if not, all on Jalen. This is by no means an Ollie thing, Jalen should be worried about himself and playing hard no matter how he was coached. I know I've pointed out his disregard for the defensive end has hurt us the last 2 years and while we certainly can point to KO and the staff for not sitting him when the effort wasn't there he's a really good basketball player and should be playing hard on both ends just to be the best he can be. It will hurt like hell if he rebels instead of understanding the Dan is not only worried about the team but he wants him to be the best he can be for his future as well.

Grow up kids, geezus.
WELL SAID MAU

Reaction Score
Jalen has 5 months to create the future he wants and he’s blowing it. Unreal. Love Hurley for this. Alpha dog

C

Chief00

Jump is one of the good guys
Danny has shown zero indication of playing Jump. But, Chief is going to make a prediction that Danny doesn’t even know yet. At some point, Danny is going to get frustrated with the rebounding and as a last default resort - he will put Jump in and he will rebound better than the other guys. Jump will earn playing time.

Reaction Score
I believe Jalen will play. Point made, hopefully lesson learned but Jalen is not a bad kid. Maybe Coach doesn’t start him but I hope he does.

Haha and then I read Tarin’s Quote

Reaction Score
I believe Jalen will play. Point made, hopefully lesson learned but Jalen is not a bad kid. Maybe Coach doesn’t start him but I hope he does.
The character attacks on this board are boarder line cringy

Reaction Score
Its like Adams is in the 9th inning with 2 out tie game, and not even in the on deck circle. He's should be on 3rd base by now looking to come home. It seems he doesn't know where home base (i.e. NBA) is. Hurley is the 3rd base coach looking at Adams and saying 'Really . . .. Why aren't you here?'

Just saying he's a Senior and at this stage should know where he belongs and act like where he should be heading. I just hope we fans don't want him to excel and succeed more than him.

Tick...Tock.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom