Jackson's Court Vision and Passing is Too Good | The Boneyard

Jackson's Court Vision and Passing is Too Good

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
For most of the players on this team, they never expect the pass. They're going to have to start to look for the pass from him. He whips it from one side to the other with such ease. He seems to see the play developing before it happens when in transition. There are a few times I think he's going to take someone's head off.

He has plenty to work on, but he's playing very very well

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For most of the players on this team, they never expect the pass. They're going to have to start to look for the pass from him. He whips it from one side to the other with such ease. He seems to see the play developing before it happens when in transition. There are a few times I think he's going to take someone's head off.

We have a lot of “Reactors” on our team but AJ is a “Creator”. He doesn’t just react to situations, he creates opportunities, and in so many different ways

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think given how screwed up this season is, you just put him on the court and let him work through whatever. He’s too good to sit.
No question. Every minute he’s on the court he improves exponentially.

His talent, potential and athletic freakishness are obvious. He just needs the reps.

He will be a matchup nightmare when he matures, and there is no better way for him to do that than logging game minutes now.

Last edited:

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score

I loved his cross-court pass to Akok, who immediately made a nice move, one-dribble from the 3 point line up for a finger roll.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember who said it, but the only reason Jackson wasn’t a top 15 recruit was the jump shot. And even that’s coming along, to the point where he was allowed to take about 6 3’s today.

His athleticism and vision speak for themselves, and I also think he’s got decent handles for a 6’6” 2/3. Once that perimeter shot comes along, and I think we’re already starting to see early returns on the work he’s been putting in, sky’s truly the limit.

Reaction Score
I loved his cross-court pass to Akok, who immediately made a nice move, one-dribble from the 3 point line up for a finger roll.
I did a double take at how effortless he made that difficult pass look. That might not have been a wise pass for most players, but he appears to be able to do a lot of things most players can’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He needs to start, just like Sanogo, so that Hurley can force feed him minutes on the court. The more Dre plays the faster he will develop.

I also like starting Gaffney. I wonder why more coaches don't do what Hurley is doing. Start your young guys to promote growth.

Reaction Score
He has great instincts aside from immense talent. He looks like he has a nice soft touch... just needs to get in the gym and shoot now that he is healthy.

I like that his passes are crisp. I don't want to knock Cole after the game he had, but he sometimes negates having a wide open shooter by throwing passes that are too soft and let defenses 'catch up' on their rotations.

I really wish Bouknight was available because he and Jackson could be fun to watch. The best thing for an instinctive player is to be playing with teammates with similar instincts.

Reaction Score
He has great instincts aside from immense talent. He looks like he has a nice soft touch... just needs to get in the gym and shoot now that he is healthy.

I like that his passes are crisp. I don't want to knock Cole after the game he had, but he sometimes negates having a wide open shooter by throwing passes that are too soft and let defenses 'catch up' on their rotations.

I really wish Bouknight was available because he and Jackson could be fun to watch. The best thing for an instinctive player is to be playing with teammates with similar instincts.
RJ whipped some really nice passes today.

With the Covid shortened season/no crowds/injuries we were deprived of Bouknight and Jackson together. We've never had two athletes like that play together here.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Not as good as Buddy Boeheim and Joe Girard though.
Kadary is their current preference to AJ, although when he was actually available he was their #1 choice.?

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
AJ made an early bounce pass behind himself that I swear was a no look laser right into his teammate's hands. I hope this kid develops into a star, he's sure looks to have a few good moves already.

Reaction Score
Put AJ on court with Gaf and Bouk and you have something special. NATY

Reaction Score
No question. Every minute he’s on the court he improves exponentially.

His talent, potential and athletic freakishness are obvious. He just needs the reps.

He will be a matchup nightmare when he matures, and there is no better way for him to do that than logging game minutes now.

I know AJax is not a free throw shooter in terms of %, but I do think Danny coulda/shoulda had him in to close with RJ, Gaf, Tyrese, and Whaley. I like Polley but I am to the point where I wanted Jackson out there for D and ball handling.

Reaction Score
Best thing this team can do is assume Bouk is done and start playing for themselves. Today is the first game they assumed the mantle of getting after a W and stopped looking for somebody else to to get it done for them. Kudos to the team.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate Syracuse I don't like to mock them because our season can go off a cliff in an instant but Joe Girard looks like he won MVP of a beer league and his reward was playing for a D1 team.
Growing up in Glens Falls can do that to you. His idol was Jimmer Fredette.

Reaction Score
The funny thing that Jackson't biggest impact on the game was on defense. Did you see how he shut down Paul Scruggs. That was amazing job he did on defense on the best or 2nd best player on the team keeping him below 10 points.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom