Jackson State’s Coach Reed, on Geno | The Boneyard

Jackson State’s Coach Reed, on Geno

Reaction Score
And this is how you build the sport the right way. "Rivalries" are all fine and fun for the hard core fans, but it's spreading credit across the schools and making sure quality is called out that will make the difference. Good for Geno, as if he wasn't already the best on the planet.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Hopefully a "big" school will express interest sooner rather than later. For example, VT...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn could set up games vs. Jackson State going forward. A lot of "mid-majors" struggle to get bigger conferences to schedule them for on-going series. Would be nice to play teams like JSU, or other teams like Gonzaga, Green Bay, FGCU, Middle Tennessee, South Dakota, etc. Not sure who the best are at this time but those are a few off the top of my head who I think have made noise in recent years...

Reaction Score
I wonder if UConn could set up games vs. Jackson State going forward. A lot of "mid-majors" struggle to get bigger conferences to schedule them for on-going series. Would be nice to play teams like JSU, or other teams like Gonzaga, Green Bay, FGCU, Middle Tennessee, South Dakota, etc. Not sure who the best are at this time but those are a few off the top of my head who I think have made noise in recent years...
Before the Pac-12 imploded last summer, they had entered into a multifaceted alliance with SWAC including both men's and women's basketball. I thought it was an excellent idea. However I wonder how the selection committee would view the games. I don't believe the bigger schools should necessarily be penalized for such agreements. Can someone please tell SEC Commish Sankey?

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Mostly yes, but I doubt Geno would look at Jackson State in the abstract because their conference is pretty dreadful. That still matters, the others you mention are solid teams on the whole (I think you mean South Dakota State, South Dakota is just ok, Arizona beat them OOC). With the really strong teams that UConn plays, yes, playing a few quality mid-majors would be fine for their resume.

Reaction Score
The quality of the coaches makes a difference. The Big East has a lot of them. One example is Flannery the Coach of Crieghton. Elite 8 last year and now taking UCLA to the wire in the last round. Good coaches who are good people can turn around programs. We are fortunate to have a great head coach and a superlative staff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom