I've been reading McGraw's Bench .. | The Boneyard

I've been reading McGraw's Bench ..

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
and I've noticed a change in tone over there. Early in the year there was a lot of whining about various issues, injuries, refs, if this and if that etc. But lately the tone has changed to be much lighter. It's optimistic, excited looking forward to the Brunelle announcement.

It's like it was at the Boneyard a few months ago. Now I see a lot more of the whining here, which I'm not used to seeing. Most of you don't fall in that whiny realm. But I do see more of it.

There are some times I would like to post on McGraw's to provide a different insight, but they won't let me because I only use my Hotmail account for general stuff and they don't allow free email accounts. too bad.

Reaction Score
and I've noticed a change in tone over there. Early in the year there was a lot of whining about various issues, injuries, refs, if this and if that etc. But lately the tone has changed to be much lighter. It's optimistic, excited looking forward to the Brunelle announcement.

It's like it was at the Boneyard a few months ago. Now I see a lot more of the whining here, which I'm not used to seeing. Most of you don't fall in that whiny realm. But I do see more of it.

There are some times I would like to post on McGraw's to provide a different insight, but they won't let me because I only use my Hotmail account for general stuff and they don't allow free email accounts. too bad.
Other boards have some weird requirements for joining. I don't get it. Any other site on the internet is easy just simply sign up and post. I guess the people that run WCBB boards are super protective over them for some reason.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Other boards have some weird requirements for joining. I don't get it. Any other site on the internet is easy just simply sign up and post. I guess the people that run WCBB boards are super protective over them for some reason.
NDNation gets a lot of trolls and haters. I imagine the Duke site is similar.

I've worked with the NDNation admins before, when we had a few common issues. Nice guys.

Reaction Score
I've visited both the ND and the Tenn (Volnation) sites. My opinion, and only mine, is that there are more informed posters at the ND site when it comes to tactics, recruits, etc., most notably Dillon, Orangutan, Artichoke, who also post here.

On the other hand, the vitriol on the ND site toward UCONN is worse than Volnation. And the whining sets the standard for all sports forums. Hopefully, that will lessen now with their well-deserved championship.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Winning a National Championship tends to do that.

Last edited:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Well, with all of their returning talent, let's see how McGraw's Bench responds if they don't repeat.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

I would personally welcome more non-ND posters on the site for the kind of perspective that rounds out boards.Have always appreciated the chance to do so here and enjoy the one or two Husky supporters that post on McGraw's Bench.

There has been a core group there for quite some time, along with a number of one- to two-year folks. Combined it makes for good reading.

BTW, regarding the football board: I stay away from that and I'm a Domer so get anyone's point on that. Basketball, soccer and lacrosse (the sport I played in college) for me.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I've visited both the ND and the Tenn (Volnation) sites. My opinion, and only mine, is that there are more informed posters at the ND site when it comes to tactics, recruits, etc., most notably Dillon, Orangutan, Artichoke, who also post here.

On the other hand, the vitriol on the ND site toward UCONN is worse than Volnation. And the whining sets the standard for all sports forums. Hopefully, that will lessen now with their well-deserved championship.

It won't lessen. Quite the contrary.

Theirs is a private, religiously based institution shrouded in the combined aura of academic prestige and chauvinistic arrogance. Athletic success, in such a cauldron, will only embolden the spewers of vitriol. The "Catholics vs. Convicts" episode is a prime example.

Reaction Score

The few times I have checked it out I didn’t think they were too bad. There are always some on any board. What was interesting was seeing some of the same nd folks that post on the Boneyard and they were just as sane on both boards. They would actually call out some of the ridiculous posts on the bench.

Reaction Score
Hands down this board is the best. Don't see a need for any other.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom