Iversen game— castle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iversen game— castle

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
Not pessimistic at all. Having a 6-6pg is great. All I did was watch whole game and reported what I saw. I actually like that he may need developmental time. It’s all good
Thanks for the report scrappy. He sounds like a perfect fit for the program. Big boy, lots of upside. He’s been to a practice and he knows what he signed up for. DH will get his motor runnin’ trust me. Year 2 he’s an all star.

Reaction Score
This is way off brand. I’ll fix it.

@Scrappy3 says “Castle is likely going for 25/10/10 next year and with Clingan doubling that I can only see success in our future.”
You forgot the part about he'll be leading them to a national championship. :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Blasmephy, dontchaknow Castle is already a lottery pick in 2024? I was Boneyarded for suggesting he might be here two years.

Y'see, he's the PG in 23/24 and than Boogie is our PG 24/25 and that's that. Cast in stone, furgetaboutit

This is the word of the Yard. Thanks be to the Yard

:)
Very strange that you and Scrappy3 are aligned with the more pessimistic perspective of Castle when the two of you are typically the cheerleaders in this forum.

My opinion is that Castle is really good and has shown development year over year in high school. That type of progression indicates he wants to improve. He has shot up the rankings for a reason. He's a system/team player and these games which feature top players are primarily showcases for ego centric players. They are not the best games for someone like Castle. He is the consummate "we player" that Hurley is hoping to get when he recruits.

How this translates in college is a crapshoot. No one knows absolutely. So implying he's one and done or saying he's here for more than one year is just guess work. Anyone believing they know exactly what will happen are just individuals who are argumentative or have an inflated opinion of themselves.

My opinion is that Castle certainly has the basketball skill levels already to be considered one and done. Considering that Castle appears to be a quick learner and that when he arrives he will be getting great instruction from an excellent coaching staff any additional development to get to the NBA should be a reasonable objective.

Reaction Score
I have a hard time believing that Castle will excel in the BE meat grinder to the point that he is one and done. That means he’s going to be dominating BE games freshman year?

Reaction Score
I’ve watched him against top competition and he has always showed out. One down game and that was a garbage garbage game. I wouldn’t take anything from this. This kid went from a 4 star to a top 10 player. He is the real deal. Don’t listen to these fools about 1 bad all star game.

Reaction Score
No panic Simple observation. He’s a big skilled pg but he’s not a no brainer like a d j Wagner. Maybe a less athletic Anthony black
Stronger than Black and bullied his way into the lane. You watch one game and that’s your assumption?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
How about the kid comes and plays? If he’s NBA material in year one, great for him. Great for UConn if he’s gone after a year, remains to be seen.

Reaction Score
Scrappy is correct that he didn’t play well, but I wouldn’t say athleticism was the issue. Castle isn‘t a top 10 recruit based upon athleticism, so yeah, when he’s on the court with the DJ Wagners and Justin Edwards of the world he does looks a step slow. But those guys are elite, elite athletes.

Mostly he just missed shots and got frustrated and passive because of it. He missed all the 3s I saw him take, missed his first 3-4 free throws, and missed some bunnies at the rim he normally makes, even against top competition. The format of these types of games are also terrible for him.

He did get into the lane and found guys for wide open 3s, which to me is his best skill. His plus/minus was probably pretty decent because his team was consistently falling behind when he was out and catching up when he was in, at least until the last 5 minutes of the game.

Overall it was a very positive broadcast for UConn. It was on CBSSN, so they talked multiple times about how dominate we were in the tournament. They showed a few highlights of the championship game against SDSU. Talked about Newton and Jackson getting NBA feedback. We were brought up a lot.

Reaction Score
Very strange that you and Scrappy3 are aligned with the more pessimistic perspective of Castle when the two of you are typically the cheerleaders in this forum.

My opinion is that Castle is really good and has shown development year over year in high school. That type of progression indicates he wants to improve. He has shot up the rankings for a reason. He's a system/team player and these games which feature top players are primarily showcases for ego centric players. They are not the best games for someone like Castle. He is the consummate "we player" that Hurley is hoping to get when he recruits.

How this translates in college is a crapshoot. No one knows absolutely. So implying he's one and done or saying he's here for more than one year is just guess work. Anyone believing they know exactly what will happen are just individuals who are argumentative or have an inflated opinion of themselves.

My opinion is that Castle certainly has the basketball skill levels already to be considered one and done. Considering that Castle appears to be a quick learner and that when he arrives he will be getting great instruction from an excellent coaching staff any additional development to get to the NBA should be a reasonable objective.
Not pessimistic. I love castle as a pg. But he was athletically overmatched in this game. He got blocked 4-5 x at
6-6. Just watch a rerun. He looks like he will need time to reach his potential? He’s a great big guard who will play a big role . But he was clearly not a top player with this group

Reaction Score
Blasmephy, dontchaknow Castle is already a lottery pick in 2024? I was Boneyarded for suggesting he might be here two years.

Y'see, he's the PG in 23/24 and than Boogie is our PG 24/25 and that's that. Cast in stone, furgetaboutit

"Boneyarded" should be in the dictionary

Reaction Score
it’s another HS showcase game & he's been in all of them + the national team. it this point, he’s thinking about repeating on the biggest stage of sporting events.

Reaction Score
Scrappy is correct that he didn’t play well, but I wouldn’t say athleticism was the issue. Castle isn‘t a top 10 recruit based upon athleticism, so yeah, when he’s on the court with the DJ Wagners and Justin Edwards of the world he does looks a step slow. But those guys are elite, elite athletes.

Mostly he just missed shots and got frustrated and passive because of it. He missed all the 3s I saw him take, missed his first 3-4 free throws, and missed some bunnies at the rim he normally makes, even against top competition. The format of these types of games are also terrible for him.

He did get into the lane and found guys for wide open 3s, which to me is his best skill. His plus/minus was probably pretty decent because his team was consistently falling behind when he was out and catching up when he was in, at least until the last 5 minutes of the game.

Overall it was a very positive broadcast for UConn. It was on CBSSN, so they talked multiple times about how dominate we were in the tournament. They showed a few highlights of the championship game against SDSU. Talked about Newton and Jackson getting NBA feedback. We were brought up a lot.
Several times in the second half he was shaking his head and had bad body language as the others tried and failed at making one on one hotdogging moves. He was definitely frustrated and it showed.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

I am not pessimistic about Castle, not at all. I love him coming to UConn, happy to have him, can't wait to see him play next year.

I just can't put him in the lottery before he's played one minute. That's not a crime

Not everyone thinks the same, that's OK too

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
One small part of One game and Scrappy has given his opinion

Castle is a point guard, something UConn hasn't put on the floor in a few years. I've seen him play against high end comp and you knew he was on the court, much like Hawk when he played pre-UConn.

He'll be fine and he will play the 1- he has to. He didn't come to PGU to sit. If he does he will be portal/GLeague bound.

Take it easy and let the kid drop his suitcase in a dorm and lace up his kicks in the gym in Storrs.

Reaction Score
The kid has a lot of skill but if Andre and Tristen don’t return Castle better play like a one and done or this team may be in for a tough season.

Reaction Score
I have no opinion on Castle, but I’m never going believe any recruit is legit one and done until I see him play against high major competition in a real game. If he isn’t as far along as advertised, l won’t be at all surprised. No big deal. 2-3 and done is great too.
Nor do I automatically assume they are going to be starting from day 1 like so many are saying is a forgone conclusion.

Reaction Score

There’s a chance he’s not a one and done without a doubt. And Boogie nights could be in the Castle 24-25. Never know willie after all we are the Yard.;)

Reaction Score
The kid has a lot of skill but if Andre and Tristen don’t return Castle better play like a one and done or this team may be in for a tough season.
Are you forgetting that we’re still going to have the best player on the court every single game..? As long as Clingan is on the court, we will be the better team no matter who we face.

Reaction Score
Was somewhat invisible. Not the same athlete as many of these guys. Motor only fair but he is a big guy for the 1 position. Didn’t make any jumpers and was blocked at rim. Looks like a pg who will need developmental time despite his high ranking. In the best of worlds newton comes back and castle can both back up and also play some 2. Because newton can shoot you can play them together
Hrs a play maker that can get to rim and score.This was a ball hog game which is not his style. If you noticed once you gave up the ball you never got it back. He will be a great addition but is still a freshman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom