JA was a minus 22 against Tulsa | The Boneyard

JA was a minus 22 against Tulsa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I went back and looked at how UCONN performed yesterday with JA on the floor. UC was -22 with JA. He was 0-2 from the field with one assist and three TO's. He got a key rebound and hit two ft' down the stretch. But overall UC played very poorly when he was on the floor. UC was +2 with AB on the floor.

Reaction Score
Against Temple UC was. - 17 with JA on the floor. Overall he was 2-8 and two free throws, 2 assist and one TO.

So in the last two games UC was a minus 39 when JA is on the floor.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Well, I would put some of that on freshmanitis and some of it on this whole situation with KO. He had turned a corner before temple and was playing within game flow effortlessly for at least 3 straight games. In the last 3 halves since the benching you can see him overthinking again on the floor. If you don't play instinctively and are second guessing in the moment you are already screwed.

Ultimately it's on JA if he really yelled at the coaches, but this whole episode has sucked away what was improving about us.

Reaction Score
Not a good indicator at all. Are talking points for/against while in the game?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I just went to do it myself. ESPN doesn't have the subs so I went to uconnhuskies.com. Why does their play by play have an OT starting at 75-73 and ending at 92-85? What game is this pulling from? It has stats by Boatright and JA. What universe did I fall into and can we go back to it?

Reaction Score
To me it's much more an indicator of the random substitution patterns from KO. JA had a great first half against Temple then got benched and thrown in with 2 minutes left and the team had already completely wilted. Yesterday we had a new starting lineup for the first time this year. In mid February.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
3AZMzEF.png

what is this madness?

Reaction Score
To me it's much more an indicator of the random substitution patterns from KO. JA had a great first half against Temple then got benched and thrown in with 2 minutes left and the team had already completely wilted. Yesterday we had a new starting lineup for the first time this year. In mid February.

Thank you for making my point. If the other guys are suddenly playing like crap after lighting it up before you came in is it really on you? No

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Way too many variables to be considered to allow this as any type of an effective stat to gauge effective performance - especially with this team.
JA will be a great asset to the program as long as he does what he is supposed to do on and off the court

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Time travelling, this team could be good, depending upon the fifth player. Boatright, Adams and Kromah, with a mature Enoch at the center.
An Enoch that can nail 3s none the less!

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
-22 ? Man, that's a little better than Sylvain Turgeon. Not good.

Reaction Score
I find it dumbfounding that there is anyone that doesn't see this situation the way that the pro-Jalen crowd does. We are going nowhere without him playing 30+ minutes per game and leading this team. Nowhere.

I don't care if we are minus 80 with him in a game. He starts the next night without question. I am counting on him for two things:

1. To give us a shot at a surprising post season run this year.
2. To run this team next season and put us back where we belong in the Top 25 all year long.

The less he plays right now, the less chance either of those things happen.

Reaction Score
Some of you guys are too smart for me.

I'm so glad that I really on my eyes and not the facts. I really enjoy the game and post game more that way because I call it as I see it.

Reaction Score
Against Temple UC was. - 17 with JA on the floor. Overall he was 2-8 and two free throws, 2 assist and one TO.

So in the last two games UC was a minus 39 when JA is on the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some of you guys are too smart for me.

I'm so glad that I really on my eyes and not the facts. I really enjoy the game and post game more that way because I call it as I see it.

Ignorance is bliss?

Reaction Score

I was thinking the same thing. Adams played 19 minutes, two of them in the second half. So unless Temple was +15 during his minutes in the first half (which they were not), the OP is lying.

Next . . .

Reaction Score
Let deal with the facts instead of calling me a liar. JA started the game and played 6 minutes. UC was trailing 8-4 when he was subbed out -4, JA sat 3:48 and was sub in at the 10:12 with UC winning 14-10. He played the rest of the first half the score at half time was 31-29 Temple. -6 after he was sub back in. Minus 10 for the first half.
In the second half JA was sub in at 2:42 with UC winning by two. He played the rest of the game and the final score was 63-58. JA was a minus 7 in the second half and minus 17 for the game in 19 minutes of play. Just the facts!!

Reaction Score
It's odd. I've got a play-by-play showing Adams scoring and rebounding at times that yours has him out of the game.

If mine is wrong, fine.

Reaction Score
Adams has stunk his last 2 games, do not care what his +/- was, anyone with eyes can see that.

Adams has been solid at time this year but the love affair with him boggles my mind. He may end up being great, but right now he cannot shoot and he turns the ball over way way too much. I agree we need him to play well for us to be a "contender" but he has not done that for a majority of this year.

Reaction Score
Ignorance is bliss?
Yeah, combined with laziness, and using this place as my UConn encyclopedia (book of facts).

Leebo at my age my brain can only contain so much, and I need to choose wisely what 'trivia' stuff to store. Plus like I said some of you guys are smarter than me, so I feed off of posters research.

Think of it as you guys are the fishermen of facts and I eat what you catch. My eyes tell me you caught a nice looking fish and perhaps what type. You guys tell me how much it weighs, the water temp, type of line used, number of casting attempts, percentage of cast/catch ratio, size, male/female, etc.. I just tell you all if it taste good or nasty, hence calling it like I see it. That works for me.

At my age, I'm just happy and grateful to simply identify it as a fish. LOL

Reaction Score
Let deal with the facts instead of calling me a liar. JA started the game and played 6 minutes. UC was trailing 8-4 when he was subbed out -4, JA sat 3:48 and was sub in at the 10:12 with UC winning 14-10. He played the rest of the first half the score at half time was 31-29 Temple. -6 after he was sub back in. Minus 10 for the first half.
In the second half JA was sub in at 2:42 with UC winning by two. He played the rest of the game and the final score was 63-58. JA was a minus 7 in the second half and minus 17 for the game in 19 minutes of play. Just the facts!!

So when Adams came in at the 2:42 in the 2nd half at Temple its his fault Purvis got beat by his man and fouled the guy to take the lead? His his fault no one else could get by their man but him when he missed a runner in the lane? His fault Purvis double dribbled?

I'll give u the behind the back pass but thats it. The minus 7 in the 2nd half is not related to Adams.

Reaction Score
Adams has stunk his last 2 games, do not care what his +/- was, anyone with eyes can see that.

Adams has been solid at time this year but the love affair with him boggles my mind. He may end up being great, but right now he cannot shoot and he turns the ball over way way too much. I agree we need him to play well for us to be a "contender" but he has not done that for a majority of this year.

I don't think anyone would debate that he was terrible vs. Tulsa. He did not have a bad first half vs. Temple. So his play deteriorated after the as-of-yet unknown incident at halftime of the Temple game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom