JA was a minus 22 against Tulsa | Page 2 | The Boneyard

JA was a minus 22 against Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I drew no conclusions or pointed fingers. It's just raw + and minus facts. Just another stat to look at. However I will say over the last two games JA hasn't played well. He 2-10, 8 points 4 TO's and three assist. UCONN needs him to play much better, along with many of the other players, if we are going to make a run in the NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
Adams had a big rebound and a blocked shot in the last 2 minutes against Tulsa. I prefer when he is on the floor and Gibbs can play off the ball like he should.

Reaction Score
In the second half JA was sub in at 2:42 with UC winning by two. He played the rest of the game and the final score was 63-58. JA was a minus 7 in the second half and minus 17 for the game in 19 minutes of play. Just the facts!!
Maybe those are the facts, but to use the Temple stats with 2:42 remaining after the wheels had completely off and JA was thrown back in to "save the day" are a little unfair.

Reaction Score
He's not playing well isn't just coincidence with his being in the doghouse. He'll be fine and we'll be better with him on the floor more.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Fantasy league bb
3AZMzEF.png

what is this madness?

Reaction Score
Shrug ...

What did Al McGuire say?

Jalen Adams is a freshman; prone to inconsistency. I agree with the premise that WE really need him to get better ... and he should. But, he is obviously in a growth mode and sometimes that is going to mean he is -16 or something. He pouts? That also is part of it. He has shown enough that I wish we could push more minutes on him. But, I distinctly like the KO move to bring Sterling Gibbs in back in April. Jalen Adams as our lead PG would lead to a disastrous season and we would be a mighty angry Boneyard. He is not ... NOT ... Melo Trimble who played to a high level as a Frosh. He CAN get far better if you just look at his stroke and his ability to get past guys on the dribble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom