Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn) | Page 50 | The Boneyard

Jalen Adams (Committed to UConn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
I asked this awhile ago and never got an answer. Why did Jalen take a PG year when we clearly could have used another ballhandler and he appears to be talented enough to have played at the D1 level?

Reaction Score
Adams IMO is equal to any GUARD in 2015. definitely a better prospect than simon or mitchell, adams is a guy who projects to be an outstanding lead guard at the pro level. he is much more explosive than briscoe and i believe he has a better ceiling -- much better physical tools and athleticism, and also plays point in the best prep league in the world. Briscoe is projected as a top ten pick in 2016; i've seen both in person and adams is less skilled off the dribble but has much more bounce . his jumper off pnr situations has tremendous upside. At hoop hall was often listed at 6'4, but i would say he is in the range of 6'2 or 6'3 but very long (6'6+ wingspan) ... reminds me a ton of devin harris (top 5 pick i believe out of wiscy), and also a mix of E-BLED with his reckless ATH attacking the offensive/defensive glass.

As a fan base alot of times uconn fans have bitched about recruiting and getting the high talent guys. Jalen Adams is as high talented as it gets, this was a must get in recruiting... most of us have been eyeing since 2012/13 ish. Reminds me of our current situation with that young point god at south kent waters( another must get). He's gonna come in here and be one of the best freshman in the country playing with one of the best sophomores in the country (hamilton), backed by one of the BEST JUNIORS in the country ( AMIDA).

This year is special because of boatright, but next year will also be great with adding adams + enoch. if we get one more prospect i'll be pumped, preferably that mobile greek centre.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score
Adams IMO is equal to any GUARD in 2015. definitely a better prospect than simon or mitchell, adams is a guy who projects to be an outstanding lead guard at the pro level. he is much more explosive than briscoe and i believe he has a better ceiling -- much better physical tools and athleticism, and also plays point in the best prep league in the world. Briscoe is projected as a top ten pick in 2016; i've seen both in person and adams is less skilled off the dribble but has much more bounce . his jumper off pnr situations has tremendous upside. At hoop hall was often listed at 6'4, but i would say he is in the range of 6'2 or 6'3 but very long (6'6+ wingspan) ... reminds me a ton of devin harris (top 5 pick i believe out of wiscy), and also a mix of E-BLED with his reckless ATH attacking the offensive/defensive glass.

As a fan base alot of times uconn fans have bitched about recruiting and getting the high talent guys. Jalen Adams is as high talented as it gets, this was a must get in recruiting... most of us have been eyeing since 2012/13 ish. Reminds me of our current situation with that young point god at south kent waters( another must get). He's gonna come in here and be one of the best freshman in the country playing with one of the best sophomores in the country (hamilton), backed by one of the BEST JUNIORS in the country ( AMIDA).

This year is special because of boatright, but next year will also be great with adding adams + enoch. if we get one more prospect i'll be pumped, preferably that mobile greek centre.

I agree he's a better NBA prospect than Mitchell (mainly because for their size they both look to be PGs and Adams is just better as a PG), but Simons may be able to shift to the 2G in which case I wouldn't put him far behind Adams as a NBA prospect.

However, as college prospects, if used the right way, all three are pretty equal.

Reaction Score

Very thorough, informative post, thanks. Nice touch with the centre spelling, makes the kid sound even more intriguing. Now, if he can make a mean dish of souvlaki or Baklava, he may really help recruiting too.

Reaction Score
Can we imagine next years team without Adams? The thought is scary.

Reaction Score
I asked this awhile ago and never got an answer. Why did Jalen take a PG year when we clearly could have used another ballhandler and he appears to be talented enough to have played at the D1 level?

That has been the plan for several years now. He reclassified to the class of 2015 back in 2012. It wasn't like it was a last second decision to do a PG year rather than enroll in college.

Reaction Score
While we always want our commits to get the recognition they deserve, talented guards that come to Storrs with a chip on their shoulders tend to do pretty good in the long run.

Reaction Score
Can we imagine next years team without Adams? The thought is scary.
Why would I imagine next year's team without a guy that is committed and signed? Never really understood that thought process, or similar posts like imagine this team without Boat, or the last 2 years without Bazz. Why picture a team without talent that is there or going to be there?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
http://zagsblog.com/articles/fan-po...cdonalds-all-american-game-picks/#more-128121

I figured that Adams would get snubbed out of the McDonald's All American game but now it is official as the 24 member team was announced.

As always, this list is arbitrary and ultimately means nothing espcially when it comes to developing UConn future stars...would have liked to seemhis stellar play rewarded. He outplayed current Brewster teammate Donovan Mitchell and the rest of that star studded backcourt yet still no love

Either ay I am as excited as I can remember for an incoming PG recruit. I wouldn't trade JA for any other recruit (yes even your precious Diamond)

He's not eligable because of his student classification - I am fairly sure of this

Reaction Score
UPDATE ON 247, because so many people care

JA- #32
SE- #65

Personally, I love the "underrated" recruits we bring in. It helps build our brand as a developmental school that breeds players. IMO, that is one of the best reputations you can have.

Reaction Score
He's not eligable because of his student classification - I am fairly sure of this
That is correct, and it has been discussed in 2 other threads as well, but here we are again...........

Reaction Score
Why would I imagine next year's team without a guy that is committed and signed? Never really understood that thought process, or similar posts like imagine this team without Boat, or the last 2 years without Bazz. Why picture a team without talent that is there or going to be there?

I know its like imagining that Lunardi's chart counts for something.

Reaction Score
Good. The McD's game means less than nothing. It has done UConn more harm than good.

caw

Reaction Score
UPDATE ON 247, because so many people care

JA- #32
SE- #65

Personally, I love the "underrated" recruits we bring in. It helps build our brand as a developmental school that breeds players. IMO, that is one of the best reputations you can have.

247 has Adams at 52nd or so. Their composite has Adams at 32. Same deal with Enoch but in reverse.

Reaction Score
Their scouting reports out of high school are pretty similar, with Trimble being the better 3 point shooter. Size wise they are the same. Trimble was 29th in the ESPN rankings, Adams 24th. Or do I only think this because they have the same haircut?
dm_150117_michigan_state_maryland.jpg

rec_g_adams_mb_608x342.jpg

Reaction Score
Well like Bazz and Boat, he will be Ollie's clay. That's one major advantage, so lets anxiously await and see what's molded.

Reaction Score
I think Jalen will be special, maybe not right away but the kid has it.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I think he has what it takes to be special right away. If he works hard, he can be an immediate impact player. Huge impact player. He may not score the way that Boat is right now, but I think this year at Brewster is really teaching him how to run an offense, which is something we desperately need. If only he were on the team this year. What a difference he would make. Let's hope he can step right in and run the show.

Reaction Score
No doubt in my mind he can. Who's Melo Trimble?
Arguably the third best freshman in the country. Averages 16/3/3/1 on 44/40/88 shooting. If you haven't seen him play I definitely recommend watching Wisconsin @ Maryland Tuesday.

Reaction Score
Melo Trimble and D'Angelo Russell are both unreal freshman guards this year...praying Jalen can be just as good as them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom