I've Never Been a Bigger UCONN Fan... | The Boneyard

I've Never Been a Bigger UCONN Fan...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
like I said about UT when they played Louisville. I don't just want to see UCONN win...I want to see a total blowout.

Is there a chance that Walz will dare try the same type of gameplan that was used against Baylor...scratch, claw, hit, knee, elbow, etc? I have a feeling he may pull out all the stops to try to win the biggest game of all.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
like I said about UT when they played Louisville. I don't just want to see UCONN win...I want to see a total blowout.

Is there a chance that Walz will dare try the same type of gameplan that was used against Baylor...scratch, claw, hit, knee, elbow, etc? I have a feeling he may pull out all the stops to try to win the biggest game of all.

It's cool......if he wants a scrum we'll just make like the NHL and put in an enforcer, aka Heather Buck!

:D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The game will be very tough and physical but Walz can't use the same approach because UCONN is much more diverse than Baylor.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Uconn has too many weapons for him to focus on stopping one player. Plus, there is the now familiar dilemma.... Stopping Uconn from scoring is one issue but the larger issue is how do you score against the top defense in the country?

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score

Is there a chance? Heck, They always play that way. It's a question of degree and what the refs will let them get away with. At least they don't have any players that get the superstar treatment like Diggins.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The game will be very tough and physical but Walz can't use the same approach because UCONN is much more diverse than Baylor.

Exactly - the way we're playing, he would need Plan A, B, C, D ..... because there are too many potential ways for us to win. At that point you don't have a highly focused game plan any more. They will have to rely on the 3-ball and generally slow up the works for everyone in the lane on defense.

I like Tuck for more minutes in this game as we go small with Stewie in the middle. Gives us more flexibility to defend the perimeter, which is the only way they can win a 40 minute game (rain 3's). Stef will still get hers, though.

Reaction Score
The trouble with Heather Buck the Enforcer - after she bangs you up, she stops to put a band-aid on it

What I want more than anything for this team is for us to get a big enough lead that Heather gets in and gets to score. What a cap to a selfless career

If she gets in and can play with non-thinking abandon, the girl can score in lots of ways. She does it routinely in summer ball

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Instead of starting a new thread, perhaps we can speculate here who the Refs might be. I would have guaranteed it would be Dee Kantner, but she worked the semi-final, as did Dennis Demayo, and Tina Napier. So who is left to Ref the final?

Bonita Spence?

(Serious responses only, please, we all know Sally Bell is retired.)

Reaction Score
I doubt that he'll get away with it after the criticism received after the Baylor game. The refs will be on the lookout for it and just won't allow it.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I doubt that he'll get away with it after the criticism received after the Baylor game. The refs will be on the lookout for it and just won't allow it.

I agree , that might be the saving grace from the ref angle. Hope so.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Is there a chance? Heck, They always play that way.
Yes, they do. Have for years. The most physical teams in the Big East are UConn, ND, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville, in no particular order. The ACC and B1G are going to love their new conference-mates because it's not only the women, it's the men's teams too.

Reaction Score

I was never a bigger Baylor fan than last year, when your gals went up against ND in the finals (actually I was still not quite 5'2", but I certainly felt bigger when Baylor walloped our arch enemies.)

I hope that our gals can return the favor by blowing out Louisville.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Instead of starting a new thread, perhaps we can speculate here who the Refs might be. I would have guaranteed it would be Dee Kantner, but she worked the semi-final, as did Dennis Demayo, and Tina Napier. So who is left to Ref the final?

Bonita Spence?

(Serious responses only, please, we all know Sally Bell is retired.)
From 1982-1988, the Final game was reffed by two of the refs at the semis, but not since then (although I don't have 2012 handy). Dee was a finals ref several years, but yeah, she was at the semi, so unless they change their routine, it will be someone else.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Yes, they do. Have for years. The most physical teams in the Big East are UConn, ND, Rutgers, Syracuse, and Louisville, in no particular order. The ACC and B1G are going to love their new conference-mates because it's not only the women, it's the men's teams too.

Oh joy

Reaction Score

I would also add Georgetown to that group.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score

If he does he will do the woman's game no favors at all. Would he want that on his head?

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score

I have no doubt that Coach Walz will come up with an innovative game plan. However, putting three players directly around Stef would clearly not be it. Stef likes the high post and would be very comfortable making tip passes from the midst of the tight defense and tapping the ball to UConn cutters for easy layups (too bad Coach Mulkey didn't try that :)).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It's cool......if he wants a scrum we'll just make like the NHL and put in an enforcer, aka Heather Buck!

:D

Surely you jest. No one who cares about wcbb would seriously suggest use of enforcers and we know that Heather is ill-suited for that role. In fact, none of her teammates are either, so the concept dies a-borning. Good.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
LVille will have to find a way to score against UConns defense. It aint gonna be easy. UConn will score and score a lot. It will be tuff and a lot of banging but UConn will score. Lets face it LVille will have problems getting inside on UConn . ND did. This could be over in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom