Jackson's New Floor? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Jackson's New Floor?

Reaction Score
This is more of a thing I'd like to see with Clingan and Jackson because Sanogo is nowhere close to as good a passer as Trevion Williams, but I'd like to see more of this with Sanogo and Jackson. These 40 seconds from 11:00 to 11:40 are beautiful offense and could work with Sanogo/Jackson

They are already doing it. Jackson looks for Sanogo before the play starts, and Adama is reciprocating. It is obvious that there has been a lot of work and teaching going on.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
FWIW..He sees the floor so well without the ball in his hands..Makes his cuts/uses picks.. His teammates are too late to see what he sees and there are missed opportunities..Part of the team evolving
This is a very underrated aspect of his game right now just because guys have trouble finding him. In the starting lineup Cole is the only relatively good passer. If he had guys look for him more he’d be even more effective scoring without the ball. He’s kind of like Stanley in that way.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
can someone find the Jackson shoutout in here? Can’t search his name from my phone.

Reaction Score
can someone find the Jackson shoutout in here? Can’t search his name from my phone.

It's basically just a regurgitation of Dom's article:

r. NSMA Awards Winner Story of the Week: Dom Amore, who was voted the Connecticut sportswriter of the year, wrote about the UConn player who is ever mindful of the legendary Pistol Pete Maravich, right down to the number.

s. What a cool story, particularly if, like many of us of certain ages, Maravich will always be the basketball phenom of phenoms. Who averages 44.2 points a game in the SEC, as he did at LSU? Wrote Amore:

Before he started playing for Albany Academy, Jackson sat down with [basketball trainer] Clymer and watched “The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend,” a 1991 biographical film focusing on Maravich’s eighth-grade season in 1959. Jackson says it changed his life.

Soon Jackson was watching and reading anything he could find on Maravich, who died in 1988. There’s plenty out there — films, books, documentaries, even a song, “Pistol Pete” released by The Ziggens in 2002.

Jackson, now a sophomore, is just beginning to come into his own at UConn, hitting three 3-pointers and getting his first double-double in the Huskies’ 76-59 win over Butler on Tuesday night. Before a game, you might see Jackson, averaging 7.9 points, 7.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists, doing a ball-handling trick from Maravich’s 1987 instructional series, “Homework Basketball.”

“Clyde showed me the video where Pistol Pete does all the dribbling drills,” Jackson said. “The one where he throws the ball between his legs, all the different drills, and we began to work on those drills. The more I did, I got better at handling the ball, and I became a big fan of Pistol Pete because of the flair that he had in his game.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom