Izzo on Ollie (must watch) | The Boneyard

Izzo on Ollie (must watch)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Wow nice find thank you. What a statement. KO is likable but so is Tom Izzo. Heard him on Sirius yesterday and he was asked about the rivalry with Coach K now and he said "Rivalry? I'm 1-8 against him you call that a rivalry?" kidding of course but he's a funny guy and a seemingly good guy!

Reaction Score
Now Izzo will probably be enamored here at the Boneyard. Just be aware he has always been this way.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Roy Williams loves UConn. Tom Izzo feels KO is his favorite person. This is it. A tug of war between the ACC and the B!G for UConn. One can dream.

Nice find.

Reaction Score
Izzo is probably the only college coach i like ( other than KO) , one i would grab a beer with and talk hoops. no wonder kids love playing for him. shoots from the hip no b/s

Reaction Score
Izzo was a d___head after his loss last year. He is mostly complimenting KO bc he is similarly a 7 seed striving for a Ship. I think he is a great coach, but let's cool out with the love fest
rethinking my post i agree with you, i think the video was more about the 7 seed thing. almost tonguencheek, like ; "i LOVE KO!, what a great story that was". its not like he was giving him props for this season or anything else. it was props for being a 7 seed

Reaction Score
ISO could not have been a Richard as much as Jeff Walz was toward Jim Jabar, after the Ville lost to Dayton. Walz is a jerk.

Reaction Score
Izzo was a d___head after his loss last year. He is mostly complimenting KO bc he is similarly a 7 seed striving for a Ship. I think he is a great coach, but let's cool out with the love fest
Izzo was kind of d---head after his loss last year but that was right after a game he thought he was going to win. It's the first time I've ever seen him act a bit childish but I chalk it up to him getting his butt kicked by an underdog and the entire crowd chanting U-C-O-N-N UConn UConn UConn! Coming right off the court and having a mic shoved in your face under those circumstances and you might not be at your best.

Reaction Score
Maybe the win it for Lacy theme caused him to just hate the loss more than usual? I agree with you though there was no love fest after the L (very douchy comments). My guess is...like yours that he has a better appreciation for what UConn did last year after experiencing it himself. Michigan State in general is not a hard team to root for 99% of the time.

Reaction Score
Maybe the win it for Lacy theme caused him to just hate the loss more than usual? I agree with you though there was no love fest after the L (very douchy comments). My guess is...like yours that he has a better appreciation for what UConn did last year after experiencing it himself. Michigan State in general is not a hard team to root for 99% of the time.

Yea, I will root for Izzo 100 times out of 100, when he isn't playing UCONN. I just wanted to make the point that this isn't exactly pamphlet material for when we are contacting recruits.

Reaction Score
rethinking my post i agree with you, i think the video was more about the 7 seed thing. almost tonguencheek, like ; "i LOVE KO!, what a great story that was". its not like he was giving him props for this season or anything else. it was props for being a 7 seed

You must be a smart dude - almost always on the same page as me. That said, I think you need to cool on SE a little as an instant contributor, he will be a very young freshman who has no idea how good he can be, but we will save this discussion fire another thread.

Reaction Score
The way Michigan St. is playing right now is quite similar to UConn last year. Izzo isn't just saying he likes Ollie as a person, he is saying his game plan this year is practically modeled after last year's UConn team. It has been noticeable in the last few games. Trice has played like a UConn guard. I also think he is trying to be complimentary because he came across as a sore loser last year.

Reaction Score
I don't really remember Izzo saying anything last year that was that bad. OK, maybe he could have complimented UConn more, but it isn't really his job to talk about how awesome UConn is. At least he didn't go with the "we played poorly" line after the 2009 FF win like a certain other coach might have.

But I agree that he is one of my favorite coaches along with Beilein from Michigan.

Reaction Score

Yeah what exactly about that video should be shown to recruits? It's basically a coach saying "I hope my team does what that team did." He's not really saying anything about Ollie beyond that. He's his "favorite person" because he did what Izzo wants to do, that's it.

Reaction Score
You must be a smart dude - almost always on the same page as me. That said, I think you need to cool on SE a little as an instant contributor, he will be a very young freshman who has no idea how good he can be, but we will save this discussion fire another thread.

Ha, i just think its hilarious the posters writing a top 50 prospect ( who JUST LEAPED INTO THAT RANKING) off as a project and non contributor. His frame and mobility is big time, as well as his mind. you don't just go from norwalk high to nepsac and EAT ( while hoisting fantastic GPA in a prep school setting) . honestly with rankings, its unnecessarily objective. they should create 'tiers'. we'll dig deeper into this as the drought of summer wears on

Reaction Score
He is trying to lull us into complacency. He is trying to assimilate us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom