Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 62 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On the next level it's going to be tougher due to the increased size and athleticism of everyone on the floor but I can't wait to see him out there. We need to give him some slack and not expect Kemba on day 1.

Reaction Score
Even though it's a somewhat asinine subject, when is the last time we have had a crazy athletic PG who could dunk like that?

Reaction Score
Adams and Purvis is probably the most athletic starting backcourt we've ever had.

Note: Athletic doesn't mean best.

Reaction Score

but I thought they don't count? Im pretty sure recruiting is in the gutter...

joking aside, do you know if the actual jordan game bans nepsac players? I'm having a hard time understanding some of the selections over adams who is consensus top 25 player. Guys like eric davis. Adams is probably pissed off he wasn't invited to the national game

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

joking aside, do you know if the actual jordan game bans nepsac players? I'm having a hard time understanding some of the selections over adams who is consensus top 25 player. Guys like eric davis. Adams is probably pissed off he wasn't invited to the national game

Adams is a post-grad, and I believe that the Jordan game is for HS seniors only.

Reaction Score

I have no idea. Was gonna say he shouldn't be playing in the regional game at all.

But yeah, Adams was heated he didn't get the national invite. He must have been eligible for the national game because he tweeted this when those rosters were announced:
lGSg1y2.png

Reaction Score
Adams is a post-grad, and I believe that the Jordan game is for HS seniors only.
good call I always forget this. Seems pretty dumb, they're all entering college the same time. PG's are also evaluated the same as any of these hs seniors attending a catholic school or whatever.

I have no idea. Was gonna say he shouldn't be playing in the regional game at all.

But yeah, Adams was heated he didn't get the national invite. He must have been eligible for the national game because he tweeted this when those rosters were announced:
lGSg1y2.png
hilarious hahahaha. I also read somewhere this week i think he wasn't even playing in the regional game, must have changed his mind somewhere along the way.

Reaction Score

Adams and Enoch would be a nice class in a year like 1998 or 2003 or 2005 or 2008, when our team is mostly complete and we don't need to add more than one key piece.

We needed about 5 guys -- a ready-right-away big, a second ballhandler, and a scoring wing option, in addition to the 2 we got. Granted, we might get some of these on the 5th-year market, but we swung and missed badly during the main recruiting season.

Basically, recruiting looks bad right now because (1) we went after a lot of guys and lost out to what should be regarded as inferior programs, and (2) we have glaring holes on the roster that aren't being filled.

Reaction Score
Adams and Enoch would be a nice class in a year like 1998 or 2003 or 2005 or 2008, when our team is mostly complete and we don't need to add more than one key piece.

We needed about 5 guys -- a ready-right-away big, a second ballhandler, and a scoring wing option, in addition to the 2 we got. Granted, we might get some of these on the 5th-year market, but we swung and missed badly during the main recruiting season.

Basically, recruiting looks bad right now because (1) we went after a lot of guys and lost out to what should be regarded as inferior programs, and (2) we have glaring holes on the roster that aren't being filled.

Having more than 3 guys pan out in a recruiting class is extremely rare. As good as Calhoun was, he always had a lot of transfers. I'm pretty confident that these two will be very good players for UConn. Let's see if they can add a third player who also has a chance of being very good.

UConn returns like 8 of the top 9 guys from last season. That's always worked out well for us in the past, and I know how much you like to look at the past for future results.

Reaction Score
Was looking forward to what Givony would have to say, I don't recall him commenting on Adams before.

Reaction Score
Wall was in the main Jordan brand game so PGs ate allowed.
exactly , I feel like this is a new thing. Its not really logical imo to let them qualify for the regional game but not the national one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom