Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 28 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think he gets the keys to the ship day 1. With RB gone and not many other primary ball handler type players on the roster..

Don't forget we have Samuel and Cassel Jr. to play point. Assuming Purvis doesn't go to the NBA he will also be playing as a combo guard. I'm hoping Adams Freshman year is similar to Bazz's freshman year. I don't think he'll get the keys on day 1, but hopefully he'll be a valuable contributor.

I'm looking forward to seeing him as a Husky in 2015.

Reaction Score
Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 24s
Why did Jalen Adams commit to Connecticut? Simple: It was his dream school. Story: http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1415703.html

“At the end of the day, it was perfect,” Pastore said. “This kids dream was to go to UConn. He kept to his dream. He always saw himself in an UConn uniform.”

Adams is known for his ability to score. An impressive athlete, Adams is skilled and makes shots from mid-range out to the three-point stripe.

Adams, a four-star prospect, is ranked as the No. 55 overall prospect and the No. 15 shooting guard in the 2015 class.

This is what gets me excited about this recruit, a player that is one slot away from a 5* rating and Uconn is his Dream School! That's what I'm talking about!!! We should be THE destination school, period! Ollie shouldn't be recruiting players, they should be recruiting him. I'm sick of not being a destination school for these top recruits and listening about other programs that haven't cut down the nets in 20 years! Here we go baby... Who's next!!??

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Don't forget we have Samuel and Cassel Jr. to play point. Assuming Purvis doesn't go to the NBA he will also be playing as a combo guard. I'm hoping Adams Freshman year is similar to Bazz's freshman year. I don't think he'll get the keys on day 1, but hopefully he'll be a valuable contributor.

I'm looking forward to seeing him as a Husky in 2015.
We haven't seen SCJR yet but IMO Samuel is better off the ball slashing to the basket and in transition, maybe at the 1 for short periods of time. Unless he can substantially improve his ball handle...

Reaction Score
We haven't seen SCJR yet but IMO Samuel is better off the ball slashing to the basket and in transition, maybe at the 1 for short periods of time. Unless he can substantially improve his ball handle...

Samuel's ballhandle isn't up to snuff? He looked like he could take of the ball. He was dribbling through the lane for contested layups.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone mentioned it, and apologies if so, but I love to this quote from Jalen on Shabazz:

"Seeing what Coach Ollie did with a local guard from where I'm from, it definitely made a difference," Adams said, "and made me believe that if I put in the same amount of work that I could potentially end up with a similar opportunity."

Reaction Score
I'd be willing to bet that we win #5 during Jalen's time here.
I mean just speaking from the numbers, if you stay at UConn for 4 years you're basically guaranteed at least a Final Four

And we all know that one UConn gets to a Final Four, there is an 80% chance* of getting to the championship game, in which you are statistically guaranteed to win.

*Influenced by Dyson's injury

Reaction Score
UConn guys haven't been this relieved since Al Gore invented the internet p_rn.

Reaction Score
I would guess he is listed as a 2guard because kaleb joseph held pg duties @ cushing. he has been no question a pg on the adidas circuit and has been destroying .

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Welcome to the Dog Pound, Jalen!!! I hope you don't mind things like LeBron James and Pat Riley orchestrating trades for you...

That had to be what did it, right? Longtime UConn fan, sees the best player on the planet do backflips when his team drafts UConn's best player (who just happens to be from the same hometown as you). Once he saw that, I'll bet he turned to mom and dad and told them to clear their schedules on Sunday.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
xU8QZsW.jpeg

That is mesmerizing.

Reaction Score
Yesterday:
Just a gut but Jalen and UConn's love affair fell sour somewhere otherwise this deal would have been closed……….love the kids game but if wanted to be a Husky he would have been already so we will be going in a different direction for sure……..just guessing though!

I mentioned later in another post he should be worried about the other guards KO and the staff are targeting and worried they would commit first. You guys can thank me now. I knew this would work and I think I forced Jalen to think about how upset he would be if Briscoe, Smith, Dorsey or Brunson held their hand up first…….so you're welcome BYers…….once again a huge impact by Mau :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01