Jacobs: What College Team has a Foothold in NY? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jacobs: What College Team has a Foothold in NY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
OK, which one of you guys is actually Tom Marston?

Somebody needs to kick Mr. Marston in his testiculos.
The thing is, though, he's right. There are reasons for it and fortunately I hope the new, young, energetic and vibrant football HC will turn things around. It's not like the ACC or Big10 are itching to expand at the moment. UCONN has a chance to right the ship, so to speak.

They've already done great things with the football and now hoops practice facilities. The rent apparently can be expanded by a fairly good number of seats. I'm sure they will require a commitment from UCONN to do just that. But the fact remains that our football "footprint" is small and unimpressive, at least by comparison to other "bigger time" football programs. I'm not saying it can't change, but at the moment it's very average.

Reaction Score
The thing is, though, he's right. There are reasons for it and fortunately I hope the new, young, energetic and vibrant football HC will turn things around. It's not like the ACC or Big10 are itching to expand at the moment. UCONN has a chance to right the ship, so to speak.

They've already done great things with the football and now hoops practice facilities. The rent apparently can be expanded by a fairly good number of seats. I'm sure they will require a commitment from UCONN to do just that. But the fact remains that our football "footprint" is small and unimpressive, at least by comparison to other "bigger time" football programs. I'm not saying it can't change, but at the moment it's very average.

We'll it also doesn't help that they school changed the policy a few years ago to announce actual attendance and not paid attendance. So, its seriously deflating our attendance numbers compare to what other schools report. The number for the Memphis game would be more like 27,000 than 17,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom