Jaime Nared | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jaime Nared

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
wow. how do you really feel? guess all those talented players like the sec player of the year (simmons) graves (national freshman of the year) glory johnson (All-american, WNBA all-star) Stricklen (All-american) candace (all-star MVP, WNBA mvp) catchings (WNBA MVP, AA, etc) were all just flukes. who knew.

championship drought? of course. but let's not go over into never never land. ha.

With all due respect, Graves is the Full Court National FOY. The USBWA National Freshman of the Year was Jewell Loyd.

Reaction Score
wow. how do you really feel? guess all those talented players like the sec player of the year (simmons) graves (national freshman of the year) glory johnson (All-american, WNBA all-star) Stricklen (All-american) candace (all-star MVP, WNBA mvp) catchings (WNBA MVP, AA, etc) were all just flukes. who knew.

championship drought? of course. but let's not go over into never never land. ha.

Learn to read LV9...I said in "recent years"...so save me (us) the Candace and Catchings press clippings...that is ancient history now. Also, no need to mention any WNBA successes, unless your willing to admit that those players were underdeveloped and underachieved in college...again, no NC's or FF's. And who cares about SEC honors, the entire league is overrated if you really look at how collectively they have competed with the Elite teams in "recent years".

Thanks for playing "Try Try Again to make it appear that the LV's (Oregon HS All-Star team) are a Elite program".

Reaction Score
With all due respect, Graves is the Full Court National FOY. The USBWA National Freshman of the Year was Jewell Loyd.
um ok. do you not think graves was top 2 in votes for loyd's award? honestly????

Reaction Score
i just don't understand the need to tear down opposing players to build up another player. UCONN has great players, and is heavily favored to win a 9th title, but there is no need to minimize or parse LV players' achievements. just my two cents.

Reaction Score
Learn to read LV9...I said in "recent years"...so save me (us) the Candace and Catchings press clippings...that is ancient history now. Also, no need to mention any WNBA successes, unless your willing to admit that those players were underdeveloped and underachieved in college...again, no NC's or FF's. And who cares about SEC honors, the entire league is overrated if you really look at how collectively they have competed with the Elite teams in "recent years".

Thanks for playing "Try Try Again to make it appear that the LV's (Oregon HS All-Star team) are a Elite program".

well, i have learned in this moment that "stray cat" may not be the poster i want to converse with. way too hateful for me. enjoy your evening friend.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ALL THREE UCONN AND TENNESSEE COMMITS ARE BIG COMMITS AND FIT THE NEED OF BOTH TEAMS NO NEED TO BE JEALOUS AND DOWNPLAY A COMMIT EVERY TIME TENNESSEE GETS ONE AND VICE VERSA FOR UCONN TOO.
75cupdate4.jpg

Reaction Score
i wholeheartedly agree. some vol fans may not be the same, but i think a strong UCONN team is good for WCBB and vice versa. i want TN to get back its mojo and compete for nattys. that's what fans do. :D

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Great! I look forward to rooting against her.

I don't root against any individual players, unless they do something to deserve it, which is rare.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
i just don't understand the need to tear down opposing players to build up another player. UCONN has great players, and is heavily favored to win a 9th title, but there is no need to minimize or parse LV players' achievements. just my two cents.
I don't understand the need to celebrate one's players on another team's board.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
well, i have learned in this moment that "stray cat" may not be the poster i want to converse with. way too hateful for me. enjoy your evening friend.
Click on his name and look for ignore button.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
I believe they did recruit her. I "read" that UConn refused her father's demand that she be named the starter before committing. I seem to remember that Pat did name her Tenn's PG before she ever stepped on the court at TBA. The final chapter hasn't yet been written on AM. I expect she will be Tenn's best guard this season.
I am sure I read that Pat said immediately after Massengale committed to Tenn, she said we finally have a point guard that can or will lead this team. She was really almost a bit nasty about it the comments I remember. It was like she was sending a message to Simmons I think.

Reaction Score

Can't disagree with your list. But where are all the team awards? (and not the SEC please- not a FF in the conference for years) What could be said about your list of player accomplishments is that Tenn recruits great talent and they become great players but achieve little as a team.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
This may be a Boneyard first.

I'm tellin' you guys, DD's not his usual self today: patient, turning the other cheek (at least somewhat), getting "bless you" from visiting Vol fans. Maybe it's climate change, maybe it's a sign of the apocalypse, maybe somebody snuck some brandy into his oatmeal, I don't know. But, if I were Mrs. DD, I'd check his temp: he may be runnin' a fever...:oops:

U

UCONNfan1

I'm not sure anyone is tearing down other players. I think (and I don't follow this board as much) that UCONN fans are a bit flummoxed that Tennessee fans are so giddy over landing Middleton, Dunbar and Nared. A top 15 kid, a top 30 kid and a top 60 kid. That might put Tennessee's class in the top 1o somewhere, certainly behind the heavy hitters in recent years. It's a solid class. Not spectacular by any stretch.

But Tennessee fans are accustomed to landing 1-2 kids in the top 10 every single year. Sure Russell was a recruit for them to jump up and down a lot. The highest rated kid since what - Parker? But certainly not the clear #1 in her class, and certainly not nearly the player that Stewart, KML, Ogwumike, Griner, Moore, Delle Donne, or other #1 kids coming out of HS.

So I don't mean to speak for the other UCONN fans on this board, but it seems all they are trying to do is put this into perspective. Come back and crow if you land Wilson, or Durr/Samuelson from 2015. But top 15'ish player Nared? It's kind of like Miss Alaska jumping up and down saying "I'm a winner - I made it into the top 50"... Yep that is technically true...

Reaction Score
lol that is a great award. glad she came into her own at the end. very nice tourney.

Very nice tourney??? Wasn't she very nice in the regular season and for team USA? Far and away the best freshman in the game is what most think. Congrats to the other ladies on their awards too.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Without quoting the person directly, we have no way of know who you are talking to.

If you weren't talking to someone specifically, I would have to disagree that the majority here aren't tearing down any players. Honest critiques of players is fair game.

Now, parsing LV overall achievements over the last 5 years? their record speaks for itself. A top 10 team.

Reaction Score

Hey sorry, I am just not into drinking Orange Koolaid...taste like crap. But if that's your thing then you check out the all-you-can-drink Orange Koolaide for only $10.95 per month offer at The Summitt.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't root against any individual players, unless they do something to deserve it, which is rare.
You are missing a lot of opportunity. And fun.

Reaction Score
Right now I would rate UT's recruitment this year as good. But UT is still in on Wilson, White, and Nurse. Landing any one of three will turn it into a very good class, and landing two ( I think UT only takes two more) makes it a great class. So we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom