Jack Cochran speaks out about Casey and the coaching staff... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Jack Cochran speaks out about Casey and the coaching staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I get that this guy is a pretty well respected coach, but the way CT people hold him in such reverence like he's fuggin Vince Lombardi is out of control.

Maybe it's a CT thing? I grew up in NJ so maybe I don't fully understand it.
Jack is like Greg Toal at Don Bosco

Reaction Score
Let's be clear about this. No matter where CC is next year he will be playing for his third OC in 3 years.

It's not about the OC, it's about playing time. It appears he is now third on the depth chart so why put in all the effort to just send in the plays. He can probably have success at a Towson type program and have a life as well.

He should look at an Ivy school.

Reaction Score
Just my observations from going to a DIII school. The football players didn't have spring practice or play as many games. But they kept absurd hours in the preseason and during the season. I would guess FCS probably has about as an intense schedule as FBS only with way less glory. Ivy League would be an exception I am sure.

I hope Casey sticks around. JMac probably never thought he would get a shot and look what happened. At worst he is an injury or two away from being the man.

Reaction Score
Think of it as coming from a father and not a coach.

No different than if the kid was in pre-med and dad was a doctor.

Dad knows how much time and effort it takes to compete at this level and he wants his kid to enjoy college life. It's what a dad should be saying to his son.

Yes, it's what a father should be saying privately to his son. But WTF -- it is not what a father of a player should be saying publicly. My God, what a horses a##. I can't imagine what my boys would have done to me at that age if I discussed their lives publicly. They didn't like it when I discussed their lives with their grandparents.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's what a father should be saying privately to his son. But WTF -- it is not what a father of a player should be saying publicly. My God, what a horses a##. I can't imagine what my boys would have done to me at that age if I discussed their lives publicly. They didn't like it when I discussed their lives with their grandparents.
Yup! I mentioned to a former coach that one of my kids was struggling a bit with the adjustment to college athletics and got my head handed to me by said kid.

Reaction Score
I can't imagine what my boys would have done to me at that age if I discussed their lives publicly.

Being a QB at an FBS school is a public, high profile position, your football life is discussed in the public all the time, and the kids know this going in, so its not the same as you discussing your son's private life. As a high profile QB you even get the luxury of having people call your father a "horses ass" over some rather benign comments like "my son loves it at UCONN but I would like him to consider all of his options" or "it looks like there may be more changes down the road with the staff", which is basically all that he said. Hardly controversial at all.

Listen to the podcast, Spackler provided the link. The host said "there is a lot of talk about Casey's future, what advise do you give him?". His response was honest, and hardly controversial. This whole thread is a bunch of stirred up dust over nothing.

Reaction Score
Being a QB at an FBS school is a public, high profile position, your football life is discussed in the public all the time, and the kids know this going in, so its not the same as you discussing your son's private life. As a high profile QB you even get the luxury of having people call your father a "horses ass" over some rather benign comments like "my son loves it at UCONN but I would like him to consider all of his options" or "it looks like there may be more changes down the road with the staff", which is basically all that he said. Hardly controversial at all.

Listen to the podcast, Spackler provided the link. The host said "there is a lot of talk about Casey's future, what advise do you give him?". His response was honest, and hardly controversial. This whole thread is a bunch of stirred up dust over nothing.

"I speak to CAsey all the time, but you'll have to ask him that question." That would be non-controversial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom