Jacobs and Hathaway - Two Peas in the Pod | The Boneyard

Jacobs and Hathaway - Two Peas in the Pod

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-jacobs-drummond-0910-20110910,0,5181872.column

If you are a UConn basketball fan - how could you support Hathaway???? I notice Jacobs only mentions the Pharma major 6 year thing (with 5 year max for NCAA ship) at the end of the article and of course that nukes the whole premise of his entire article. Sure its not a certainty but that always what I read this kid's plan to be.

According to previous media reports, Drummond's admission was made much easier by a new spirit of cooperation between the basketball program and Herbst and incoming athletic director Paul Pendergast. One source said no way Drummond would be on campus if former AD Jeff Hathaway were still in charge. I'd be lying if I claimed I knew the whole truth, but it was painted to me that because of the lack of any relationship with Calhoun, Hathaway would not go to the wall for his coach, nor, in this case, allow people to execute a plan that most any other school would have.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Jacobs is a tool and needs a way to be noticed so he goes against the grain. He's up there with Parrish and gottlieb

Reaction Score
Jacobs brings up the Beltway ballers situation to remind people Calhoun "skirts" the rules. At that time games vs Beltway ballers were perfectly legal. No rules were skirted.
Regarding the Drummond situation it's the same. All perfectly legal. If Hathaway were still AD, and he didn't inquire, to the NCAA, if placing Bradley on aid, in order to have room for Drummond's scolie, was legal, Hathaway would be an idiot. Furthermore, when the NCAA responded with a "yes, it's legal' response, and if Hathaway didn't allow Drummond to enter UConn, then he should have been fired for being a bigger idiot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Jacobs consciously has a self-inflated worth as he refuses to admit to himself how small time he and his job really are. Subconscoiusly he is fully aware of this wwhich generates the self-loathing that causes him to behave as he does.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
JJ is a bitter jackwagon

he's very loose with the facts throughout the article in his attempt to paint Calhoun as badly as he good while pretending to not be so biased

he once again shows why the media is a cancer in this country. They're supposed to be the protectors of freedom and democracy, But they're not, they're a cancer.

Not only did JC not skirt the rules with respect to the Beltway Ballers, he received authorization from the NCAA prior to playing the game. Why does Jacobs decide not to tell us that? because it doesn't serve his lying hit piece

He's says JC was caught cheating with respect to Miles. No he wasn't, he got trouble because the wannabe player agent was considered a Representative of UConn. If the wannabe agent was not such, no problem. You see, JC is responsible for all the representatives of UConn. every grad, every booster and every season ticket holder, that's why he got in trouble.

I won't miss the lying POS one IOTA when he retires.

bye bye JJ, have fun covering HS hoops

Reaction Score
I was going to sign in and hammer on Jacobs and then I realized wy should I? He's a tool and his journalism was in purely awful form in this colum. He starts out making one believe this would be about the NCAA and not directly at Uconn. He then proceeds to bring up ancient history on a couple of negatove situations of past life. He is truly a man who has been scorned by JC and can't get over it. Pitiful at best as per usual.

Reaction Score
I simply can't deal with his self righteous preaching. On the list of things the NCAA needs to address the annual renewable scholarship issue is close to the bottom. Jacobs would like us to believe that this ranks up there with the OSU or Miami situatiuons.

C

Chief00

Jacobs stream of consciousness - I can't think of anything to write about today - ok let's revert to the bash Calhoun column.

Reaction Score
JJ is, as many here have appeared to note seems to be a very unhappy man. Unhappy with life, himself, etc...Frankly while I used to very much dislike him, I now feel sorry for him. I can close the paper, shut down the internet but he is always stuck with himself. It must be painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom