Jackson and Wauters to skip the wnba this season | The Boneyard

Jackson and Wauters to skip the wnba this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like a 2014 lottery pick for the Storm. Western conference is loaded, without LoJack, Seattle likely to finish 5th behind Phoenix, Minnesota, LA and San Antonio.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Well, there went my idea of Faris to the Storm. They will definitely be looking for size in the upcoming draft. If Bone does come out, this may be where she ends up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well, there went my idea of Faris to the Storm. They will definitely be looking for size in the upcoming draft. If Bone does come out, this may be where she ends up.

Not necessarily, according to Voepel's piece:

Agler said the Storm won't necessarily take a post player in the draft; they will go with the best player available who will be a long-term investment for the team. The "quick fix," if you will, for the post position needs to come from free agency.

http://www.the-boneyard.com/threads/jackson-and-wauters-to-skip-the-wnba-this-season.33204/

Reaction Score
My guess has been that Kelly goes home to play her pro ball. Imagine her game after a couple of years working with Catch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Bummer for Seattle. Would be nice to see Sue do well her last several years in the WNBA...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lauren needs to get her body right. She has been injured seemingly the last 4 years or so.

Without her, they are no threat to win the title. With her, they are.

With a healthy Lauren, Sue might be able to surpass the career assist record. This season, she'll be shooting more.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
On a somewhat related side note, I'm glad for Maya that her China season is now over, and she has ample time to rest and workout at her own pace before the "W" starts up again. Great for her long-term health.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
On a somewhat related side note, I'm glad for Maya that her China season is now over, and she has ample time to rest and workout at her own pace before the "W" starts up again. Great for her long-term health.
Maya is very smart about that. She started icing her knees either early on at UConn or before. As Geno noted, she was like a young puppy, leaving puddles everywhere. :)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Maya is very smart about that. She started icing her knees either early on at UConn or before. As Geno noted, she was like a young puppy, leaving puddles everywhere. :)
She started that in high school. She always made it a point to take time away from the court, too.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

He also said she looked like the Michelin man with her knee/thigh/rib padding.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
How does she move so well with all that body armor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom