I've decided I like this CFB playoff thing | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I've decided I like this CFB playoff thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Plus Jones has an arm that outlasts the coverage. Amazing deep ball thrower. Kinda like Adrian Dantley's kid when he was at Syracuse, wasn't good, but could throw it a mile downfield. Jones is better than that. Ohio State's defense though, they are doing their thing against this Bama offense. Back to back sacks are a big statement. Uncle Mo with bucknuts right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
from Pete Thamel on twitter

Cardale Jones' nickname is 12 Gauge. He boasts of having strongest arm in college football. Hard to argue. OSU up 27-21.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Jones is playing with fire with some of these runs by taking some big hits, and I am not as sold on his arm.

Reaction Score
Jones is playing with fire with some of these runs by taking some big hits, and I am not as sold on his arm.

I don't think he is a great QB but you're going to struggle find someone who throws it farther or harder. Bazooka.

Reaction Score
You're not sold on his arm, his arm strength is off the charts. He is the third stringer so he makes some mistakes but his arm is certainly not the problem.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Hurts when a lot of these schools have 3rd string qbs like this and it's been such a struggle for us to find something remotely competent as a 1st stringer. Big difference from the haves and the have nots.

Reaction Score
Hurts when a lot of these schools have 3rd string qbs like this and it's been such a struggle for us to find something remotely competent as a 1st stringer. Big difference from the haves and the have nots.
Its not that complicated. There are competent QBs all over the MAC. They are everywhere in CFB except in Storrs it seems.

Reaction Score
Win or lose, Ohio State showed they belong. Physically, man for man they could play with Bama and a pick 6. Just when you think you have CFB all firgured out. Boom. No you dont

Reaction Score
Ohio State flying around all over the field right now. Its Bama that is being outphysicalled right now.

Reaction Score
Win or lose, Ohio State showed they belong. Physically, man for man they could play with Bama and a pick 6. Just when you think you have CFB all firgured out. Boom. No you dont
Win or lose, showed they belong? Of course they belong it's Ohio State. Don't know where this theory that Bama is an unbeatable juggernaut came from, they were very lucky to have only one loss this year. Oregon, Bama, OSU, TCU and FSU are all great teams. This game is awesome by the way.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're not sold on his arm, his arm strength is off the charts. He is the third stringer so he makes some mistakes but his arm is certainly not the problem.

Where does throwing the ball the farthest show up in the stat sheet? He sprays the balls on long throws.. Two TD's were badly underthrown. Some guys can wind up and fire it a mile, but the only arm strength that matters is being able to throw a 45 yard pass differently than a 50 yard pass.

Ohio State may regret not going for 2 on that last TD. The chance of Bama scoring a TD and kicking 2 FG's seems pretty low right now. tOSU needed 2.

Reaction Score
Win or lose, showed they belong? Of course they belong it's Ohio State. Don't know where this theory that Bama is an unbeatable juggernaut came from, they were very lucky to have only one loss this year. Oregon, Bama, OSU, TCU and FSU are all great teams. This game is awesome by the way.
Be honest, with a third string QB very few gave them a legit shot.

Reaction Score
Be honest, with a third string QB very few gave them a legit shot.
I agree and didn't understand it, most of what I heard is Bama is the best team and they would beat FSU in the title game. I picked Oregon and OSU....this fourth quarter should be epic.

Reaction Score

Hard for me to call FSU a great team but I agree with your point.

Reaction Score
Where does throwing the ball the farthest show up in the stat sheet? He sprays the balls on long throws.. Two TD's were badly underthrown. Some guys can wind up and fire it a mile, but the only arm strength that matters is being able to throw a 45 yard pass differently than a 50 yard pass.

Ohio State may regret not going for 2 on that last TD. The chance of Bama scoring a TD and kicking 2 FG's seems pretty low right now. tOSU needed 2.
You should have said you're not sold on his accuracy. Normally when someone is talking about QB's and says they are not sold on their arm they are talking about arm strength. Jones throws a rocket and can also chuck it about 80 yards downfield.

Reaction Score

Forget the guy's name but during the Bledsoe days there was a LB or long snapper who they said could stand on the one yard line and throw it into the opposite endzone. Without video I don't believe it, but still

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I agree and didn't understand it, most of what I heard is Bama is the best team and they would beat FSU in the title game. I picked Oregon and OSU....this fourth quarter should be epic.

I suppose it would be funny if the B1G won another game by a game-deciding kick hitting an upright.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I keep seeing this ad in my mind...

B1GadUConn_zps1e3e6cef.jpg

Yes, that's a white clam pizza.

Reaction Score
That should have been pass interference. That DB made contact a second and a half before that ball arrived.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If Ohio State wins the hidden play was when Jones got buried on a sack inside the 5 as he was going to throw and he held onto the ball.

Reaction Score
Man, I was thinking OSU should have taken a safety there and make them drive the length of the field to take the lead.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
WTF did Alabama just do? Talk about shooting a gift horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom