Jacobs | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jacobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The Boneyard never said that....a few boneheads did.

Quite a bit more than a few boneheads. That contingent included a number of posters who are universally respected here, and given the overall character of their posts deservedly so.

Reaction Score
JJ is a - always was always will be
If you think what he wrote was right on - so be it
The guy is an antagonist whose only aim is to rile - it may be players, coaches, officiating people or fans.
The Courant is a rag and is only in business because it has no competition in it's market
If he thinks a majority of BYers want KO gone - he is sadly mistaken
Ask everyone at a sold out XL or Gampel and I would wager 85% don't know what the BY is
No sense wishing he would not write for the Courant because that's the only rag that would hire/employ him
Sometimes at games if I am making small talk with the people around me, Ill just throw it out there and ask if they ever heard of The Boneyard, 90% of the time they look at me like I have 3 heads. The only time I got a yes was the Indiana game at MSG 2 years ago when some kid behind me said his uncle was a member. The only other time I heard somebody acknowledge this place was on the train back from the Michigan St game when two guys walking by my seat mentioned "a thread on the boneyard"

Reaction Score
I actually agree with Jacobs "Keep out of the Boneyard". I suppose he never complained about anything in his life. Oh wait...that is all he does.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do I listen to myself? Of course not. I'll hold out for a few weeks, but then I give in to the worst angels of my masochism. It's just so entertaining being exposed as a nitwit by the fanatics.

Classic Jacobs! I think someone got their feelings hurt... again.

Jacobs is a self-absorbed (and yes, Jeff I used that word just for your self-righteous indignation - you're welcome) but he wrote a column that arguably was supportive of Ollie. Tough for me find fault with that. If the cost of that is his calling out some BY posters as idiots, I can live with that.

I will also say that Jacobs can write a good column when he isn't navel gazing. It's when he puts himself in story or indulges himself by writing a retaliatory article over a perceived slight that he becomes unreadable. His inability to see that is his tragic flaw.

That said, this thread is on its second page, so kudos to him for successfully flaming us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom